New PC - Interface / Add-on transfer

What files/folders do I need to put on a usb drive to transfer my keybinds, macros and addons to a new computer?

15+ Year Old Account
    Just copy the entire Wow Folder on the usb drive, that's what i did a month ago. Works fine
    If the USB is not big enough you can do it in parts. Also saves you from installing / downloading all over

10+ Year Old Account
    And in case you don't want to copy the entire thing: The interface and the wtf folders are where your entire UI is stored

In order to have an exact copy of your WoW install, just copy the entire folder. If you're fine with doing a fresh install over the Internet but still want nothing to change, copy the following folders from your old install to the new install: Errors, Fonts, Interface, Logs, Screenshots, Sound, WTF (don't worry if you don't have some of these). You'll need about 50-55GB free on whatever portable storage you're using to copy the entire folder, but only 1-2GB for the specific folders I mentioned.

Reasoning behind each folder:

• Errors - history of crashes, keep just in case support wants them
    • Fonts - manually created folder to replace game fonts, you probably don't have it
    • Interface - addon installs (required)
    • Logs - same reason as errors, various logs including taints, chat, and combat if you have those enabled (I have a script that organizes logs into numbered files, I have the last 999 chat logs for personal use)
    • Screenshots - always nice for a trip down memory lane, I wish I kept screenshots I had before the end of Wrath when I lost them
    • Sound - same reason as fonts
    • WTF - all game and addon settings (required)

All the other folders and files in the WoW install will automatically be created on a fresh install or when logging into the game
    Last edited by Kanegasi; 2017-11-17 at 07:49 PM.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet