Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

An open letter to people who want Modern Features in Classic WoW

If you want Classic WoW, but want Transmog, LFD, LFR, AoE looting, Dual Spec, Heirlooms, Heirloom mounts, flying, etc...

Classic WoW is not for you.

Classic WoW is for Vanilla people who want to re-experience their days of playing WoW for the first time. This is for people who want to go back and see what WoW was like back in 2004. You know what wasn't in WoW in 2004? All the modern features that make your life easier. If you want all those features, then play retail WoW. If you're begging for modern features, you don't want Vanilla WoW. You didn't LIKE Vanilla WoW for what it was, and want it to be streamlined and condensed as a "Safe, kid-friendly, PC" Vanilla WoW. One that isn't so "Hawd and Chawwenging".

If you truly wanted to experience Vanilla for what it is, then expect there to not be any of the quality of life changes, or the conveniences that retail WoW offers.
    If you seriously cannot enjoy or play the game without Transmog or Dual Spec, the sorry, Classic WoW isn't going to be for you. But hey, Retail WoW has all those features. Just play that.

I'm honestly tired of seeing these threads of people not realizing that Classic WoW is meant to be as best a representation of what Vanilla WoW was as Blizzard can make it. I think they're calling it Classic WoW because calling it Vanilla WoW isn't nearly as catchy. But in the end, it's just going to be Vanilla WoW. No bells or whistles. No fanfare or conveniences. Just exactly what Vanilla WoW was before all of the expansions.

And if you don't like that, then too bad, it wasn't made for you. It was made for those players who wanted official, live Vanilla Servers. Exactly as it was before the expansions. No Transmog, no AoE looting, no LFR, no Pet Battles, just pure, basic Vanilla WoW with no bells or whistles. And if Blizzard tries to add Retail Features into Classic WoW, that will surely be it's death.

I hope this didn't come off as too ranty, but I hope some people learn from this post and understand what people want from Classic Servers.
    Isn't it fitting WoW really took a nosedive after 'the Cataclysm'?

oh hey, only the 423rd time this has had an individual thread.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the weirdest tug-o'-war / discussion ever in this forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck off with telling other people what they can and can't want.
    "The Russians can't beat us at anything--they can't even feed themselves." Woody Hayes

Who says classic wow isn't for those people? You? Please...people have no idea what they want, lets just wait and see what blizzard does.

In the end, blizzard will decide what Classic will and wont have. Let people say what they like and what they wont. Blizzard may find that useful. However telling other people, if classic is for them or not, is pointless. Keep that for yourself.

so basically

"REEEEE STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE"

I love vanilla, but I'd love it just a little more if it had dual spec OR cheaper respec costs.

I don't want LFD. I don't want LFR. I don't want heirlooms. I don't want class balancing. I don't want cash shop. I don't want transmog. I don't want instant-60. I don't want nerfed mount costs. I don't want re-tuned boss health or damage or whatever. I don't want flying mounts.

I just want cheaper respec, that's it. Nothing more. That's the one, singular change I would make to vanilla.

But noooo, any changes to the game = "REEEE GO PLAY RETAIL REEEEE", right? Can't have just one or two QoL changes, nope, if you change anything, it will be "retail" overnight!

This is why purists are hated.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-12-18 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    so basically

"REEEEE STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE"

I love vanilla, but I'd love it just a little more if it had dual spec OR cheaper respec costs.

I don't want LFD. I don't want LFR. I don't want heirlooms. I don't want class balancing. I don't want cash shop. I don't want transmog. I don't want instant-60. I don't want nerfed mount costs. I don't want re-tuned boss health or damage or whatever. I don't want flying mounts.

I just want cheaper respec, that's it. Nothing more. That's the one, singular change I would make to vanilla.

But noooo, any changes to the game = "REEEE GO PLAY RETAIL REEEEE", right? Can't have just one or two QoL changes, nope, if you change anything, it will be "retail" overnight!

This is why purists are hated.
    Dont forget to write an open letter to blizzard to disable antializing, texture filters, particle density, ssao, etc cause all this makes the pixels look better than it was 14 years ago, and never been in the original game. Gotta to be hardcore yo.

Literally only hoping for AoE loot as the only QoL thing outside of UI/graphic settings, but will still play if it doesn't happen. Don't disagree that many modern features shouldn't be included, but I always felt AoE loot was just a convinient thing like auto-loot.

"I hope this didn't come off as too ranty" - It did. Obnoxious and a tad narcassistic too, actually.

I want modern graphics..and bug fixes. Hate me.

10+ Year Old Account
    OP you're completely on the money. If someone isn't prepared to walk until level 40 then they don't want to play classic WoW. It's a whole package people.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    i dont care either way

you're a dick though

with no bells and whistles

with no bells and whistles

with no bells and whistle

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post
    Dont forget to write an open letter to blizzard to disable antializing, texture filters, particle density, ssao, etc cause all this makes the pixels look better than it was 14 years ago, and never been in the original game. Gotta to be hardcore yo.
    Also, Blizzard needs to make sure that the servers are specially coded to have tons of lag, and crash often. Oh, and have downtimes for 1-2 days at a time; that's what happened in vanilla after all, so it needs to happen with Classic servers too.

And people need to only play on 2002 PCs running Windows 2000 or XP, and only use 12-15 inch CRT monitors with dial-up, or 256k DSL, and only play at maximum 1024x768 resolution, nothing higher.

Furthermore, you can only have Alliance OR Horde characters on your account, not both. That's how it was back then!

C'thun also needs to be mathematically impossible to kill when released, and stay that way for a month. If they fix him from release, that's NOT BLIZZLIKE!!!

If you don't want to do any of these, then sorry, "Classic WoW is not for you."
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-12-18 at 10:47 PM.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Also, Blizzard needs to make sure that the servers are specially coded to have tons of lag, and crash often. Oh, and have downtimes for 1-2 days at a time; that's what happened in vanilla after all, so it needs to happen with Classic servers too.

And people need to only play on 2002 PCs running Windows 2000 or XP, and only use 12-15 inch CRT monitors with dial-up, or 256k DSL, and only play at maximum 1024x768 resolution, nothing higher.

Furthermore, you can only have Alliance OR Horde characters on your account, not both. That's how it was back then!

C'thun also needs to be mathematically impossible to kill when released, and stay that way for a month. If they fix him from release, that's NOT BLIZZLIKE!!!

If you don't want to do any of these, then sorry, "Classic WoW is not for you."
    Or we could just try to get a Vanilla Blizz-like experience without glaring bugs that Blizzard fixed as soon as they realized they were gamebreaking problems? I hope you're trolling
    Classic WoW Content Creator - Daily Streams and Bi-Weekly Videos!
    Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/staysafetv
    YouTube: https://youtube.com/staysafetv

Sorry but your $15 is equal to their $15.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

10+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Classic WoW is not for Vanilla players only. Blizzard has merely stated they intend to have it as close to the Vanilla experience as possible ... do you understand that doesn't mean it will be 100% alike, they could give you new models and only new models. They could give high def Vanilla world, etc ... Please stop thinking your opinion is anymore valid than others.

This is coming from a person who doesn't really give a crap on how WoW Classic will be.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Fuck off with these threads. You're not the one who decides who can and can't play Classic, and you're in no position to demand we stand by your view on the matter.

Stop being dumb please. These threads are getting old.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Then again..who is in any position to decide? Everyone and their dog and mother makes demands and threads what Classic WoW should be
    Blizzard, we just can voice our opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeyenut88 View Post
    Fuck off with telling other people what they can and can't want.
    Fuck off with trying to change things that weren't intended for you to begin with.

Changeposters are absolute cancer. You are not the reason they are making Classic servers. Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by solarfallz View Post
    Fuck off with trying to change things that weren't intended for you to begin with.

Changeposters are absolute cancer. You are not the reason they are making Classic servers. Deal with it.
    They are making classic servers because it will bring them in more revenue. That is the only reason a business will do something. They don't care about the hardcore players. They will release a version that will get some of both camps.

Thinking this was made for you and your group is vain.