Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Rape, is appearance a threshold men?

This is a fairly serious question albeit difficult to articulate.

I'm not going to bore you with some really super detailed scenario. Let's just sufficient to say that though some means you were attacked violently and off guard by a member of your sexual preference. Let's also say that there was an initiation of a sexual assault on you in which from the initial physical attack and to some point in the sexual assault you were obstructed from any visualization of your attacker. If at some point in the middle or towards the end of the sexual assault you were able to get a good look at the attacker, do you believe their appearance level would effect your view of the situation.

To be slightly less seriously, let's say you yourself are middle of the road "5 or 6" on the number scale and your attacker is a "9 or 10" by your own measure. Do you believe this would change things for you?

7+ Year Old Account
    Incoming lock. Hopefully.

No.
    It wouldn't change anything.

/morecharsneeded

10+ Year Old Account
    Rape by a hotty is still rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Incoming lock. Hopefully.
    It's a serious question?

Men are generally more visual. Women are not. Do men only consider an attack on them based upon the perceived attractiveness of the person?

Look at Horrible Bosses. Lot of guys were chuckling at the idea of Sandra Bullock being a sexually harassing perception. So even if you look at it from just that angle of at what point would the average single guy go "uh no, I don't care how hot you are this is harassment."
    Last edited by hakujinbakasama; 2015-10-25 at 03:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not.

im not sure i understand where you are going with this. seems like a pointless question.

Quote Originally Posted by Bombercloner View Post
    Rape by a hotty is still rape.
    No one is debating or asking whether or not the crime is the crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope this gets locked. I mean, who in their right mind is going to admit that being "violently" raped by a stranger is ok because the attacker is good looking? Think about what that implies. And get this crap off the forums.

So Scarlet Johansson knocks me to the ground, gives me an erection--which I probably got before she attacked--and takes advantage of the situation?

Afterwards, I'd walk it off.

And every year I would send her a Christmas card.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    I feel this is like questioning a soldier with PTSD or some other form of trauma, if the bombings, killings and such were less stressful, if it had been super models doing it...

It is still an assault, and I highly doubt that the person's appearance will do much to that notion.
    Last edited by mmoccd6b5b3be4; 2015-10-25 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Let's also say that there was an initiation of a sexual assault on you in which from the initial physical attack and to some point in the sexual assault you were obstructed from any visualization of your attacker.
    I don't care if I'm being assaulted by Taylor Swift, Kat Dennings, and Riley Reid... that part alone makes this unquestionable rape.

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    I hope this gets locked. I mean, who in their right mind is going to admit that being "violently" raped by a stranger is ok because the attacker is good looking? Think about what that implies. And get this crap off the forums.
    I don't know.... that was the point. Most guys generally only fathom the concept from the angle of being attacked by another man. That's not the typical assault which a female faces. So if the rolls were reversed would men (being very general) be more likely to be effected by the appearance of the attacker? Again I'll point out, typically men are much more suggestive to visual appearance across the board than women. I highly doubt any woman would be in a situation such as this and go "Oh the guy looked like David Becam so I feel a little better about it."

What is this. I don't even.

Quote Originally Posted by shmee51 View Post
    I don't care if I'm being assaulted by Taylor Swift, Kat Dennings, and Riley Reid... that part alone makes this unquestionable rape.
    But the context and point isn't. There are lots of male rapist out there whom their victim probably would have been very attracted too in a normal setting. But women are not typically swayed by physical appearances in the same way as men. So hence the question.

Wait, so you don't know who is attacking you at first?
    That would be most upsetting. I don't think that violation changes afterwards if you lean that you would have liked them.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hakujinbakasama View Post
    Look at Horrible Bosses. Lot of guys were chuckling at the idea of Sandra Bullock being a sexually harassing perception. So even if you look at it from just that angle of at what point would the average single guy go "uh no, I don't care how hot you are this is harassment."
    Sandra Bullock was not even in Horrible Bosses. Did you mean Jennifer Aniston?
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Flatspriest View Post
    Sandra Bullock was not even in Horrible Bosses. Did you mean Jennifer Aniston?
    ah, yes yes, It's been years and I hated the first one, simply confused the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I think it would depend on the kind of 'sexual assault'.

If a woman grabbed my butt, my reaction would be different depending on her looks.
    But if I got drugged, knocked down violently, etc, I wouldn't care how she looks.

Am I understanding the thread correctly?
    Yes you are.

So your point of view would be purely based on the level of sexual harassment would be accepted on a ratio of attractiveness of the other party. But a full out assault, in your mind, would never be swayed or effected no matter the level of appearance of the assailant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So Scarlet Johansson knocks me to the ground, gives me an erection--which I probably got before she attacked--and takes advantage of the situation?

Afterwards, I'd walk it off.

And every year I would send her a Christmas card.
    I don't get the question either.
    My reaction would most likely be:
    "What the fuck are you doing? All you need to do is ask."

But I guess that's only from a male perspective.