Anyone know where the gathering quests start for SB? its been so long since i capped to 60 in HW i dont remember.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going for Plot 30! Think it was that one...
    Last edited by Remilia; 2017-06-24 at 09:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I'm going for Plot 30!
    Hehe, yeah - planning to get one 30 for FC. The rock I linked earlier is next to it as well.

Also noticed quite a bit of movement at my plot 8, there was people from 3 different German FC's and couple other FC's stomping the yard while I was valiantly trying to drive them off.

Personally I don't see Shirogane selling out on day 1 here on Omega. Hell other 3 wards still have houses and it's been a week pretty much since Omega opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Since instance server is doing w/e it is doing at the moment, decided to spent some time exploring Stormblood areas and found my new AFK rock.

On another note, think I'll aim to get plot 8 in Shirogane once it's open and transfers allowed.

I really want the plot on the beach. Sadly I don't have 3mil
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    And look at that argument from the other side. Is it okay for 3 other players to be held hostage by a shitty player? What if those 3 players get frustrated at always getting placed with a 4th person that cannot handle even basic functions of their class. Those 3 people might get fed up and quit.

Don't forget that a longer fight increases the chances of wipes because there are more mechanics being seen on an attempt. More stress on the healer for sure.

It is complete bullshit for you to blame the good players for having to put up with bad players. I have ZERO problem with a player that isn't very good trying his hardest and willing to take some advice. But if a person wants to play like shit, continue to be shit and never aspires to be better than shit. Fuck that.
    Held hostage? Seriously? If you feel that miserable playing the game at any point, it's time to reevaluate things. We both know a good player that enjoys the game ist quiting because of the occasional bad player. I've never heard someone say " I really loved the game, but man, but I had to quit because a dragoon the other night was only doing 1200 dps." On the other hand I have heard of people, many fiends I know, that have said they can't play mmos because so many people are eltist ass holes.

I'm well aware of how fights work. I play a healer most of the time in dungeons. I've never been in a situation where a fight was to long. I have been in groups that can't do mechanics, and when I see that a group isn't learning a fight, I leave. I'm not going to kick anyone. I'm not a judge. It's not my place to be barring people from content.

I'm tired of seeing people get treated like shit in these games. I'm tired of hearing more friends leave mmos because they can't stand the other players. I want these games to be more open to more players, not less.

Quote Originally Posted by Resiak1066 View Post
    The fact that you said they either get better or quit, is the reason we don't have a damage meter in FF14. Why would a company provide a tool that lets players judge each other, possibly grief each other, and push players away from the game. They dont want people quitting.

Was the samurai causing wipes? Or just a slower run? If it was evident you couldn't complete the dungeon with that person in your party, I could sympathize. If you just didn't want the run to take 10 minutes longer, well, frankly your the one that is having the issue then, and it's on you to own that and eat the penalty.

WoW is the only mmo i know of and played that had damage meters in game. All of these other games played just fine without them. The only people that ever seemed to care are exwow players. And even then, only a portion of them. I just don't see the point of constantly arguing about something even the devs have said they dont want in their game.
    I can tell you without a doubt that if I never played WoW I'd still be a damage whore because reality is good players makes for a better gaming experience for me personally. I want to down content quickly at a rapid pace without playing with awful players who don't put in the same effort as me. It's just unfortunate that roulettes exist in such a system where the good players get stuck with the bad. Also, I'm fine with people being casual and not caring about their numbers. But I also think it's silly that they are put within the same pool as those that actually give a shit. But meh, it's something we more serious minded people will always have to deal with. It is what it is and won't ever change.

Held hostage? Seriously? If you feel that miserable playing the game at any point, it's time to reevaluate things. We both know a good player that enjoys the game ist quiting because of the occasional bad player. I've never heard someone say " I really loved the game, but man, but I had to quit because a dragoon the other night was only doing 1200 dps." On the other hand I have heard of people, many fiends I know, that have said they can't play mmos because so many people are eltist ass holes.

I'm well aware of how fights work. I play a healer most of the time in dungeons. I've never been in a situation where a fight was to long. I have been in groups that can't do mechanics, and when I see that a group isn't learning a fight, I leave. I'm not going to kick anyone. I'm not a judge. It's not my place to be barring people from content.

I'm tired of seeing people get treated like shit in these games. I'm tired of hearing more friends leave mmos because they can't stand the other players. I want these games to be more open to more players, not less.
    Saying a Dragoon doing 1200 DPS is bad is elitist? If ANY dps is doing 1200 at 70 then that is terrible. It's not elitist at all.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...s_and_ranking/

That thread if you scroll down has the minimum requirements to beat the SSS Susano EX Dummy. DRG is listed at 3400. If I saw a DRG doing 1200 on Susano EX they would be out of the party. Period. That is not elitism. They are underperforming the minimum requirement by over half of it.

Also if I'm in a group of 8 and 1 person is failing the mechanics and the rest of the 7 are executing them well then I will look to that 1 person and ask them why. Again that's not elitist. I'll happily help the 1 guy at first and if they continue to mess up then I will replace.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-24 at 10:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Saying a Dragoon doing 1200 DPS is bad is elitist? If ANY dps is doing 1200 at 70 then that is terrible. It's not elitist at all.

Also if I'm in a group of 8 and 1 person is failing the mechanics and the rest of the 7 are executing them well then I will look to that 1 person and ask them why. Again that's not elitist.
    I even think my MCH doing auto shoot and turret alone is 1200 dps

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    I even think my MCH doing auto shoot and turret alone is 1200 dps

SSS Values for each job. Sorry btw Prej

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Anyone know where the gathering quests start for SB? its been so long since i capped to 60 in HW i dont remember.
    They start back at their original locations. So Limsa for Fisher, Gridania for Botanist and Ul'dah for Miner.

The fact that you said they either get better or quit

Was the samurai causing wipes? Or just a slower run? If it was evident you couldn't complete the dungeon with that person in your party, I could sympathize. If you just didn't want the run to take 10 minutes longer, well, frankly your the one that is having the issue then, and it's on you to own that and eat the penalty.
    I agree 100% with everything you said, except WTF did you have to start the dps meter thing again?

Are we playing the 'put words into my mouth' game? I wasn't aware. Did I say I was miserable playing the game? No. I DO know that people will get frustrated with a constant stream of poor players making dungeons take longer, causing wipes and so on. If you think people won't leave over something like that you are naive as all hell.

As I said before, which you oh so gracefully decided to ignore, was that I don't MIND low damage people if they are willing to work to improve. If they cause a wipe and learn from it that's fine with me, it means they are progressing. If they refuse to get better then that is on them and I shouldn't be forced to leave a dungeon because they suck out loud.

Are we playing the 'put words into my mouth' game? I wasn't aware. Did I say I was miserable playing the game? No. I DO know that people will get frustrated with a constant stream of poor players making dungeons take longer, causing wipes and so on. If you think people won't leave over something like that you are naive as all hell.

As I said before, which you oh so gracefully decided to ignore, was that I don't MIND low damage people if they are willing to work to improve. If they cause a wipe and learn from it that's fine with me, it means they are progressing. If they refuse to get better then that is on them and I shouldn't be forced to leave a dungeon because they suck out loud.
    This. If people are doing low dps or consistently dying I will gladly help them. If they continue to be a hindrance however then I will replace them.

But if I'm in a farm party for Lakshmi for example I expect people to be doing their best. Especially when Lakshmi IS a dps check. So if someone was doing 1200 in a Lakshmi farm group they would get a chance to improve and if they did not they would be out on their ear. Not elitism at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kakera View Post
    I can tell you without a doubt that if I never played WoW I'd still be a damage whore because reality is good players makes for a better gaming experience for me personally. I want to down content quickly at a rapid pace without playing with awful players who don't put in the same effort as me. It's just unfortunate that roulettes exist in such a system where the good players get stuck with the bad. Also, I'm fine with people being casual and not caring about their numbers. But I also think it's silly that they are put within the same pool as those that actually give a shit. But meh, it's something we more serious minded people will always have to deal with. It is what it is and won't ever change.
    I'm not saying hardcore players need to go. I used to be like you. I used to raid hardcore in EQ, then in WoW. But people such as yourself need to be aware, your a small portion of the player base. The casual player base is their money maker, and what funds these games.

Also, your mentality about the roulettes goes against the point of why they exist. Yoshida wants to keep the old content relevant so that people that are trying to level and do those dungeons can still get groups. The entire point is to incentivise people to do that content to help out people that arn't at end game yet. Splitting out the more skilled players goes against his goal.

I'm not saying hardcore players need to go. I used to be like you. I used to raid hardcore in EQ, then in WoW. But people such as yourself need to be aware, your a small portion of the player base. The casual player base is their money maker, and what funds these games.

Also, your mentality about the roulettes goes against the point of why they exist. Yoshida wants to keep the old content relevant so that people that are trying to level and do those dungeons can still get groups. The entire point is to incentivise people to do that content to help out people that arn't at end game yet. Splitting out the more skilled players goes against his goal.
    That's fine. But at endgame in certain stuff like Savage and EX and Experts you should have the awareness of how to play properly.

There is a major difference though between elitism and someone performing below par. And I highly doubt if you were in Lakshmi EX and you had someone doing 1200 DPS and dying all the time that you would excuse it either.

Here is an example. I had a BLM in Sophia EX back in 3.4. Wrong accessories because Square thought it would be smart to not job restrict them, dying all the time and his weakness buff stacked consistently. What should I have left the party I formed for 1 person or should I have replaced him to get someone more competent?

Not rocket science that 7>1 and getting a replacement is the more viable solution.
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-06-24 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    I agree 100% with everything you said, except WTF did you have to start the dps meter thing again?
    I didn't. The person i responded to did by saying the community is bad because your not allowed to call people out for low dps, which you would only know about if you have a damage meter.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never seen that reason for a person quiting. And i'm talking about playing mmos from the first year of eq until now. I have never heard a single person say they quit a game because of unskilled players. Usually if someone is tired of playing with the lower tier players, they just stick to the content that is more to their level. Do people leave for that reason? Possibly? But I know personally, i've seen more people quit, or not even try a game, because they dont want to deal with elitists.

And fine, but a lot of people dont give that chance. I've seen plenty of vote kicks pop up where no one said a word, they just randomly decided to kick someone for no apparent reason. Most likely because they had act running and saw their dps. But it wasn't apparent if you wern't running act. And these are the ones that annoy me because the group was going to finish either way.

- - - Updated - - -

This. If people are doing low dps or consistently dying I will gladly help them. If they continue to be a hindrance however then I will replace them.

But if I'm in a farm party for Lakshmi for example I expect people to be doing their best. Especially when Lakshmi IS a dps check. So if someone was doing 1200 in a Lakshmi farm group they would get a chance to improve and if they did not they would be out on their ear. Not elitism at all.
    If your talking about a farm group, then it's a PF group where it was stated as such. Your within every right to kick people for not playing to your expectations. I'm only talking about duty finder groups where you should be joining with an expectation that you could get lower skilled players.

I didn't. The person i responded to did by saying the community is bad because your not allowed to call people out for low dps, which you would only know about if you have a damage meter.

- - - Updated - - -

I've never seen that reason for a person quiting. And i'm talking about playing mmos from the first year of eq until now. I have never heard a single person say they quit a game because of unskilled players. Usually if someone is tired of playing with the lower tier players, they just stick to the content that is more to their level. Do people leave for that reason? Possibly? But I know personally, i've seen more people quit, or not even try a game, because they dont want to deal with elitists.

And fine, but a lot of people dont give that chance. I've seen plenty of vote kicks pop up where no one said a word, they just randomly decided to kick someone for no apparent reason. Most likely because they had act running and saw their dps. But it wasn't apparent if you wern't running act. And these are the ones that annoy me because the group was going to finish either way.

- - - Updated - - -

If your talking about a farm group, then it's a PF group where it was stated as such. Your within every right to kick people for not playing to your expectations. I'm only talking about duty finder groups where you should be joining with an expectation that you could get lower skilled players.
    And what if the whole group in DF agrees to kick a player for consistently wiping and is making no attempt to improve even with help?

Deleted
    [/IMG]

SSS Values for each job. Sorry btw Prej
    Haha don't feel sorry for me, i already knew MCH was gonna be low when i hit 70. It doesn't bother me much since i'm not in cutting edge statics

That's fine. But at endgame in certain stuff like Savage and EX and Experts you should have the awareness of how to play properly.

There is a major difference though between elitism and someone performing below par. And I highly doubt if you were in Lakshmi EX and you had someone doing 1200 DPS and dying all the time that you would excuse it either.

Here is an example. I had a BLM in Sophia EX back in 3.4. Wrong accessories because Square thought it would be smart to not job restrict them, dying all the time and his weakness buff stacked consistently. What should I have left the party I formed for 1 person or should I have replaced him to get someone more competent?

Not rocket science that 7>1 and getting a replacement is the more viable solution.
    And again, you formed the party. With expectations. This is different and I would not expect you to leave. My comments are in regards to the duty finder and roulettes. I have no expectations when joining these. Random groups are random groups.