Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Forsaken relationships.

Hello !

Before I start, I'd like to apologize for my bad english, it is not my first langage and I'm here only for knowledge !

I've been roleplaying for a while an ex-scarlet crusader that joined the Alliance some years ago, but still holds it's ideals, and I'm constantly interacting with other players about the Lordaeron Case.

The thing is that with humans, it's easier to debate about the matter, but i've been encountering some hardships convincing the other races.

So I'm here needing your help, why would a Draenei, a night elf, a dwarf, a gnome, a pandaren and all the other races take arms againt the Forsaken ? What arguments could my character use ?

For exemple, I can talk about Dun Garok with the Dwarves, but it's still a bit weak.

Ps: The topic is not about scarlet RP or if declaring war against the Forsaken is possible, it's just about arguments for more interaction.

Thank you for reading, and sorry again for the grammar !

First and foremost because they are allies. The second thing is their perception of the Forsaken is one of walking corpses that were initially the Lich King's tools of terror, that now spread plague, permanently occupy former Alliance territory and raise the humans they kill into undead(allies of all the above named races), which is unacceptable to them from a religious and phylosophical standpoint. Its against nature and against what the Light stands for, which is deeply embedded into Alliance phylosophy.

The Horde comes to the aid of the Forsaken because they are allied too and because they defend their interests by defending the Forsaken. The Alliance races are doing the same, but its a much more "private" matter for some of the Alliance races. For the Alliance its also a matter of ethics and revenge. For the Horde it is more about "geopolitics" and having a foothold in the Eastern Kingdoms. For the Forsaken and their leader specifically, it is pure survival.

For example, if you roleplay a NE druid, you can clearly interest yourself into healing the land affected by the plague. If you're a draenei priest or paladin, you can clearly interest yourself into cleansing the land of the undead, which are essentially a creation of the Burning Legion which was meant to prepare Azeroth for Archimonde's arrival. If you roleplay a worgen, well, the answer should be pretty obvious.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2016-06-13 at 03:49 AM.

Q: How would you convince Night Elves to take up the cause of saving Lordaeron from the Forsaken?
    A: Point out that Forsaken are an abomination outside the circle of life. They cannot be druids. They plague and poison the land. Lordaeron must be saved so that this plague does not spread.

Q: How about draenei?
    A: Point out that the Forsaken are a product of Ner'zhul, an enemy of the Draenei.

Q: How about dwarves and gnomes?
    A: Just try to sell them on the idea that Lordaeron is truly Alliance territory.

Q: How about pandaren?
    A: That's tough because pandaren can go horde or alliance. Maybe stoke fears that Sylvanas will be another Garrosh. Pandaren understand how Garrosh went mad.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Blizzard often neglects giving races reasons to hate each other beyond "orcs/humans don't like them."

The thing with being in an alliance is some races have hatreds that go beyond the pale and i dont want to spoil things but the worgen and the forsaken will have a hatred that will probably never be sated unless one or the other leaders die.

Ive said this before but the alliance really has no business with the northern kingdoms now its just a huge plague ridden, rotting shithole but because of broken pride they think its worth trying to take back even though all they will win back is just rotten ground and piles of rubble.

The way azeroth is now there should be a equilibrium with the races. I mean the orcs, trolls and Tauren have carved themselves a nice bit of land, Ashenvale shouldve been shorted out by now so the nelfs shouldnt have a beef, The Draenai dont seem to bother anyone. The Forsaken have made it clear leave them alone and they will leave you alone and the belfs are happy they got the sunwell back. As for the humans there isnt enough of them to want to go and reclaim old glories and the gnomes and the dwarfs only care about there own little lands to bother anyone with aims of conquest.

Only the worgen have a beef with the horde cause they want there homeland back but the forsaken cant risk having a major ally city right next to theres so that is always gonna be the flash point.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Hello, i see you are trying to sparkle a racial hatred and i will gladly assist you here:
    - First your character needs to speak fast and loud.
    - Use alot of gesticulation. A body language is great for delivering simple messages.
    - Use terms like "Our great nation", "They are like rats". "Great again"
    - Wear proper attire. An armband with logo of scarlet crusade/lordaeron paired with long white cloak and white hood will be perfect.
    - Burn some crosses.
    - Hang some people on trees (scarlet crusade already does that)
    - Call everyone who disagrees with you a traitor.
    - Make sure to let everyone know that you are right and those with diffrent beliefs are wrong.
    - Listen to a MoonMan songs in public.
    - Use alot of strawmen and blame shifting.

I really hope that this will help.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Hello, i see you are trying to sparkle a racial hatred and i will gladly assist you here:
    - Use alot of gesticulation. A body language is great for delivering simple messages.
    - Wear proper attire. An armband with logo of scarlet crusade/lordaeron paired with long white cloak and white hood will be perfect.
    - Burn some crosses.
    - Make sure to let everyone know that you are right and those with diffrent beliefs are wrong.

I'm sorry for off-topic, but that was funny. x)

OT:
    Say that they're dangerous and without regulations they're going to spread their plague all across the Azeroth.

Thank you all for your answers !

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    - Burn some crosses.

This was really really funny actually ! We shall build a wall, and make the forsaken pay for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Draenei might take arms against the Forsaken because they are a product of Shadow magic, living examples of the antithesis of the Light - and of course out of camaraderie for their allies such as the Human kingdoms of Stormwind and Gilneas. You could also easily sell the idea that the Forsaken are no different from the Scourge before them, something with strong emotional push for any Alliance race (and most of the Horde). Dwarves and Gnomes would probably be easiest to tie in on the allied concept - anyone directly involved with the Northrend campaign could probably be swayed to cast a jaundiced eye on the Forsaken. Just start talking about the Wrath Gate incident and the invasion of Undercity and you'll get knowing and possibly approving nods.

Pandaren would be the most difficult to convince, but you could probably sell the Tushui on the idea of the Forsaken being outside the balance of their philosophy - an error in the universe's fabric that cannot be equalized but can only be excised with diligence. Try to sell the idea that their deaths are a thing borne out of compassion for life, even if it means the Forsaken's destruction; that for life to thrive and continue the products of Scourge and Necromancy must be dealt with harshly.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Draenei might take arms against the Forsaken because they are a product of Shadow magic, living examples of the antithesis of the Light
    Auchenai.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Auchenai.
    Not sure of the context you mean here, but the Auchenai were originally tasked with caring for the Draenei dead and tending to the care of the darkened Naaru in their halls. The Auchenai only became corrupted necromancers with the fall of Draenor - and the remaining bulk of the Draenei turned against them and destroyed their leaders because of it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    The current alliance has no claims to lordaeron, because that's never how kingdoms worked, and the sovereign prince withdrew them from the alliance, and then destroyed the country.

Basically the humans for whatever reason feel like they deserve lordaeron, and that's why they fight. As far as other races I have never seen anything but worgens/dwarves and humans. I'm sure the rest of the alliance realizes how much of a waste of time it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    About the Dwarves and Gnomes.

You can say you were a part of Garithos' forces, having to deal with his bossing around just to be "betrayed" by Sylvanas later and then pushed out again.

Thank you again for yours tips, I'd like to have as many opinions as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    The current alliance has no claims to lordaeron, because that's never how kingdoms worked, and the sovereign prince withdrew them from the alliance, and then destroyed the country.

Basically the humans for whatever reason feel like they deserve lordaeron, and that's why they fight. As far as other races I have never seen anything but worgens/dwarves and humans. I'm sure the rest of the alliance realizes how much of a waste of time it is.
    I can't say that you're wrong, but that is the very essence of the way I play my character. Knowing it is a lost cause, he will be trying to have the best case possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Not sure of the context you mean here, but the Auchenai were originally tasked with caring for the Draenei dead and tending to the care of the darkened Naaru in their halls. The Auchenai only became corrupted necromancers with the fall of Draenor - and the remaining bulk of the Draenei turned against them and destroyed their leaders because of it.
    They used shadow magic in WoD. The non-evil ones. Tuulani is even classified as a shadow priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Madeupname999 View Post
    Only the worgen have a beef with the horde cause they want there homeland back but the forsaken cant risk having a major ally city right next to theres so that is always gonna be the flash point.
    Gilneas wasn't part of the Alliance untill it got attacked by the Forsaken.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    They used shadow magic in WoD. The non-evil ones. Tuulani is even classified as a shadow priest.
    Still, the Draenei as a whole are oriented to the Light, and the products of Necromancy are not generally seen in a favorable light. When the Auchenai resorted to true Necromancy to raise the undead in Auchindoun it was viewed as heresy (in Beyond the Dark Portal). Tuulani, despite being classified as a Shadow Priest, is a strong follower of the Light and its tenets and treats the dead of Auchindoun with reverence and respect, seeing them raised as undead would probably sicken and horrify her.

Well, there was some Forsaken activity in Ashenvale during vanilla, but that's kinda old by now.

Plus they accepted Scryers, Blood Knights and in Legion will cooperate with Illidari. I'd say Draenei are rather forgiving bunch and don't care all that much about Forsaken's status. Pointing out their wrong-doing may be the better way to go, but is going to convince only the more radical bunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post

I don't disagree with you, the Alliance has no claim to Lordaeron because Lordaeron was its own kingdom, not property of the alliance as a whole. The only ones who could try to make an argument would be whatever living are from Lordaeron that aren't dead or undead yet, but even then they have no feasible way to actually reclaim it anyway. But when did Arthas withdraw from the Alliance, and how could he do that himself when his father was still on the throne?

Deleted
    Night elves - since night elves are so close to nature and undeath is the opposite of nature, they hate it. It was once asked how do they see night elf death knights, mostly with disgust. Also, in Classic WoW there were these Burrowed Dens in Eastern Ashenvale where the forsaken were conducting plague experiments. They did it on sleeping druids.

Worgen - well, since the forsaken invaded their kingdom, it's quite easy for them to take arms against the forsaken.

Dwarves - you know that dwarves sent the Stormpike expedition in Alterac where they battled with the Frostwolves from Classic to Cataclysm. Before the Cataclysm they made peace with them and left (so essentially Alterac belongs to the Frostwolves now). When they did that, they were attacked by forsaken and orc troops. There's also Dun Garok, yes. But then there's also the fact that the Wildhammer have a stronghold at Aerie peak, and the forsaken have been slowly expanding to the point where Aerie Peak is slowly becoming surrounded. And they can't claim that the forsaken won't attack nations that don't attack them after Gilneas and Stromgarde. The Wildhammers will want to be ready.

Gnomes - no clue. In fact, I don't have a clue why gnomes would fight anyone besides goblins. Maybe that some of the leper gnomes joined the forsaken?

Draenei - let's be honest, if forsaken would kill 90% of the draenei and then extended an olive branch, the draenei would take it. In the end, they're almost neutral.

Pandaren - I still don't understand why pandaren joined the factions if they consider even fights amongst their 2 factions as friendly training.