Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I kinda agree. Tracer has a higher potential and skill cap than other heroes, and I can totally see her being a menace in high mmr matches. Especially high mmr pugs. But it is a bit too early to call things op as people are still figuring out things.

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    Play on PC with the big boys, problem solved.
    ^^^What He Said^^^

Heroes that I consider unbalanced, both from in-game experience (I play mostly in a 6 stack) and from watching competitive games:

Widowmaker and McCree are kind of obvious and everyone knows, so there's no reason to really elaborate here.

Reinhardt is arguably too good? I'm not sure, I feel there's just not that many answers to him and his barrier demands too much respect, very little reason not pick him on many maps, he'd be less dominant if there was an offense hero that actually deals with him consistently.

Lucio and Mercy are obviously too good too but I have zero idea on how they would need to be changed to be less dominant, even if you reduce their numbers they'll still do the same thing and still be desired, I cannot think of any map where you would not want Lucio + Mercy, and you always want one, I was actually amazed to see how they almost have a 100% pick rate in multiple tournaments now, but again, no idea how to fix without making them garbage.

Would love to hear what you guys think.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    Go Mei and never worry about a Tracer ever again
    Exactly. Mei counters all the fast heroes.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Deleted
    tbh i think widowmaker shouldn't have her assualt rifle, part of the issue i have with her, is even if you get close, shes still can just gun you down with her automatic gun.

Deleted
    Mei is easy to handle. You just need to be more aware when going into small spaces.

Tracer is not OP, found some good counters for her depending on maps. If it's a wide open one, Pharah or Winston is amazing against her, you just need to be aware and figure out where her rewind is taking her. Too many times I just place a rocket or jump right to where she's going and melt her. Long corridors, using Mei to block her retreat from a rewind is hilarious. Luring a greedy one into a room of sentries on Symettra is also hilarious. Now there are maps that she is amazing at with right corridors to escape behind and other factors, but adjust your character accordingly and she's not an issue. Still annoying and amazing to watch in a really skilled players hands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Szekely View Post
    Mei is easy to handle. You just need to be more aware when going into small spaces.
    Mei's pretty simple again with certain people. Pharah's knockback and rocket jump escape, symettra's sentries, Reaper's void form. But yeah, like you said, be aware, and don't be afraid to run away to set up elsewhere. I see a lot of people just charge in after her to be stomped by her freeze gun after she range snipes them a bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Then how have I done it? Perhaps a shuriken throw cancels the E mode, but I've thrown a shuriken right after the deflect several times.

Or maybe I've got m4d sk1llz. Or hax.
    If you've done it then it must cancel it, but I know for a fact that you can't have reflect up and throw shurikens at the same time. And are you really gonna try to outdps a character that has more health that you and the highest DPS in the game in Turret mode?

Genji counters Bastion somewhat, but much like how people will learn to play around Bastion, Bastions will learn to kill Genji's. In order to kill a Bastion, a Genji has to put himself into harm's way. Bastion's real counters are Widowmaker and Pharah because they can harass Bastion with little to no recourse if they know what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    If you've done it then it must cancel it, but I know for a fact that you can't have reflect up and throw shurikens at the same time. And are you really gonna try to outdps a character that has more health that you and the highest DPS in the game in Turret mode?

Genji counters Bastion somewhat, but much like how people will learn to play around Bastion, Bastions will learn to kill Genji's. In order to kill a Bastion, a Genji has to put himself into harm's way. Bastion's real counters are Widowmaker and Pharah because they can harass Bastion with little to no recourse if they know what they're doing.
    Most placements are also easily attacked by a good Junkrat that knows how to bounce their grenades like captain America's shield.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    tbh i think widowmaker shouldn't have her assualt rifle, part of the issue i have with her, is even if you get close, shes still can just gun you down with her automatic gun.
    She needs to have something though, otherwise you need to give her full movement speed while aiming or let her blind shot without aiming, which would make her more dangerous as her assault rifle isn't really that dangerous. It's mainly in place to help out finishing a Genji that runs up on her or a little pressure up close.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdeii View Post
    Tracer is relatively easy to counter. Imo Mei is annoying as shit compared to all the others

- - - Updated - - -

I'm pretty sure it was higher in beta, but everyone QQ'd it was too OP
    It was 50, but deemed too strong by Blizzard because she had too high of a win rate.

Mei is definitely annoying, but I wouldn't say OP. It's just really frustrating to die to her, due to the slow/freeze.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Peligrad View Post
    Tracer hard counters Mei. All competitive players know this. Bad Tracers won't hit enough to deal enough damage to Mei between her CDs, good Tracers will all while staying at Mei's medium distance where neither of her primary weapon fires are very effective.

Pharah is utterly ineffective on certain maps/terrains. Yes she edges out Tracer in certain other terrains which is why good offense players never stick to just one character. But Pharah has a solid list of counters of her own even when she has a favorable terrain.
    Only thing I've had trouble with as Pharah is Widow and Soldier 76.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    As annoying as I also find Tracer, I find Pharras, McCrees and Meis of similar skill tiers to be far more irritating overall. Though I guess I can also plug my general irritation with good Snipers and a well guarded Bastion or Torbjorn in here, but if one of those is messing up your whole team regularly then your team is just asking for it.
    Last edited by Xyonai; 2016-05-28 at 06:10 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Mei and Bastion are the most broken ones, everyone else has a hard counter.

For tracer: Junkrat is your friend

For genji: Widowmaker is your friend

However, Bastion with Reinhardt is near unstoppable, however he can at least be stopped with a well played genji counter, where as Mei on the other hand may be harder to play for noobies, but a compitent mei can actually "be" unstoppable.

Mei is the most broken char period, on account she can literally wall off areas of the map unlike anyone else in the game, and unlike Macree's stun, her freeze is "alot" worse.

Her Q literally dominates the enemy team because it actually cannot be countered if triggered right except for maybe a genji/tracer moving "Just" in time.

And her self heal immunity is even "more" broken as shit than Bastions, with its surpisingly short CD and the ability to prematurley break it to move away and continue fighting.

Bastion is hard to counter but not impossible, but Mei, a compitent Mei player is "literally" impossible, with a good mix of range (rmb) and melee (lmb) attacks.
    Mei is utterly devastated by Mcree.

have a good junkrat who know the good flank route and apply trap and safeguard it. With how fast tracer goes they usually don't bother to look for trap and get caught easy.

Deleted
    Didn't read everything up until now so I wont pretend to have ;

Tracer is all about movement, she will hit weak-ish, has a larger than normal bullet spread but the speed she moves at makes up for that. She can move around you and rip you to bits if you're playing something slow, like Reinhardt maybe.. Unless said Reinhardt has his Ult up, it makes her and most others easy to deal with..
    Anyway, back on topic ; everything has a counter, as does Tracer - D.Va can deal with her pretty well due to armor, Defence Matrix and a bit of pace (Boosters), Roadhog's Chain makes short work of her unless the player has very fast responses, I'm pretty sure Winston can deal with her easy too although I've not played Winston a lot but have ran into problems with him when playing Tracer.. His Barrier Shield is a big aid to him against Tracer.

Tracer OP? LoL. More like mccree

Quote Originally Posted by Relis View Post
    Didn't read everything up until now so I wont pretend to have ;

Tracer is all about movement, she will hit weak-ish, has a larger than normal bullet spread but the speed she moves at makes up for that. She can move around you and rip you to bits if you're playing something slow, like Reinhardt maybe.. Unless said Reinhardt has his Ult up, it makes her and most others easy to deal with..
    Anyway, back on topic ; everything has a counter, as does Tracer - D.Va can deal with her pretty well due to armor, Defence Matrix and a bit of pace (Boosters), Roadhog's Chain makes short work of her unless the player has very fast responses, I'm pretty sure Winston can deal with her easy too although I've not played Winston a lot but have ran into problems with him when playing Tracer.. His Barrier Shield is a big aid to him against Tracer.
    Winston's really good against Tracer on certain maps, okay on others. If you k ow where she came from, save your jump, hit her enough for the rewind, when you see her do it use Winston's "SHIFT" jump to where Tracer is going to be and just drop her. Just what I've found out playing. I've done it against food tracers and bad, and it's really funny when it's a bad/learning Tracer because I pick on them a lot with Winston on good maps, and even when someone is good with her he can apply enough pressure to keep her away from spots. But tight corridor maps where you shouldn't even play Winston, find another counter to her, like Junkrat or even a Tor turret, as it will usually win against her as long as you are close by to heal it up between her pokes.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    Mei and Bastion are the most broken ones, everyone else has a hard counter.

For tracer: Junkrat is your friend

For genji: Widowmaker is your friend

However, Bastion with Reinhardt is near unstoppable, however he can at least be stopped with a well played genji counter, where as Mei on the other hand may be harder to play for noobies, but a compitent mei can actually "be" unstoppable.

Mei is the most broken char period, on account she can literally wall off areas of the map unlike anyone else in the game, and unlike Macree's stun, her freeze is "alot" worse.

Her Q literally dominates the enemy team because it actually cannot be countered if triggered right except for maybe a genji/tracer moving "Just" in time.

And her self heal immunity is even "more" broken as shit than Bastions, with its surpisingly short CD and the ability to prematurley break it to move away and continue fighting.

Bastion is hard to counter but not impossible, but Mei, a compitent Mei player is "literally" impossible, with a good mix of range (rmb) and melee (lmb) attacks.
    If you could break Mei's retarded Ice Block, I'd find her less of a cancer than I do now. Keep it at a high enough HP chunk so one guy can't break it but a team can.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    If you could break Mei's retarded Ice Block, I'd find her less of a cancer than I do now. Keep it at a high enough HP chunk so one guy can't break it but a team can.

or just make it so it doesn't heal her while she is blocked that annoys me, i think its going to be an easy kill after shes used her block, nope shes got back a big chunk of her life
    i like the idea of making it breakable though.

Dont know about anyone else but im so fucking digging D.VA.
    That bitch owns when you play her right.
    Tank, blow up mech, instant mech tank and so on and so on.
    Fun class loving it.