Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone hating on Razer clearly hasn't used the Deathadder Elite.

I've noticed no one has mentioned it so far, but take a look at Corsair brand mice, they aren't well known, but get really strong reviews for competitive pricing, I'm not overly gentle on my hardware, yet my Corsair lasted me 5 years, and only a few days ago had to replace it. I went with the Corsair Sabre for its cheap price and limited fund for a short notice purchase, and I already like it, though if you are a bit more of a hardcore gamer, you might want to look into the Corsair M65 which is competition for current gen Razer Adder

I'm using Razer Mouse and keyboard now. Have issues with both after about 18 months. Thinking about getting http://www.roccat.org/en-US/Products/Gaming-Mice/Nyth/ Has anyone had any experience with them?

It's as if they make the quality crap knowing that their products are overhyped and people will keep buying their stuff after it breaks under a year. After all, if one person buys your thing and it lasts forever, you only made one sale. If it breaks in a year but you hype it so he buys it year after year for 10 years, thats 10 sales.

I bought into the hype when I was a young'un (like 8 years ago or so). Their quality was crap then too. Mouse buttons stopped registering clicks or would double click all on its own. Haven't had logitech products die on me though.

Sad that you're having problems. I've had two razer mice so far, and they've worked great for years. I use gaming mice because I like high sensitivity and I have large hands, so no normal mice for me.

I've tried 1 Razer keyboard(that stop registering clicks) and 2 Razer mice(that both gave me hand/wrist problems because of their horrible design). Their quality and craftsmanship has always been awful IMO. The only thing keeping them alive and thriving is people who see them due to their popularity with the pro-gaming circuit, and most of the "pro-gamers" I see don't even use Razer anymore.

I myself have been keen on Logitech. I've been using the Logitech G15 version 1 keyboard for well over 9 years and the G502 for about 3 with no problems at all, ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Anyone else feel this way? I've gone through 5 different Razer mice, every single one of them brand new, within months they all have clicking problems. Release clicking, double clicking, not clicking. Every single time.

I got the mice for free, Razer is excellent at returning your product and sending you a new one but jesus it is not worth it. Anyone know of a company that has actual reliable working mice cause this is just stupid at this point.

I will say though, that with the first couple months (if it works that long) the mice is fantastic.
    i dunno, how long untill you realize you might be doing somthing. Iv had 2 razer nagas in 8 years.

I really wish people would use the search function sometimes. This topic comes up over and over and over and it's always the same. You have people say it's the greatest thing ever and you have people say it's trash. The truth is likely in the middle. They are average mice and depending on you and how you use it it will either last for a while or break quickly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Razer is notorious for awful QA, and that's been the case since forever, just about. People either get a great unit that lasts forever, or have used multiple units and each one was a trashcan. There's no middle ground usually. I think it's due to several manufacturing locations.
    That's the feeling I get as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Razer is a lightbulb company. They produce nice looking things out of a materials that wont last very long.

Just go with logitech, those things last forever. Heck i still have a logitect keyboard that still works after so many years. (used on old computer)
    Don't sweat the details!!!

It is overrated.
    Every single razor product I purchased broke in the first 6 month. Naga, death adder and manowar.
    They look cool though.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

i got myself the first naga around 2012.
    since then i've cycled through about one model every 6 months (all through warranty, which prolongued the warranty period) with the last one being the only exception. it lasted me more than 2 years, but then the mousewheel started acting up. got my money back at the shops expenses.
    unfortunately out of all the mmo mice naga are the only that are actually comfortable for my rather small hands.

for all the people with slightly bigger hands you can have a look at the havit ms735, which even has a superior sensor that's not just suitable for shooters but is considered the gold standard.
    Last edited by Flaim; 2017-08-21 at 03:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't speak to their mice or other products but my black widow has lasted me for about 5 years at this point and is showing no signs of stopping so I'm very happy with that. Will be getting something new soon though just because I want a smaller keyboard

I personally love Razer products, with the numerous products I've purchased from them, the ONLY issue I've ever had was with the Razer Naga mice. The issue with these I've found is with after excessive amounts of scrolling with the wheel, it becomes a little sporadic. What I mean by this is when you scroll down, it will jump and scroll up one or quite a few lines and vice versa. Now mind you this is a very annoying thing to have occur during gameplay and or web browsing, there's an INCREDIBLY easy and permanent fix. I've done it with the two I've owned since my first back in 2014.

People pretty much love them or hate them. I'm another in this thread who has had numerous razer products with no bad experiences. My entire setup is razer. Nothing has broken. This is over the course of at least 4 years.

I had my previous Naga for 5 years, never broke down. I replaced it because I wanted to purchase skatez, but they'd discontinued the skatez for that model.
    Now I have a Chroma, and it's lovely.

No, I don't think Razer is "overrated", everything I've gotten from them has worked perfectly and given me all the value I wanted. Gotta wonder wtf people are doing with their mice in order to have them break time and again...

I have never owned a razer or razor mouse. I own this mouse which is a perdition red dragon.
    https://www.amazon.com/Redragon-M901.../dp/B00GU8W5AE

It is a lot cheaper than the razor and equivalent logitech mmo mouse. It feels pretty fast and good in my hand.

Psh, true gamers use a trackball!

ofc they are overrated
    first naga broke after 2 months but got replaced to molten version it lasted 4 years, then got new naga and its still works after 4 years, got keyboard Anansi works fine for 4years and kraken headset no problems for 3 years after droping so many times. seems i got mostly lucky w my stuff

Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Psh, true gamers use a trackball!

I love trackball mouse much more than regular mouse. I wish they made an mmo trackball mouse that was very fast. I used to own this trackball mouse. Then i started using the Microsoft trackball mouse which was really great but it is too slow now.
    Last edited by Nihilist74; 2017-08-21 at 03:22 PM.