Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    Or is "Loa" just a synonym for "We know this doesn't make any sense at all otherwise so let's say the Loa did it"?

I mean long term I can't see Sylvanas leading the Horde to prosperity. She'll do what's best for herself, not for the Horde.
    To be honest, we have two theories.

Bwonsamdi, Vol'jin had a weird deal with him. Bwonsamdi were to bring him back as long as he brings Bwonsamdi the sacrifices. And to be honest, Sylvanas is the best choice. Baine is after all under the guidance of Elune. And.. we don't have many other choices really. Gallywix would demand a price. Thrall don't wanna play. And the other possible ones don't wish to be so.

Then others have the theory that it might be the Old Gods that had whispered in Vol'jin's ear under the identity of the Loa. As Sylvanas is quite the key for mass destruction and chaos. Sylvanas as the Banshee Queen is at worse existence than when she was alive. Just look at Legion, Sylvanas and Genn are at each other's throats, even though we're at a critical moment in Azeroth's history.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Old Gods be whisperin'.

Old Gods be leadin'.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjason View Post
    strong female character is meta right now.

and sylvanas not beeing the perfect fit for warchief just makes room for a totaly unexpected redemption story for her. and for jaina.(new kadgar)
    if they could avoid the usual corruption/redemption path with Sylvanas, that would be cool. There is so much more potential and depth in her current egoistical, ruthless and desperate character than in the world-savers or war lords types we had in the past.

7+ Year Old Account
    sure they will explain, after they realize how shit it was now they are trying to figure out a meaning for this nonsense. This takes time, thats why we don't see nothing about in this expansion

and im pretty sure the loa name was Ko'sak

Deleted
    Why we can't have something misterious in WoW anymore? Everything must be explained otherwise is "Blizzard shit writing"? A few religions wuold like to have a talk with you OP. And that's in real life. At least in Azeroth we know we have "magic".

5+ Year Old Account
    i think they definitely will... they're carrying through a lot of stories that aren't 100% solved, and when ion answers qs like this he often says something like
    'its a matter of giving all the characters their time to shine'

it will probably be a) a big reveal in the next expac that will spur juicy drama
    or b) something mentioned in quest text and brushed off to make room for more story

atleast that comes from my experience with WoW lore ^^

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darkfire979 View Post
    I was thinking that they were referring to Alleria. They somehow knew that she would coming back.
    It seems unlikely but stranger things have happen in the WoW storylines. All this could be a setup for Alleria to take over leadership of the horde in the next expansion and someone whom Sylvanas would probably step down for without a fight.
    what kind of DRUGS you guys use

Alleria warchief of the horde, i cant measure the high level of retardness this have

Can we stop kicking the dead horse? the horde is pretty much dead, let us alone
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-10-13 at 07:39 AM.

I just wonder why they didn't pick Baine. Sure nobody gives a shit about him. So make us give a shit. Highmountain has a new breed of Tauren you say? That's great, where the fuck is Baine? Or pick Saurfang. Or Eitrigg. Or Grommash from AU Draenor. Plenty of good options. Sylvanas gets enough spotlight without her needing to be warchief. Her story in Stormheim could just as easily have happened if she wasn't warchief.

I know, Baine is too young, Saurfang is too old, Lor'themar is too vain, Gallywix is too greedy, blablabla. Stop being so picky and realize that an undead banshee leading what once was the orcish Horde is ridiculous.

Or, don't kill off Vol'jin through some pathetic nameless felguard and give his tenure as warchief some spotlight. But I guess we couldn't expect more than one garrison level 3 cutscene. Such a fucking waste. Honestly I would have been fine with it if just Varian died and Vol'jin lived. Varian at least has played a significant role, Vol'jin only did notable things before he became warchief. And even then, not until MoP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    We actually got plenty of inner monologue from sylvanas when she died after falling off icecrown and she didn't seem malevolent.

Keep in mind, however, that we never actually SAW sylvanas get resurrected. The way the scene actually went was we saw the valkyr prepare to offer her spirit a deal of some kind, and the next scene was sylvanas AFTER the resurrection. Its entirely possible some other deal went down and the valkyr resurrected someone else and stuck that person inside sylvanas' body. The valkyr also were working for arthas who had been found in the afterlife by sylvanas....

If im writing this, i do a cutscene back at icecrown where theres some icy prison and it shatters to reveal the REAL sylvanas. This leaves us to wonder just exactly WHO has been masquerading as sylvanas all this time.
    No offense, but that's the worst idea I've heard as far as Lore goes in a long time. Almost as bad as "explaining why the Loa whispered Sylvanas name" because they did. The why isn't important. Where the story goes is what's important. Good stories don't spend huge amounts of time on exposition.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Maybe he didn't get the full transmission from the Loa.

"Sylvanas..."
    "Not Sylvanas...."
    "Above all else, do not pick Sylvanas, she's crazy. Also, why the heck are you dying from poisoning? What are you, a gnome? Heal from that poison like a real Darkspear! Oh, you got impaled too? You are in the Horde capital and there is not even a single healer? Goddamnit, then just pick Baine and die already, because all your other options are mentally unstable."
    I laughed too hard. Thanks!

Plot Twist - "Spirits" were Jaina doing to destroy Horde from inside.

It was probably the Old Gods.

They still have not explained why the forests of Lorderon whispered the name ARTHAS when he was born. Or maybe they did idk. Do not read books.

Deleted
    Something that strengthens the theory that old gods were involved is the fact that Hakkar the Soulflayer is still alive. He's a minion of the Old gods and is related to the troll and Loa. Perfect fit.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbac View Post
    They still have not explained why the forests of Lorderon whispered the name ARTHAS when he was born. Or maybe they did idk. Do not read books.
    That was just metaphor.

The big question is, did the Loa whispered 'Sylvanas' specifically or 'Windrunner' (which Vol'jin interpreted as Sylvanas at that time)?
    It actually said "Sylvan" which he interpreted as Sylvanas when the Loa actually ment "Sylvan Learning Center" because it wanted the Horde to stop being dipshits that fight with the Alliance all the time and actually learn something for once.

Sylvanas is not even close to "best choice" if you actually look at storytelling and lore.

Thrall would have been the most obvious choice. Sylvanas doesn't even come close. But the reason why Blizzard aren't picking Thrall is because players would just be angry over "Thrall taking the spotlight again" or some nonsensical anger like that.

Sylvanas is one of the characters that made the least sense. Even an old orc like Saurfang would have made more sense. Lore'Themar would have made sense, while still being curiously questionable.

But Sylvanas? It makes no sense, other than giving fanservice. She have added nothing to the plot in Legion, at all. Even the conspiracies of the next expansion about Sylvanas, still doesn't add anything to the story with her being Warchief.

Ha, don't be silly OP. It wasn't The Loa who told Vol'jin that Sylvanas should be Warchief. It was Dave Kosak!

10+ Year Old Account
    We needed another evil warchief for SoO2.0

Warchief is a joke title at this point.

Also need to redeem everyone in WoW apparently... even if they are blatantly evil af

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    I was thinking that they were referring to Alleria. They somehow knew that she would coming back.
    It seems unlikely but stranger things have happen in the WoW storylines. All this could be a setup for Alleria to take over leadership of the horde in the next expansion and someone whom Sylvanas would probably step down for without a fight. We knew Alleria hated the horde but that was because she think they were a threat to Quel'Thalas back then in the second war but that was 1000+ years ago from her point of view (from that audio story) so maybe she had became more pragmatic and open since (after all she had dabbling in void/shadow magic which was a big taboo for the naruu). And by taking over the horde, she can ensure the safety of the current/future Quel'Thalas by making use of their forces to protect it.
    I mean no joke I would quit the game so hard my computer would crash. But that is just me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    I just wonder why they didn't pick Baine. Sure nobody gives a shit about him. So make us give a shit. Highmountain has a new breed of Tauren you say? That's great, where the fuck is Baine? Or pick Saurfang. Or Eitrigg. Or Grommash from AU Draenor. Plenty of good options. Sylvanas gets enough spotlight without her needing to be warchief. Her story in Stormheim could just as easily have happened if she wasn't warchief.

I know, Baine is too young, Saurfang is too old, Lor'themar is too vain, Gallywix is too greedy, blablabla. Stop being so picky and realize that an undead banshee leading what once was the orcish Horde is ridiculous.

Or, don't kill off Vol'jin through some pathetic nameless felguard and give his tenure as warchief some spotlight. But I guess we couldn't expect more than one garrison level 3 cutscene. Such a fucking waste. Honestly I would have been fine with it if just Varian died and Vol'jin lived. Varian at least has played a significant role, Vol'jin only did notable things before he became warchief. And even then, not until MoP.
    Because Baine is a weak, inexperienced leader. Lorthemar, despite the jokes would have been a great Warchief, as he cares about all Horde races, even the forsaken.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Quote Originally Posted by AldoChat View Post
    I believe that Vol'jin was lied, and those were not the loa, but the legion placing a seed of discord.

Maybe i am wrong, but that sounds interesting.
    Well, if so, it did absolutely nothing to help them kill Azeroth.