Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    there wont be a winner, just more or less losses and if anyone would be poised for a killing blow itd be the alliance, since they are the ones that always have compassion and go "THIS TIME I WONT KILL YOU"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Tyrande View Post
    there wont be a winner, just more or less losses and if anyone would be poised for a killing blow itd be the alliance, since they are the ones that always have compassion and go "THIS TIME I WONT KILL YOU"
    Nnnnn.... Did you watch the attack on Undercity? Varian was about to end Thrall, Sylvanas, and the Horde the moment Varimathras hit the floor.

Nah. I think it's the Horde's turn to be "Benevolent". I can easily imagine Sylvanas using a position of power over the Alliance, a moment where she could destroy them, to force them into major concessions rather than killing them off. Peace at one of the -stiffest- of prices, which benefits her (And maybe the Horde, too, depending on how she feels about them by that point) to an extremely lopsided degree.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Yeah I can definitely imagine that sort of story going over really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Nnnnn.... Did you watch the attack on Undercity? Varian was about to end Thrall, Sylvanas, and the Horde the moment Varimathras hit the floor.

Nah. I think it's the Horde's turn to be "Benevolent". I can easily imagine Sylvanas using a position of power over the Alliance, a moment where she could destroy them, to force them into major concessions rather than killing them off. Peace at one of the -stiffest- of prices, which benefits her (And maybe the Horde, too, depending on how she feels about them by that point) to an extremely lopsided degree.
    yes, that was on his more hateful days, before he got upgraded to "good king" back then we had jaina to stop it, she was the "THIS TIME I WONT KILL YOU" person, inf act she was super nice

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by High Priestess Tyrande View Post
    yes, that was on his more hateful days, before he got upgraded to "good king" back then we had jaina to stop it, she was the "THIS TIME I WONT KILL YOU" person, inf act she was super nice
    Oh, absolutely. Jaina's a good strong character who has had a rough journey from "Benevolent Peacekeeper" to "Turns a blind eye to murder"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Squiggit View Post
    Yeah I can definitely imagine that sort of story going over really well.
    Mmm... With the Horde at least! The Alliance would have a whooooole lot of anger about it for the next time the tables turn.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    The Alliance got a huge tech advantage while the horde didn't get anything to offset that. If i was Anduin, my first order would be to start construction on the Vindicaar II and an orbital plattform.
    i don't agree with that, the alliance tech advantage only exist because blizzard conveniently limit horde tech; the horde should have access to most scourge techs trough the forsaken, building flying fortress like naxx, ressing undeads using the original plague, creating undead giant soldiers like the bone golems that patrol icecrown or giant like thaddius ecc.

Also don't forget the Belf magical ability, remember the massive manaforges in outland? All build by belfs, arcane golems, the original barrier that keep silvermoon safe for centuries until it was sabotaged by a traitor etc etc.

If i was sylvanas i would have build a fleet of naxxramas and asked the belf to build an army of arcane golems and blood golem.
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    zero

but no faction gonna win, they will just make the horde look bad and move on like mop
    100% This, No one is going to "win" we will fihgt each other until some evil forced us to work together again.

Tpaartos gonna win this war!

Agreed, provisionally. The Alliance got the Vindicaar, for certain, but the Horde got Ley Line Magic technology and such with ridiculous quantities of refinement. As well as a massive population of mages, many of whom are -ridiculously- powerful on their own terms. Like a society of archmages.

But the Alliance also got Lightforged Golems and Naaru-powered stuff.

Whether Magic or Tech is a bigger boon is anyone's guess.

- - - Updated - - -

A thought tied to that which is kind of a "Holy Shit" moment.

We were able to fight Argus the Unmaker and various super-powered high end beings in large part because of the artifacts we took up, canonically speaking, right?

The Nightborne routinely kicked the shit out of players armed with those same artifacts and made questing in Suramar a ridiculous slog until the artifact knowledge started getting ridiculous.

How freaking powerful -are- the Nightborn, canonically speaking? They're obviously not on the Argus-Tier or whatever, but... damn. To survive several hits with Ashbringer empowered -further- after it was handed off from a dying Fordring...
    yea they dont have the nightwell now so blizzard will just make em as powerful as anyone else. sorry friend.

I think he's at the very least starting to listen to Ner'zhul and think it's his own thoughts while rationalizing away the darkness he's fomenting. Add to that the Cult of the Damned becoming active in Stratholme and other places, and maybe his will was damaged by Arthas and is crumbling under both Ner'zhul and Yogg'Saron.
    Ain't Ner'zhul gone? I mean, after the book with Arthas, it seems that he was pretty much gone due to the events that unfolded in the helmet/mind of Arthas, or have Ner'zhul made a return? O:

7+ Year Old Account
    The game as a whole doesn't benefit from one faction winning this war, from a story/lore point of view.

Deleted
    Zero chance. Nobody wins the faction war. It's just there to stall for time till the true patch emerges two patches from the end and every conflict is forgotten to combine our forces against the bigger threat. As usual. Which is why faction was is bullshit in an mmo.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Zero because the Alliance have to remain the infallible good guys who always win
    Me not that kind of Orc!

Quote Originally Posted by gypsybob View Post
    Zero because the Alliance have to remain the infallible good guys who always win
    It's interesting how both horde and alliance players can be so completely convinced the other faction gets put up on a pedestal by Blizzard while their own gets shat on.

It's interesting how both horde and alliance players can be so completely convinced the other faction gets put up on a pedestal by Blizzard while their own gets shat on.
    Actually, it was always like this, the Horde always starts the conflict and the Alliance wins in the end with the Horde generally having a bad guy betraying them.

The only war the Horde won, was when they fought stormwind, but every Horde vs Alliance conflict ended with the Alliance victory.

and im pretty shure that this is how it will end up, a Horde victory means that the other faction will be wiped out, a Alliance victory means that they will take pity on the Horde , separate them from the ones that betrayed them, let them continue and move on.

Deleted
    It's the same with the sports teams, people like to argue for the sake of it. Just look how many football fans, for instance, belive that referees and even the entire federations are working against their team. They know that's bullshit, but feel more involved that way. No harm in that.

Zero, neither side can "win" due to being an mmo with two factions.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OverFanNisseFrasse View Post
    Ain't Ner'zhul gone? I mean, after the book with Arthas, it seems that he was pretty much gone due to the events that unfolded in the helmet/mind of Arthas, or have Ner'zhul made a return? O:
    It's not 100% clear if he's gone or if he was just gone from Arthas's mind.

That said: The Helmet of Domination -is- Ner'zhul's soul. It's what gave it power and made it work and made it -solid-. It's not his soul tied to a piece of metal that the dreadlords happened to have on hand and pounded into a fashionable hat: They transmuted his essence into the helmet. Bolvar took up the Helmet to control the Scourge, but the only thing that gave the helmet power was Ner'zhul, without him it wouldn't even be a physical object, much less control the Scourge. Since Bolvar can control the Scourge Ner'zhul must still exist... At least 'til some dev clarifies how it all works without him.

That said, I totally accept that I could be WAY off base, here.

It's not 100% clear if he's gone or if he was just gone from Arthas's mind.

That said: The Helmet of Domination -is- Ner'zhul's soul. It's what gave it power and made it work and made it -solid-. It's not his soul tied to a piece of metal that the dreadlords happened to have on hand and pounded into a fashionable hat: They transmuted his essence into the helmet. Bolvar took up the Helmet to control the Scourge, but the only thing that gave the helmet power was Ner'zhul, without him it wouldn't even be a physical object, much less control the Scourge. Since Bolvar can control the Scourge Ner'zhul must still exist... At least 'til some dev clarifies how it all works without him.

That said, I totally accept that I could be WAY off base, here.
    Ooooohhhhh, well that does make alot of more sense that Arthas rather fought off Ner'zhul, and Ner'zhul is still there, also explaning why Bolvar is acting rather-... villainous in the events of Legion's death knight quests, as Ner'zhul have no love for the legion at all. Then again, be tortured and for ever be a living dead undead-.. could made him grumpier.

But I like yours more! I want some sort of a comeback for Ner'zhul! : D

Deleted
    Yeah... That's headcanon and nothing more.

There's never been anything in books, comics, games, or otherwise that has Sylvanas going "I wanna kill everyone! Tralalalalaaaa!" In point of fact it would go -against- her characterization as presented thus far.
    I never got people who say this. Every Forsaken mob i fight in the game says "Death to the living!". Then people like you come and say they are nice and stuff. *shrugs*

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SHUMEGGAH View Post
    The game as a whole doesn't benefit from one faction winning this war, from a story/lore point of view.
    I think it benefits the game alot if it only has one faction in terms of player population and effective developer resource management.

But, no one faction can win because the other can't be erased. Therefore it's just the usual "next time! I tell you... next time!" or they come together and unite as a single faction.
    Either way, aside from a respite alliance and horde are the basis of warcraft. If they made an RTS again, they would return, even if they united in WoW.