Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisxor View Post
    No one is forcing you to play your alts and get exalted with factions. If you don't like like that then that's your problem. Don't do them if you don't like them. The game has always been like this, why would it change all of a sudden?
    There was a time when the same could be said for achievements... My lvl 1 bank alt has the achievement for killing heroic Kil'jaeden...

7+ Year Old Account
    From a personal standpoint, I would love to see that rep tab full on any alt character. From a practical standpoint, this just seems like a mess of you make reps account wide. Some people have already touched on some of the notorius reps like Bloodsail Buccaneers and that could be solved with only specific reps being account wide.

The major problem i see after those type of reps is how will account reps be implemented? Will it just take your highighest rep character? If it did this and rep was shared then they would also have to change dailies as someone could just do all dailies for 4 to 10 days on their toon and be exalted.

Another argument being made is that it takes away from an mmo feel. If my pally is just best buddies with thr Brood of Nozdormu and hasnt even met a dragon yet that kinda reduces an immersive feel.

As a more recent rep, if ive never been to alternate Draenor how could a charcter possibly be friends with any of those factions?
    Last edited by Thwunder; 2017-11-14 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwunder View Post
    if ive never been to alternate Draenor how could a charcter possibly be friends with any of those factions?
    If you've never been to draenor why do you have M BRF gear mogged and riding on M BH mount? At the very least rep achievements should meta like other ones and count on all characters. And they should definitely remove the rep requirements to xmog tabards and other gear like the laughing skull masks.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think the answer is account-wide rep for every char you have...but I DO think that if you get exalted on one toon that it should increase your rep gains on every other toon by like 200% or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Thwunder View Post
    From a personal standpoint, I would love to see that rep tab full on any alt character. From a practical standpoint, this just seems like a mess of you make reps account wide. Some people have already touched on some of the notorius reps like Bloodsail Buccaneers and that could be solved with only specific reps being account wide.

The major problem i see after those type of reps is how will account reps be implemented? Will it just take your highighest rep character? If it did this and rep was shared then they would also have to change dailies as someone could just do all dailies for 4 to 10 days on their toon and be exalted.

Another argument being made is that it takes away from an mmo feel. If my pally is just best buddies with thr Brood of Nozdormu and hasnt even met a dragon yet that kinda reduces an immersive feel.

As a more recent rep, if ive never been to alternate Draenor how could a charcter possibly be friends with any of those factions?
    Id imagine the system would just ignore the acct wide until 1 character has become exalted, As for your comment about about the Brood. I dunno, but my level 1 toon is walking around with an Exalted title and it hasn't even accepted its first quest. Same could be said for pets, mounts an achievo's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    I don't think the answer is account-wide rep for every char you have...but I DO think that if you get exalted on one toon that it should increase your rep gains on every other toon by like 200% or something.
    It be ok with that if the system was generous with the % or the % increased based on how many toons you had exalted.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    Blizz thought that was only fun for Legion up to level 109... sure it helps new alts since 7.3 (Nathrezim Tome of Manipulation), but any before that got the same old rep + BoA tokens.

They just seem very inconsistent, Pandaria had bonus rep, then it got removed again later (as in not implemented for WoD/Legion).

And then there's Timewalking rep tokens, but those also don't cover each old rep either.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-11-14 at 08:12 PM.

Im closing in on exalted with my last legion reps (arg reach+army o light) on 4 alts now, just by mission table shuffling..

Not even done the argus intro quests on all of them..

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. all my rep is on my alliance paladin because he's human and gets the passive bonus, I do not grind rep on ANY other character. Sucks cuz I am not interested in any of the alliance allied races at all.

Panda rep system was 100% on point

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Can't think of a reason they don't do it.

No one can be bothered to grind reps on an alt. Shit takes too long.

I just want to use the appearances and tabards on my alts so I can make them look how I want to.
    Can't think of a reason? You named the reason in the very next line.

It extends the duration of your sub. Voila, magic.

You guys think they're gonna give you "QoL" changes that give you less reasons to stay subbed? You realize we're in the generation of games where LOOT BOXES are sold for real money? You guys are naive, seriously. This is a business, not a labor of love.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    It convince me even more that first 4 races will come during Legion, maybe with 7.3.5. They really expect new players (or people that skipped Legion) to farm 7.0 world quests for weeks? I don't think so.
    ofc they are

we are looking on 12 + months with 0 new content besides 1 raid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    Yeah.. all my rep is on my alliance paladin because he's human and gets the passive bonus, I do not grind rep on ANY other character. Sucks cuz I am not interested in any of the alliance allied races at all.

Panda rep system was 100% on point
    you literaly can farm rep while not even playing on pc now via mobile phone this expansion

how the fuck its different them mop besides that its much much easier ?

Quote Originally Posted by Enkrypt View Post
    Can't think of a reason? You named the reason in the very next line.

It extends the duration of your sub. Voila, magic.

You guys think they're gonna give you "QoL" changes that give you less reasons to stay subbed? You realize we're in the generation of games where LOOT BOXES are sold for real money? You guys are naive, seriously. This is a business, not a labor of love.
    Yeh but no one actually does it, so it doesn't actually extend anything because I just cancel my sub rather than do dumb ass reps on alts lol.

Wait a sec, let me get this straight. I'm an alliance only guy, I don't have any horde chars.

If I want to create a Nightborn hordie, I have to first create a regular horde guy, level him to 110, then grind rep on Nightborn to exalted, and THEN start all over again with my Nightborn at level 1?

that seems a bit whack-a-doodle to me

Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    Yeh but no one actually does it, so it doesn't actually extend anything because I just cancel my sub rather than do dumb ass reps on alts lol.
    You might not, but plenty of others do. Myself not included. That shit can die in a fire.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goremonger View Post
    If you've never been to draenor why do you have M BRF gear mogged and riding on M BH mount? At the very least rep achievements should meta like other ones and count on all characters. And they should definitely remove the rep requirements to xmog tabards and other gear like the laughing skull masks.
    True enough with the mounts and gear. And yes please let us use the tabards without needing the rep on alts

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Id imagine the system would just ignore the acct wide until 1 character has become exalted, As for your comment about about the Brood. I dunno, but my level 1 toon is walking around with an Exalted title and it hasn't even accepted its first quest. Same could be said for pets, mounts an achievo's.

- - - Updated - - -

It be ok with that if the system was generous with the % or the % increased based on how many toons you had exalted.
    Yea, if the system revolved around just having an exalted rep first for the majority of factions than I believe it could work well. Seeing as how you already have the titles and mounts I guess having the reputation without actually doing the reps is reasonable to implement.

I agree that reps should be account not character. Most things should. I barely touch alts anymore because they're too repetitive, but in a game like d3 i love playing all the different classes. Easy there because my paragon, gems, etc can just be used by another character and im off to the races. Wow you gotta slog out all this shit to make an alt viable...nah I just pass and go play something else.

As soon as a new expansion is released every reputation should be raised on the highest level that this account reached account wide.
    If I played it on one character, I earned this for my account. This is my stance.
    An argument that, I think it was Ion, said on blizzcon was, that you want something to do on your alt. Is that so? I would like to play my alt. Doing dungeons, raids, maybe some questing. I dont want to grind rep AGAIN. While I like Ion and the other guys from blizz, I dont understand that stance.
    You see, I earned the title the conquerer on paper. I write on paper, because I am exaltet with the Frostwolves and Warsong on my first character I played in classic, my rogue. And I am exalted with the Arathi Forsaken with my Paladin, a character that I mained from BC to the beginning of Mop. I dont have the title on any of my characters.
    I get punished for changing my main. That is not fun, that is just annoying.
    I pretty much tried to raise every rep there was ingame to exaltet with my paladin, and I think I got one of the newest achievements. Problem is, I rarely play my paladin. Still, I start to play this character to do some of the reps, so I can continue the achievement, because it pleases me when I am exaltet with a faction. Or it did. I stopped. I just do it on my main character and be done with it. So in Mop to Legion it was my Monk and in Legion it is my Warrior. My Warrior has 10 exalted reps (i think). This is just annyoing and it stops me from doing any more achievement farming, because I dont get all the credid.
    That said, I was absolutely happy with blizz changing the way pvp mounts work. ( I grinded the prestigious war wolf, and could not use it on my warrior, very sad, because I really like the design of this mount) And how many of the toys work. I hope the open up more of those rules.
    Blademasters are as much Warriors as Navy Seals are Soldiers.
    A possible thought of a Blademaster about Warriors
    "They shout, they curse, stabbing wildly; more brawlers than warriors. They make a wondrous mess of things. Brave amateurs, they do their part"
    (300)

+1 Account Wide Rep.

Or at the very least, make the Exhalted Tabards BoA and give bonus Rep with the faction.
    I.e. Main got Exhalted with Nightfallen and can now buy the Tabard. Tabard BOA and gives Nightfallen Rep when doing dungeons, World Quests, etc.

The whole rep concept is pretty outdated to begin with, especially when you don't get anything other than a tabard and maybe a pet out of it.

7+ Year Old Account
    I will never unstand people who are against this. What would you lost? Especially if you dont care about rep.

I hope Blizzard will reconsider their opinion about accountwide rep someday, or implement atleast a system like MoP had for all factions.

Not only it would be nice for alts to use rep-bound Tabards, Toys etc, but also for People like me who like to have a 'clean' Profile on every character without half-reached reps or empty rep bars, even from Factions you can no longer get (Zandalari Tribe etc.)

5+ Year Old Account
    I can sort of understand why you wouldn't want account wide reputations for current patch content, but older content desperately needs it.

I don't want to grind Cenarion reputation just to get the tabard on an alt for a transmog. There's zero reason for the gating.

At the very least disable rep requirements for transmog and toys. No reason to have those as long as you've earned them on one alt.
    For the [enter opposing faction here]