Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    Look at their health as it indicates equipped gear. For healers and dps, if they are below 3m health, kick them. I'm not sure what tank hp is supposed to be at so you'll have to armory them.
    lol. Haven't done a guild run in over 2 years, I'm only pugging, hc raids, m+ up to 17, and I can tell you that judging healers (and dps actually as well) by hp, is the dumbest thing current WoW generation does. Sure, higher hp will mean higher traits and equipped ilvl, but that still doesn't mean shit. Especially in healers case. Majority of content don't require too much gear, just some coordination and half a brain, which, funnily enough, lower geared players bring more often than higher geared ppl, who think that gear will carry them. Sure, there are exceptions, but as I said, judging ppl based on HP is THE dumbest thing you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    WoWprogress seems blatantly wrong though with their stats, for example for me it says 15+ completed in time 2, while i have atleast 10 15+ completed in time, probably alot more, as i helped quite some guildies get their achies.
    Yeah it's got my 15+ completed in time as 22 when there's been times I've done that many in a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    I'm tired of having my high keys (10+) depleted because of incompetence. I get a group of 890+ with the achievement (which I verify on their armory pages), and then really stupid stuff happens anyway.

People pulling only 130k dps on bosses, tanks dying 4 times in one pull, etc.

It's frustrating because there's not much more I can be doing as a dps to salvage these runs. I pull high numbers and do the mechanics. I can't tank the boss on a +12 when the 900+ pug tank can't handle it.

What do you do to find good groups for high keys?
    I don't validate anything achi wise, if they have the sufficient ilvl, and are pleasant enough in chat - Yes I chat to them before an invite - I invite them, I'be only had one high stone fail, so far, so I'm pretty happy with how I do it,

Alternative to that, if I'm short on time and have NL, COS, MOS, DHT or EOE I use a guild boost group just to get it done.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Korban View Post
    Implying that 880 is not enough for +10

LUL
    880 in group finder is generally 875 equip if not lower. My organized guild group did them much earlier than that, but this is a pug, and people are often really dumb, so I only invite people who over gear it because it's safer.

I also enjoy how you clipped the part about the fake achievement. I don't care what your ilvl is, I'll deny anyone trying to cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    lol. Haven't done a guild run in over 2 years, I'm only pugging, hc raids, m+ up to 17, and I can tell you that judging healers (and dps actually as well) by hp, is the dumbest thing current WoW generation does. Sure, higher hp will mean higher traits and equipped ilvl, but that still doesn't mean shit. Especially in healers case. Majority of content don't require too much gear, just some coordination and half a brain, which, funnily enough, lower geared players bring more often than higher geared ppl, who think that gear will carry them. Sure, there are exceptions, but as I said, judging ppl based on HP is THE dumbest thing you can do.
    You haven't said what you would do to screen pugs, so I assume you don't. THAT is THE dumbest thing you can do.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    I'm tired of having my high keys (10+) depleted because of incompetence. I get a group of 890+ with the achievement (which I verify on their armory pages), and then really stupid stuff happens anyway.
    Tip 1: Achievements don't matter (much). As someone who does +15 carries, I can confirm that there are plenty of people who should not be pugging this content with the achieve.

Tip 2: ilvl alone is hard to judge. I have 892 on an alt that has some low pieces, crappy trinkets, and only 40 traits. You should have a general idea of what is good right now, trinket wise at least.

Tip 3: Be thorough and use what @HeroicMythic said.

I've seen a +19 pug that was completed in time with no voice. Pugging is possible, even easy, if you can manage to get the right group. Don't let the anti-pug people persuade you.

Retired Shaman
    Signature by Winter Blossom

Be mindful of composition too. Double Boomkin Shadow Priest may all be individually good and geared players, but there is little CC interaction there.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bear in mind that wowprogress is currently randomly resetting people's mythic+ score for unknown reasons.

Warcraftlogs. End of story

I dont screen. m+ is faceroll anyways so I just inv highest ilvl that are not obnoxious DHs and usually it works fine

Quote Originally Posted by dawawe View Post
    It doesn't show m+ score, so it might as well not exist for 16 or higher m+ difficulty.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Yeap. Judging tanks on health is even worse than judging healers/DPS by health, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seditian View Post
    It doesn't show m+ score, so it might as well not exist for 16 or higher m+ difficulty.

Yeap. Judging tanks on health is even worse than judging healers/DPS by health, though.
    Most people Pugging are just trying to get their weekly done so the Wowprogress M+ score is moot. Sure you can go look it up but chances are people with high enough scores arent pugging them. The only people pushing for +16 times are guild grps

Quote Originally Posted by Monzsterr View Post
    Most of my keys end up going unused unless it's a more favourable key than a guild mate has when doing guild runs. But I pug often enough and in those cases I tend to join groups rather than build them simply because I hate the pressure. I'm a raid leader, but I just can't stand to build a pug group. So I apply and hope for the best. It usually works ok because I can tank or dps and have 914 in bag to invites are pretty easy. I probably disappoint some with my tanking as it's an offspec with only 36 artifact traits, but a 905+ mythic 15 is usually a pretty sure thing. I don't think I've ever been the week link to fail a timer.

There is this magic spot you can find by being ahead of the gear curve.
    I recall heroic Archimonde pugs for example. In late august of that year pugs needed ilevel 710 and the achieve and you'd get invited and 3-4 wipes later get the boss down. By November the requirements were 725+ achieve and 850+ring. You'd wipe six times in row and watch the top dps leave after the 2 second or third attempt and then the group would fall apart. high gear score can for a short time be an indicator of skill as it shows early progression but eventually it means less and less. Right now I wouldn't equare skill with in bag ilevel for anything under 912 or so, over that I'd assume at least some higher level raiding and regular 15+ clears, so unless you're in the that 910+ club, yeah, gear score doesn't mean much for skill and logs are about the only thing you can use to measure people. And so I leave that to some other nerd to figure out and just pug into groups asking for stupid high ilevels because I have that luxury to do so.
    This is pretty much my situation...903 ilvl 914 in bags....I am just dps on my BM hunter but joining groups is usually way easier to get my 15 done. Lately I have just been doing Eye 15 or higher ever week because its an easy as shit dungeon and only the last boss is somewhat challegening at all.

People might want to do Maw since its shorter but I have seen so many people fail last boss hard

If all you want to do is get your 15 done...just join a group that has high ilvl requirement

I guess if you are looking to 3 chest....you might be more picky...I personaly dont GAF about 3 chesting
    Last edited by Nubulous; 2017-03-19 at 01:22 AM.

Use warcraftlogs and cheack theirs parses. Keystone master achiv is totally irrelevant couse most of the people that have that achiv bougth it or got boosted anyway.

M+ are easily puggable, even very high ones (~20+) , u just need some good shit detection abilities.
    Last edited by Halobob87; 2017-03-19 at 12:24 PM.

warcraft logs always. Overgeared 50% steady. low geared 80%+. High m+ 90+. can't go wrong.

In my experience pugging high mythic+ keys is entirely possible, even enjoyable. I find it fun to run with different players each time, you get to meet some very talented players that way.

Earlier today I did a +17 CoS, got a DH, 905ilvl, BiS legendaries, 1550 M+ score, 54 traits. Thought awesome, looks good. Picked him up, trash. 400k boss dps. Complete noob, died to everything.

After, went to his warcraft logs, it was all green/blue parses. I regretted not checking beforehand, because it's an excellent way to see if who you're about to invite, is good or not.

I'd highly recommend checking Ilvl/M+Score/Legendaries(If pushing high)/Traits(very important one, they need to be 54 so you know they've done alot)/+15s done in time/highest done M+/WARCRAFT LOGS PARSES! SUPER IMPORTANT.

That's just Wowprogging them and warcraft logs.

You can definitely pug all levels of keys, I pugged a +15key and we built it to a +19 CoS, which we missed the timer on by 3seconds because of an unfortunate death. But still excellent group.

I only pug 15s because idc about anything else. I also don't give a shit about my key. I don't care if the run is depleted or not because doing a 15 once a week is all that matters.

If I were to lead a 15 (which I have never done), I'd just ask them for Keystone Master or something relevant; you can't really get 'carried' on a +15 for timer unless the other 4 people are like so stupidly good.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    By asking in guild "hey who wants to do M+"
    That kills the guild chat immediately. No one wants to do M+.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

I never do a 10+ with pugs. Always guildies or players from other guilds that I know.