Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    No it’s aimed at private server players and unsubbed veterans
    I can attest to this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by teverin View Post
    Why are people so against LFG being added? Did people really like standing around IF/ORG spamming gen chat for hours trying to find a tank or healer?
    Because Vanilla did not have anything like that and it would ruin the Vanilla experience. How many threads are out there where people claim that LFD/LFR has ruined their experience? They always have Classic / TBC as baseline. These people would expect Classic servers not to have an automatic matchmaking system. This is probably a big no-go for Classic fans.

You know, if I was a Classic fan and would like this experience to be recreated, I would not play a server where such things are changed to be like in retail. If you introduce LFD/LFR onto Classic servers, you might just as well play retail and turn Exp gains off at level 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Release View Post
    I don't understand this argument. Dual spec, LFR, flying are all down voted into oblivion. What people want it seems to me is that Blizzard effectively make 1.13. The vanilla experience but some class re balancing and some minor QoL changes god forbid. If Vanilla had continued another 6 months they would have continued to balance the classes. Things like auto loot and guild banks aren't going to suddenly destroy the integrity of your classic experience.
    its cute that you think that some internet survey means anything to devs

must be nice living in ones own world where other games on market dont exist and dont set standards for gamers community /

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    people on private servers don't know what vanilla was most of the private server people have never played live wow and have only ever played wow for free
    Incorrect, see the stats that were presented to Blizzard in the eighty pages document from Nostalrius : most of them come from retail. Only 13% said their main reason for leaving retail was because it's too expensive.

As a warrior back in vanilla (and all my wow life), I know the pain of respecing a LOT for raiding, pvp, pve etc etc etc. So imo, not that we should have a dual spec, but i'm trully in favor to limite the money of respecing LOW like 5g max, don't forget that back in the day, money was a hard to get. So that would really help.

Very interesting survey to be honest and really liked to see a lot of "answers" there. Really interesting.

Deleted
    One of the questios that hit me:
    If Blizzard offers a TBC server would you like the ability to copy your vanilla character to it?
    89.8% voted yes.

Check this out:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-legacy-future

Quote Originally Posted by kibil View Post
    As a warrior back in vanilla (and all my wow life), I know the pain of respecing a LOT for raiding, pvp, pve etc etc etc. So imo, not that we should have a dual spec, but i'm trully in favor to limite the money of respecing LOW like 5g max, don't forget that back in the day, money was a hard to get. So that would really help.

Very interesting survey to be honest and really liked to see a lot of "answers" there. Really interesting.
    How is that different from any other QoL change? When you hit the max respec cost of 50g, you can simply farm for half an hour to pay that fee and along the way you might meet a friend, get in a fight with the other faction or otherwise just experience the content and the game.

These little changes that make the game easier slowly chisel away at the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by kibil View Post

I can see all the benefits to dual spec, but I think it is one of the Vanilla designs that actually served a valuable purpose, rather than being an old gimmick that should be kept around for the sake of being an old gimmick.

The heftier cost of respec meant people preferred to stick to their spec, which I think strengthened individual player identity. When you have that cost in place, a player is more like a prot paladin, or a ret paladin (for example) rather than just being a paladin who can do either whenever. Need a tank for something, you look for a player who is a tank, need a healer? You look for a healer. Rather than just hitting a button and filling those roles yourself.

Maybe you see someone having a hard time doing some farming or whatever at max level as a healer spec. You help them out and then add them to friends, and the next day when you're looking for a healer--you ask them if they'd be up for a dungeon instead of just changing your spec and looking for random DPS players.

I think it does some nice things. A very slight reduction in max (or a decaying cost--so that if you don't respec for weeks/months it becomes cheaper over time), would be a better solution than implementing dual spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Only question i thought was weird was for new content. They are not going to hire a new Art team, encounter team, etc. That means it would take resources from the regular game which is a huge no no. If you want more stuff, just play retail or wait for a progression server.

Quote Originally Posted by Aqua View Post
    Would you like to see LFG/LFR ad-

*SMASHES NO*

Okay some of these overly purist 'No's confuse me... I'm all for keeping most things the same 1x, fuck no to flying mounts and the like...

But ...no darkmoon faire at launch? Why the fuck not? What's the reasoning? I started the game with that feature already kicking about so I don't get why it would ruin anything. Not like anyone low level can make much use of it anyway, and the perks it does give are ... well nice at best, minimal and unintrusive at worst.
    You can't have one thing and then criticize people for wanting another thing. That's why Vanilla must be pure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    It is closed to add more questions. I would vote should a new one is created. Much oblidged to anybody that would let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    It's a self-selecting sample and all, so not 100% accurate, but...

Results are interesting. There is obviously a resounding NO to features that would just defeat the point of a vanilla server (such as flying and LFR) but other changes, such as class balance, expanded bank and summon-able meeting stones, have a much more even split. I'd have been interested to see a question about transmog as well.
    I think transmog would be a large "no" majority too, because it actually change the whole RPG feeling of "what you see is what you get". One of the main draw Vanilla had, is its "down to earth" feeling, with much less layers of mechanisms between you and the world (hence you feel much more part of the world).
    The one result I'm surprised at is people wanting Dishonorable kills. Like, seriously? Nobody liked them, and nobody attacked enemy towns once they were implemented because killing one stray civilian tanked your Honor rating into the dirt. At least make it exclusive to low level players or something.
    Don't forget that the only answers were "yes" and "no". It skews results quite a bit, because clear and resounding answers ("do you want LFR ?" => FUCK NOOOOOOOOO !) are undistinguishable from barely-care answer ("do you want the ST fishing contest from the start ?" => "meh, don't care. Maybe. Why not. Whatever").

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archmage BloodElf4Life View Post
    My question now is if Blizzard will do like Runescape, where a threshold of 75% was required to apply changes on the game. Looking forward to hearing more about it.
    That's a pretty good rule of thumb.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kilz View Post
    The majority is also able to accept change for the best, like in the case of guild vaults and an option to have the new graphics.
    It's not "changes for the best". It's "changes that don't affect the core game too much".
    The whole lesson of Classic servers is that "changes for the best" are often BS, because "the best" is very different from one person to another, and long-term effects are hard to measure. When one wants to replay something, the important part is to not alter this thing too much, not to "improve" it.

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    You can't have one thing and then criticize people for wanting another thing. That's why Vanilla must be pure.
    Pure to what? Launch? 1.9? 1.12? Is a classic server less "pure" just because it launches with stuff like Darkmoon Faire, Battlegrounds and Dire Maul instead of waiting an arbitrary amount of time to implement them? Would that initial few months of fake patch progression even matter in the long run if a classic server would hopefully be around for years?

Quote Originally Posted by dirros View Post
    Most ppl wanting BGs at launch proves that the voters opinions shouldn't matter, since they clearly don't know what they're voting for.
    That would kill some of the heydays of World PvP, no Test of Honor Contest, destroy the launch of the BGs which would be amazing events on their own, AND give players no time to level, instead just rush to 60 to compete for the ranks.

GG. Ppl really lack any insight of what vanilla was about.
    Some people also just don't give a shit about PvP and don't care about World PvP. As such they might prefer to have BG available day 1.
    Others likes Vanilla but don't nitpick about when the change happened or at which patch. They are fine with Vanilla as it was 1.12.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Knadra View Post
    How is that different from any other QoL change? When you hit the max respec cost of 50g, you can simply farm for half an hour to pay that fee and along the way you might meet a friend, get in a fight with the other faction or otherwise just experience the content and the game.

These little changes that make the game easier slowly chisel away at the experience.
    50 gold in 30 mn ?
    Feels legit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post

50 gold in 30 mn ?
    Feels legit.
    Two man strat living runs. It was possible, but it was no fun to farm these orbs.

Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    Two man strat living runs. It was possible, but it was no fun to farm these orbs.
    You can also solo Blackrock Depths for 100g an hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Vluffyvlaush View Post
    Two-man farming Strat living in 30 mn ? Feels legit.

Deleted
    Since when surveys can be taken serious ???

Some answers are scary, the problem with the poll is that retail players are allowed to vote. Most people want classic expansions and many want an increase in the level cap. An increase in the level cap would destroy classic feel of the game. The first rule of these servers is that there will never be a cap increase beyond 60.

Quote Originally Posted by Viikkis View Post
    Retail players are trying hard to ruin it for us.
    I agree with you so much so that I made this meme for everyone to enjoy