Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account

Can we please get some info on Classic soon....zzz

Its getting really frustrating the lack of info from blizz side on Classic, i understand they want to hype up bfa but just something too keep the Classic fire lit would help them alot, keep the hype up..

at this rate i feel the hype of finally getting a classic server is slowly dying..

I don't think hype is dying. There are more newer players on PS's than ever brfore, all curious.

I joined a leveling guild for fun on an alt, and was amazing how many people were unfamiliar with Vanilla. How spells work. Skills. Where to go for questing. Even had someone ask if all the AH's were shared between Horde and Alliance. Everyone knows the PS server announced they are shutting down the day Blizzard releases Classic (out of respect for Nost), but few players care. My main's guild is switching over day 1.

Few are talking about it, because .. honestly there isn't much to say. But Classic will happen. When? Hey Blizzard is paying top dev's 200k a year, I doubt they are taking their sweet time. I'd guess this year. The gameplay design is already finalized, unlike other games which take years. Plus a Blizzcon announcement implies a release "soon", not years from now.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2018-02-23 at 09:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinneved View Post
    Its getting really frustrating the lack of info from blizz side on Classic, i understand they want to hype up bfa but just something too keep the Classic fire lit would help them alot, keep the hype up..

at this rate i feel the hype of finally getting a classic server is slowly dying..

Why would they give out any info befor BfA is out and they got their money from the box sales? That would be stupid in every way.
    Also, all the info you need about vanilla is already out there. You know what you'll get. There is nothing to talk about, really.

What exactly are they supposed to hype? It's going to be, for the most part, Vanilla WoW. There aren't going to be any new zones, races, classes, etc. The Announcement was the hype.

Hype yourself up. Go back and watch all the old trailers, read all the press releases and patch notes.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2018-02-23 at 09:28 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is years away... They were clear about that. Still don't know why anyone wants to go back to that broken unbalanced mess. But there is no point getting hyped when it is a long way off.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    What exactly are they supposed to hype? It's going to be, for the most part, Vanilla WoW. There aren't going to be any new zones, races, classes, etc. The Announcement was the hype.
    This. What kind of info, besides a release date, could they share that would really create hype? You know what its going to be, its an old game, not a new game.

And Indeed, its still ways off.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just want more info on how original the servers will be, so I can prepare my rant-letter to them if they change stuff xD

I have personally hyped this to the skies and never looked forward to a game release more in my life, due to the fact that Vanilla was the most fun I ever had in gaming.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Absolutely agree on topic creator every day I am looking on wow forums us / de and mmo champion to find any new news about classic. Just a tiny bit on how far the team is, they started development yet? Will it be the same as 1.12 or completely new? etc. In BfA there are so much news every day it wouldn't kill anything to just drop one line for classic as well.

It will be some time before solid info comes in. The announcement at Blizzcon was literally "Yes, it is happening. We're hiring a team to make it happen." so there's your timeline. Give them a few months to build the team they want for it, then another year or so to put together the client, fix the bugs etc. I would expect some info maybe Blizzcon '18 or at some point early '19.

They literally started development 3 months ago, it's gonna be months before they even have something to show.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    It is years away... They were clear about that. Still don't know why anyone wants to go back to that broken unbalanced mess. But there is no point getting hyped when it is a long way off.
    Because people like different things and that's ok. I prefer vanilla to retail by a longshot, but I do enjoy retail as well.

Go play the updated WC3 on the PTR if you want to relive some nostalgia. If you're so desperate to relive Vanilla play on a private server, don't expect any bomb shells before the release of BFA which is on the distant horizon.

Blizzard has not started the hype train for classic yet. You will not likely see much until the BFA train has left the station and BFA is into the first raid to not take money away from the true WoW cash cow. New expansions! I have held firm that this next Blizzcon will be Classic WoW's hype train where they will launch the beta, have playable content and get this hype train on the track and rolling. This is the logical time to get it going, there is no bigger audience then what is at BLizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    Blizz wouldn’t announce something like this at Blitzzcon and not follow through - you’ll only have to wait a little longer

7+ Year Old Account

what are they to talk about? we know what vanilla wow is, also at blizzcon they literally had JUST started devolpment. But they have spoken about it, alittle here and there, but it will easily be another year or two.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Bro it’s only been 3 months

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.

Yeah, I'm sure a venture, that every business analyst would predict isn't going to generate as much revenue as it's going to cost to get going, is a top priority being worked on by top men.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure a venture, that every business analyst would predict isn't going to generate as much revenue as it's going to cost to get going, is a top priority being worked on by top men.
    TRIGGER'd.

Also, there doesnt have to be a 1:1 return on investment for a project to be profitable. Media exposure from fringe projects can often bring in new and old customers and expose these to other products which in turn makes a profit.
    “Listen... Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.” – Dennis

According to the guy who foretold a week earlier which date the BfA pre-purchases started, stated that Blizzard already started hiring for Classic development in May 2017. It makes sense, because Blizzard would've never ever announce anything they weren't sure they would be able to do. So it's further along than 3 months, because that's how development works. You simply don't announce stuff the day you begin it, you usualy wrestle with it for a while beforehand so you don't promise anything you can't deliver on.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    Its not blizzlike to announce something years away on a blizzcon, like if its over a year away, why would they announce it at blizzcon'17?
    I know they said they are getting people and is pretty early on in development, but lets remember this is a game they allready made, so its not like they need 4 years to build something groundbreaking.

Some info drops here and there would be great, like whats the plans on QOL changes are they happening or not? i hope not, but atleast its something that will create more ppl talking about it. what patch are we getting? whats the plan on raids, will all be out at launch or will it be on a set time schedule? is it going to be 1 server or 2? pvp rankings, so many questions... :P