The Draenei/Ogre hybrid is bad arse... DADDY WANTS... !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    Wonder if the riddle guy is someone in Blizzard. We know they read this thread. Some people over there love their secrets too...

I can't make heads or tails of it. Other than Note 11 is Darion. Kel'thuzad asks Darion who he loves at the end of the Ashbringer comic when he becomes a DK and he says no one.
    Oh i forgot about it! Good catch.

My progress on note 08:

Its probably Lothar. WoWpedia says at his statue near Blackrock there Lotharian Lotus. Not duel but trap thing probably means how blizzard retconned his death.
    Last edited by Jorah; 2017-10-21 at 10:36 PM.

I'd like to take the chance to bring up that the reason I came to MMOC this summer was report on a mysterious leak that appeared on the chan general for WoW: it stated that the main characters of the expansion were Jaina, Sylvanas and Azshara. Months later, Jaina is the face of WoW on the blizzcon poster and Sylvanas gets a statue.

Same leak also said that the "box character" was someone he referred to as "Davy Jones" and hinted connections to Helya, Ghosts and Daelin Proudmoore. He then provided hints that lead to an anagram, which lead to a character named Lieutenant Alverold. This character was mentioned ONCE in a letter that has since been deleted from the game since Cataclysm and was connected to the Kul'tiras fleet.

The first thing we get datamined related to kul'tiras that isn't a spooky purple robe is a ghost horse...

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    I'd like to take the chance to bring up that the reason I came to MMOC this summer was report on a mysterious leak that appeared on the chan general for WoW: it stated that the main characters of the expansion were Jaina, Sylvanas and Azshara. Months later, Jaina is the face of WoW on the blizzcon poster and Sylvanas gets a statue.

Same leak also said that the "box character" was someone he referred to as "Davy Jones" and hinted connections to Helya, Ghosts and Daelin Proudmoore. He then provided hints that lead to an anagram, which lead to a character named Lieutenant Alverold. This character was mentioned ONCE in a letter that has since been deleted from the game since Cataclysm and was connected to the Kul'tiras fleet.

The first thing we get datamined related to kul'tiras that isn't a spooky purple robe is a ghost horse...
    You don't happen to have a link to the thread do you?

I vaguely remember this actually! This was months and months ago and I'm pretty sure it's the first post-Legion leak I saw. Wonder if anyone can trace it down.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeCC View Post
    I'm afraind I don't, you could possibly get a lead from looking up Alverold on the chan archive. The leaker posted in multiple threads over multiple days.

Feel free to look up Alverold on the wowpedias: he was cited as "not having returned" to the fleet as early as Vanilla.

Remember 8.0 cinematic "leak". Same stuff undead Daelin and ghost fleet.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeCC View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d#post46463476

Found it on this page.

"Hey everyone, just coming it with some hot spicy """"leak"""" information. This was from a thread on ebaums famous /wowg/ general, some guy came in and leaked information on a "South Seas" expansion like has been done a hundred times before. However there were a few things in this leak that were interesting and I thought you guys might like to hear.

1) Jaina, Sylvanas and Azshara all get focus, but none of them are the poster character for the expansion. He said it was very much a "girl power" expansion. He also said that the first two are not villains.

2) The "poster character" for the expansion is a new rendition of an "old character" but someone he likened to "Davy Jones": he dropped a strange word (Ordleval) in his first post, but when we pressed him for information later on who the character is (it's not Admiral Proudmoore, it's not the Bloodsail captain, etc), he said he had told us earlier. One of our tech whizzes anagramed it up and came up with the name "Alverold", which brought him to look the name up on wow's gamepedia (I'd post the link but I'm still a new account). This brought him to a now-removed letter in the game:

This was the only mention of the guy, from a DELETED LETTER. It sounds strange and obscure enough to be a lead. Could this Lieutenant Alverod have stumbled on something Old God related and become brainwashed into becoming a "Davy Jones" type character, heading back to Kul'tiras and messing with it before Jaina could return? It's such a strange and far off theory that put the leak in a different category than any other one I've heard. South Seas, Kul'tiras, Azshara, all easy guesses, but Proudmoore's old mysteriously disappearing lieutenant that was mentioned ONCE?

3) He said that the release of the expansion would be in Summer 2018. He said that Argus's three zones would be timegated, building up to the raid being released in November.

4) Various information he mentioned include there not being a new class, there being at least one new race, and Kul'tiras being called a "continent"

I'm just passing along this information, I can provide images of these posts if you want. Just a really interesting sounding theory especially with the Lieutenant. What do you guys think?"
    Last edited by Velaryia; 2017-10-21 at 10:51 PM. Reason: Found new info.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlamin View Post
    Those 2 leaks are too similar in wording. Either they copied from the same source, are the same person, or one of them copied the other.

Red shirt guy called me a "notable dataminer"! I can die happy now.
    I miss the parriot avatar =/

Hey this is like my theory I mentioned earlier. I said that N'zoth may have new worshipers and he gives them powers similar to Helya. Would explain the Seabraid Stallion sounds.

If that is true then Daelin could come back to life covered in seaweed similar to vrykul in Legion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaFirefall View Post
    I never realized that the stick in that small fruit is shaped like the good ol' Phantom Blade. That's amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorah View Post
    100% Jaina.

Lich King style and Kael? I confused with three "s" at end.

Nozdormu / Murozond?

LoL its Varian's coin text from Dalaran fountain.

Garrosh? But i don't know anything related to Garrosh and lotus.
    Or Cairne?

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    I never realized that the stick in that small fruit is shaped like the good ol' Phantom Blade. That's amazing.
    Sword piercing round shape object... I saw this somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velaryia View Post
    2) The "poster character" for the expansion is a new rendition of an "old character" but someone he likened to "Davy Jones": he dropped a strange word (Ordleval) in his first post, but when we pressed him for information later on who the character is (it's not Admiral Proudmoore, it's not the Bloodsail captain, etc), he said he had told us earlier. One of our tech whizzes anagramed it up and came up with the name "Alverold", which brought him to look the name up on wow's gamepedia.[/I]
    If they were to go the Davy Jones route, they would be better off making the poster character Daelin Proudmoore, not some obscure lieutenant whose name was mentioned once. I'm all for Blizzard coming up with new, interesting villains but not making Daelin Proudmoore a badass Old God possessed pirate captain (and opting for his lieutenant instead?) would be missing an awesome opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Or Cairne?
    Nah now i'm sure its Lothar.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Lotharian_Lotus

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can someone try applying the riddles to that Davy Jones leak? And for that matter to Norths leak.

Idk why but I feel like stars are aligning... Maybe it's the desire for a leak.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    If they were to go the Davy Jones route, they would be better off making the poster character Daelin Proudmoore, not some obscure lieutenant whose name was mentioned once. I'm all for Blizzard coming up with new, interesting villains but not making Daelin Proudmoore a badass Old God possessed pirate captain (and opting for his lieutenant instead?) would be missing an awesome opportunity.
    What if we will need to replace current "WoW Davy Jones" with Daelin? Besides Legion show us Daelin now in shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaryia View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...d#post46463476

3) He said that the release of the expansion would be in Summer 2018. He said that Argus's three zones would be timegated, building up to the raid being released in November.
    [/I]
    Thanks for finding it, and this is what actually makes it at least semi believable, although it could have been a very educated guess.

Quote Originally Posted by ercarp View Post
    If they were to go the Davy Jones route, they would be better off making the poster character Daelin Proudmoore, not some obscure lieutenant whose name was mentioned once. I'm all for Blizzard coming up with new, interesting villains but not making Daelin Proudmoore a badass Old God possessed pirate captain would be missing an awesome opportunity.
    I'd agree, but I'd argue that if they wanted to have Jaina be conflicted or just not a villain at all, it would make sense if it wasn't her father but someone related to him. All that they would need is a badass looking ghost pirate on the cover.

The 8.0 cinematic leak sounds weirdly bullshit with the Bolvar stuff, but isn't it the only one besides this that's mentioned ghosts being the main antagonists?

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Dread Fleet of Kul'tiras