Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chriseggroll View Post
    I feel conflicted about this. Getting the 4 piece bonus gives a sense of epicness, like your character is powerful, and having to make gear choices is strategic currently, instead of just picking the highest ilvl piece always. How will raiding have unique rewards when this is removed?
    Trinkets maybe. But would it even matter if raiding did not grand uniquely powerful items?
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-11-15 at 07:54 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    It's just removing set bonuses, not the actual gear appearance, stop whining.
    Except that is what is being implied by the actual line from the article, not just what's on MMO-champion's front page:

"With sets and cosmetic appearances we're always trying new things. We're currently not planning on carrying forward traditional raid class sets," says Hazzikostas. "So we're going to have artwise, the gear will be more heavily themed from the place it comes.
    For me that raises the concern of all tiers becoming like Trial of Valor.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained

Quote Originally Posted by Argyn View Post
    Except that is what is being implied by the actual line from the article, not just what's on MMO-champion's front page:

For me that raises the concern of all tiers becoming like Trial of Valor.
    Yeah, that quote to me doesn't say we'll be getting class based tier sets anymore. I'm seeing this is cloth, this is plate, this is leather etc, but I could be wrong and hope that I am. The thing I liked most about tier sets was the art. The bonuses I can take or leave. It is fun to get them and have that power increase, but sometimes they were just a pain.

If this is the case I expect to see a lot more people in old world transmog tier sets.

I am not worried until I see what they do. It is possible that we end up with class specific looks, and have relic like items that drop from certain bosses that give the traditional set type bonus to the neck. No lot required for gear.

why do people keep trying to say "sets are still going to be in" when in the article he clearly states they are going back to trial of the crusader set styles by saying "making armor look like it came from the raid instead of class aesthetics"(which was the exact design philosophy of ToC) and no bonuses so tier sets are effectively dead because it's all about highest item level so M+ will take over and raids will be phased out.

It's just removing set bonuses, not the actual gear appearance, stop whining.
    Because I raid for appearances? Right, it could look like a bunch of turds glued to me and i'd still want those set bonuses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Because I raid for appearances? Right, it could look like a bunch of turds glued to me and i'd still want those set bonuses.
    You'll jave those in the new Azerite armor, haha. It's not like set bonuses were exciting after the Class trinkets that droped from Archimonde. And then Legendaries, which were one piece set bonuses.

You'll jave those in the new Azerite armor, haha. It's not like set bonuses were exciting after the Class trinkets that droped from Archimonde. And then Legendaries, which were one piece set bonuses.
    I love set bonuses, but I'm willing to give them up for the proper replacement. Raid, M+, and Overworld specific Azerite Traits, make each piece of content reward gear that helps you with that content.

when in wod they removed tier set from lfr only it was a debacle admitted by ion in pre legion interviews, it plundered participation to the historic minimum, now they gonna try again just to salvage the crap titanforge system and every difficulties gonna get impacted by this, this enforce my opinion that blizzard devs never learn and will always try to enforce the same crap again and again until they hit a wall (or are fired by blizzard).
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Welp, turns out I was right. Trial of Valor is the new standard, 4 different sets per tier instead of 12.

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    we arent losing sets just the bonuses
    Actually we are losing the sets and the boni.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    For years, the team has spent all of the art time on making sets for classes, then recolors for the rest of the loot table.
    When you go into the new raid, the new sets will fill like they fit with the Troll, Titan, Corrupted vibe.
    If you want that iconic Paladin look, there are lots of existing sets out there to transmog to.
    The team is adding art variety to the world in this expansion. There will be more options than ever before, rather than a 22nd take on the Priest fantasy.
    What would an Old God themed Paladin set even look like?
    The team will get back to class based art eventually, but for BfA variety is being added.
    There will be one appearance per armor type per zone, but more variety across zones.
    This is the first time that non class set armor will get the full high fidelity treatment. The additional 3D armor pieces and other details that go into the normal Tier sets will be applied to these new sets
    Ion confirmed the ToV set system for BfA. One set per armor type, the same for everyone.

• There will still be unique trinkets and other things only available from raids that are very attractive.
    • There will also be properties on the Heart of Azeroth slots that can only be found in a raid.
    • There will be unique things that affect gameplay that are only from raids still.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Actually we are losing the sets and the boni.
    yeah saw the watcher interview confirming...kinda sad

Quote Originally Posted by zantheus1993 View Post
    yeah saw the watcher interview confirming...kinda sad
    72 unique raid quality designed sets that launch in BfA compared to 57 unique sets with only 41 of them being of raid quality design in all of Legion including Antorus raid sets. Unique PvP sets instead of raid color swaps. Detailed and 3D leveling and dungeon gear. Seems like it could be a positive.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    72 unique raid quality designed sets that launch in BfA compared to 57 unique sets with only 41 of them being of raid quality design in all of Legion including Antorus raid sets. Unique PvP sets instead of raid color swaps. Detailed and 3D leveling and dungeon gear. Seems like it could be a positive.
    Well, we know only about 2 raids in first tier, that's 8 new sets (2 raids * 4 sets per armour type), whereas in Legion 2 raids of first tier had 12 unique sets although they're shared between the two.

I honestly don't think they'll improve quality of quest and dung sets. I'm sure we'll keep getting low buck retextures w/ sorta unique shoulders, hats and belts.

As for PvP sets, they might be unique, but what makes you think they won't be recolours of something else? O_o
    Last edited by ls-; 2017-11-18 at 12:00 PM.

Deleted
    They didn't say anywhere they're applying 3D elements to quest and dungeon gear. In the interview they were specifically talking about raid sets.
    Not even sure from which hat you pulled out the "72 unique raid quality designed sets that launch in BfA" because I know I can already call bullshit on that.

6 zones = 24 sets
    1 raid = 4 sets

How did you get to 72? Even if we add 2 more additional zone sets for the zones that are most likely coming in 8.2 and 8.3 we will have ~ 30-35 "zone" sets. Let's say we're getting 4 raids, that would be another 16 sets. So we'll maybe get 50 sets if we're lucky. In Legion we had 3 Tiers (36 sets) plus the order hall sets (12) plus a bunch of other sets throughout the expansion. So I really don't see any benefit of the new system except the fact that every armour class will look exactly the same which is a bad decision.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarlol View Post
    They didn't say anywhere they're applying 3D elements to quest and dungeon gear. In the interview they were specifically talking about raid sets.
    Not even sure from which hat you pulled out the "72 unique raid quality designed sets that launch in BfA" because I know I can already call bullshit on that.
    This is the first time that non class set armor will get the full high fidelity treatment. The additional 3D armor pieces and other details that go into the normal Tier sets will be applied to these new sets.

From the first page. TYVM for reading.