Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Bethesda is the case of a video game company that does just enough things right as to pass off as a good game developer. Doesn't matter it fails at a lot of other things, they can still sell their shit.

Btw. Skyrim was phenomenal and it just boggles the mind how did they release the crap that is Fallout 4, one would assume any developer would learn from experience, not take one step forward and two steps back.

Deleted
    This thread made me laugh.

"I gave a company money, and now i shall prefusely write angrily about how i am really, really salty about giving them money!"

OT tho : Supply and Demand.

Do you need a lesson in how economy works, lol?

Quote Originally Posted by PvPHeroLulz View Post
    This thread made me laugh.

"I gave a company money, and now i shall prefusely write angrily about how i am really, really salty about giving them money!"

OT tho : Supply and Demand.

Do you need a lesson in how economy works, lol?
    Lol, never bought a single game from Bethesda aside from Oblivion and Skyrim. Skyrim was a buggy mess.
    An'u belore delen'na

Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    Well this is exactly what I fucking said

Fallout 4 season pass has gone up to 50 dollars, and now its suddenly okay to charge 120 dollars for a game
    When EA tried to do that, they're torn a new asshole.

Battlefront 3 was a step back from battlefront 2 yes
    But fallout 4 was also a step back from New vegas and Fallout 3.

Just goes to prove again that bethesda gets away with anything.

Oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    They've outlined everything you get and it remains at a reduced price until the beginning of March.

How is that shady or fucked up at all. That's.. pretty genuine and honest. They made a shitload of extra content for DLC. That costs money. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    You would be really upset when you see how many assets are taken from older games

Witcher, Mass Effect, Dragon Age, GTA, the list goes on.
    Yet developers like Blizzard are crucified whenever they do such.

Kinda shows the lining of bias baked into fanbases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Overmind View Post
    Lol, never bought a single game from Bethesda aside from Oblivion and Skyrim. Skyrim was a buggy mess.
    As buggy as it was, it built the foundation of something that a lot of other games could not.

Be that a mix of actual game mechanics, or sheer hype - it brought a great foundation to the world for modders and gamers.

I still don't get why you are so salty, tho

While I have no actually count, I think I've sunk well over a thousand(... maybe 2?) into the last few Elder Scrolls games. That's why I personally don't give a shit about anything they have done wrong.
    When work feels overwhelming, remember that you're going to die.

I have a feeling you simply dislike the RPG genre, Elder scrolls and Fallout are brilliant games. Bashing anything they have done (I'l let you have ESO though - Its aweful) while claiming to like the genre just isn't possible.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    I have a feeling you simply dislike the RPG genre, Elder scrolls and Fallout are brilliant games. Bashing anything they have done (I'l let you have ESO though - Its aweful) while claiming to like the genre just isn't possible.
    Actually, it is. Believe it or not, it's possible to like a genre without liking some of the most popular entries in it.

Defining the RPG genre strictly under the games Bethesda churns out is simply untrue. Games stray far from the formula Bethesda adopted and are still considered RPGs.

I think Fallout 4 was pretty awful, simply because every other Fallout game has been better. Fallout 4 is boring and the constant simplification of gameplay Bethesda has stuck with in their recent games only further kills any reason to play the game. I get it from their standpoint, simplifying aspects of the game means more players, more players means more money. It definitely works in regards to expanding an audience, but the games themselves grow dull relatively quickly. Base building was shallow and unrewarding (not just in regards to strengthening your character, but for reason to do it at all), factions were pathetic compared to similar games, and quests were practically non existent and further ruined by the dialogue.

I'm not saying Fallout 4 was a bad game on its own merits. I'd just rather play anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    To be fair, modern TES games and Modern (bethesda) fallout games aren't really best examples of RPG.

Fanboys. They don't realise how much shit Bethesda gives them. They literally release broken games knowing gamers will do their work for free.

When people list Skyrim as the king of RPGs I'm left dumbstruck.

Bethesda hasn't made an RPG since Oblivion.
    Last edited by pateuvasiliu; 2016-02-17 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Windowmaker View Post
    Bethesda is the case of a video game company that does just enough things right as to pass off as a good game developer. Doesn't matter it fails at a lot of other things, they can still sell their shit.

Btw. Skyrim was phenomenal and it just boggles the mind how did they release the crap that is Fallout 4, one would assume any developer would learn from experience, not take one step forward and two steps back.
    Skyrim has only been "phenomenal" because people have a newer release they need to shit on and compare to.
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Skyrim was the beginning of the end. Apart from graphics it has nothing over Oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Skyrim was the beginning of the end. Apart from graphics it has nothing over Oblivion.
    Agreed, but that's more due to modern interactive design taking a sharp turn toward low skill usability and removing decision fatigue rather than integrating iterative decision modifications into the choice process to alleviate the stress of decision fatigue. These things combined with multi-platform compatibility tend to decrease decision space in a way that really cuts into free-play.

It isn't really a problem with Bethesda exactly. But they could do much better.

1 dlc from bethesda will include more content thats prob in all of battlefronts first dlc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    1 dlc from bethesda will include more content thats prob in all of battlefronts first dlc.
    Well we already know that this is not the case not for one, but for two DLC that were announced.

Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    Got a chuckle out of the whole "Stolen lockpicking from Skyrim" line though.
    How is that funny though?

Quote Originally Posted by RampageBW1 View Post
    How is that funny though?
    Cus skyrim didnt invent lockpicking?

I am pretty sure the complaint is the method. FO4 and Skyrim Lockpicking mechanic are exactly the same. Oblivion's mechanic is different from Skyrim's. Morrowind's is different that Oblivion's.

Hence "stolen".

Have you not played either game? Your reading comprehension seems to have fallen through the cracks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekekz View Post
    Everyone hated BC, everyone hated Wrath, everyone hated Cata and everyone will hate MoP. MoP will become the new worst expansion and Al'akir or BoT will become the new "last good raid" or something stupid like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelliak View Post
    You're now blocked. Told you I was done with you. You want to pick fights over minute details as if this is the fucking presidential debate on a gaming forum.
    Enjoy.