Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    I know this is a pretty unpopular opinion, but I'm going to mess legendaries when BfA comes around. It was annoying to get bad legendaries from bosses and caches, but it was also exciting too. It was kind of thrilling to see orange text pop up, even if it was a shitty piece, and it gave people more of an incentive to go out into the world and do things.
    I felt the exact opposite.

Before the legendary dropped it was excited knowing that i had grinded up my badluckprotection. But when it finally dropped and i saw it was not one of the 2 Bis legendarys i felt like shit because i was now worse off than be4.
    I had traded my precious badluck protection (a potential for an upgrade) for a legendary that wasnt one of the 2 i wanted (wich means it was 100% useless since i can only equip 2 of them, I think a note saying "fuck you loser" whould actually had made me happier than what dropped).

The only loots that made me happy was the 2 that i was actually gonna use for each spec, the 2 best ones. The other 6 or more ruined my day.

I think the mechanic that really drove the nail in here was how i needed to farm more for each legendary, so for each useless legendary i got i knw that the next one whould be further away than be4. like and uphill slope that got steeper and steeper.
    God i fucking hate legendarys....
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2018-03-20 at 01:06 PM.

Deleted
    I most definitely will not miss them.

Effects can be put on azerite gear. Don't need a frustrating RNG system especially with alts.

The old quest for the entire expansion to have the same legendary as everyone else for about 2 months time and then its no longer relevant was a bit flawd in my opinion. Could do better here.
    The legendary system in Legion was also not good, it probably looked good on paper but in reality it didnt shape up to be what they hoped it would. And they have since stated so also.

If they introduce a legendary system close to what we had in Legion I hope they choose to do it in a way where the legendaries arent game breaking op from the start so they have to nerf all the good ones and buff the utility ones to compensate.
    Thats where the problem started where people felt they had to reroll their class if they got 2 "bad" legendaries in the start of the expansion.
    The token system where you get a legendary token for a random class if you have aquired all the legendaries for your class is a good start, however if this was something to be introduced in the start of a future expansion it would have to be like the vendor item you buy where you get a random legendary for your class & spec.
    Maybe less legendaries and allowing legendaries to be as impactful as they are now, maybe it will feel more like a legendary item also.
    I liked the way you could upgrade the item level of exisiting legendaries you had, maybe if they had less legendaries they could make more of a chain of quests to unlock more of your legendaries powers during the course of the expansion.
    Not making the legendaries the central part of it, but quest chains and story telling is what we enjoy so having more of that in something classified as legendary would just fit more. I dont know, it might just be me.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm on the fence about legendaries. They add an exciting element to farming, but at the same time they suffer the same issues as set items. They are more-or-less mandatory, sometimes they have drawbacks you don't want to deal with and they are too hard or impossible to replace/upgrade.
    Last edited by Zka; 2018-03-20 at 02:00 PM.

Deleted
    I know this is a pretty unpopular opinion, but I'm going to mess legendaries when BfA comes around. It was annoying to get bad legendaries from bosses and caches, but it was also exciting too. It was kind of thrilling to see orange text pop up, even if it was a shitty piece, and it gave people more of an incentive to go out into the world and do things.
    Legionaries aren't even legendary in this game anymore. In reality they are rares with orange color.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Legionaries aren't even legendary in this game anymore. In reality they are rares with orange color.
    I don't think it works that way, but okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Overall I disliked the system. You get a bad few legendaries and you start contemplating leveling an alt of the same class for a better chance.

Some of the effects were really cool and useful, and to see those left up to RNG was a big downer. For those who are saying if they just made all of them utility effects it would be better - I disagree. There's a lot to this game and the utility effects are just as important for things like M+ and Mage Tower challenges.

The only positive to me was just that ever present sense of omg I can get something top tier by doing ANY expansion content. I played a lot of Legion, and I got legendaries from: Bling, treasure chests, world rares, world bosses, raid and dungeon bosses and caches, etc... basically all of the possible sources.

But when you look at them now as BFA approaches, you basically are going to have a bank full of oranges you don't necessarily care too much about. They certainly don't feel like they should be put next to things like Shadowmourne, Fangs of the Father or Dragonwrath. These items came with a huge investment and a ton of lore. During the time of those legendaries, I didn't like the system either, but they feel far more "Legendary" and worthy of the orange text than the Legion ones which does anyone actually know the names of all of them? I don't.

I want my legendaries to have a basically a grind enough to show commitment, but nothing insane that takes weeks and months like Fangs/Dragonwrath/Shadowmourne. Maybe a skill-based scenario or two like Green Fire/Mage Tower/ Some of the rogue stealth missions in the Fangs quest, and completion of the questlines associated with the lore maybe a zone or two finished in the corresponding expansion. And definitely like only a few items per expansion - 3 or less.

- Legiondaries definitely took away from the prestige Legendary items once had. They're glorified talents with some stats to make them look shiny.
    - I didn't much mind the acquisition method, as it did take us into the world more, though admittedly the Wakening Essence bit should have been added sooner.
    - The randomness would have been fine if select Legiondaries hadn't been so much better than others.
    - The combination of Legiondaries with the Artifact weapon, Tier pieces and even Relics with the implementation of the Netherlight Crucible was definitely too much. How many perks does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
    - Why can't I transmog Dragonwrath, Blizz pls.

Locking end-game progression behind 100% RNG-fests isn't fun. It was entirely possible that you were done with your legendaries on day 1 of hitting level cap. It was also entirely possible that you did every thing in your power, every moment in game, to get a legendary and never saw a single one - we had a few of our raiders in this position. Constantly ran M+, every week ran Heroic, Normal and LFR raids, every day got their daily chest...6 weeks later, still had no legendaries...or the couple who got really shafted got really bad legendaries.

Meanwhile, anyone who got lucky enough to get 2 had 5 or 6 by the end of the first 2 months.

This is all ignoring the entire point of orange items: prestige. This system shat all over it. Oranges mean nothing to me, now. They didn't work for it, they didn't even try for it. It was handed to them, for free. Zero effort required.

It was a shitty system. Good riddance.

I despise them. They're the biggest reason it's such a pain in the ass to keep up with alts or even switch spec in Legion, and half a year after launch people weren't even saying anything in guild chat when people got one, which really makes the term 'legendary' meaningless.

Deleted
    I don't think it works that way, but okay.
    If everyone is special, that means no one is right?

If everyone has a legendary item, them none of them are truly "legendary"

10+ Year Old Account
    I just blew my own mind about the legendaries system, I am like everyone else not very happy with it. But maybe it's the best thing that's ever happened to WoW. Why? Because it has been a test of what works well and what doesn't, and the abilities that were the absolute best and most fun are returning in BfA.

"Legendary items" should never be DROPPED BY RANDOM MOB/EVENT! Period.

Deleted
    I remember in the start. I got delined for progression due to no legendary. And i farmed very hard after them. Bs system lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    If everyone is special, that means no one is right?

If everyone has a legendary item, them none of them are truly "legendary"
    I agree that the value of legendaries has diminished in Legion but your opinion of it being less special doesn't make it a non-legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

10+ Year Old Account
    The acquisition process suuucked. I still had to choose either run speed boots or "prolong bop, sacrifice" bracers as my secondary Hpala-legendary to equip when raiding Nighthold.

And my Monk pretty much went through all the bad leggies before getting the good ones.

Their gameplay impact spurred discussions, thinking and fun strategies so I'm not opposed to them existing. It just baffles me that they couldn't let us target them a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    I will miss their changes I liked to the skills/spells I liked in the way I liked. I will never miss their distribution, the ongoing grind to get them, the cripled state my chars are in when they don't have them and certainly not the annoying upgrading every major patch.
    The upgrade thing was retarded. It felt like a punishment if you had alot of them. But according to Blizz “it would have been jarring to login one day and suddenly find all your legendaries upgraded”.................... ok? I don’t think a single player would have minded but whatever you say Ion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    And my Monk pretty much went through all the bad leggies before getting the good ones.
    Same with my monk. Literally the 2 I wanted were the last 2 I got. Fun!!

Deleted
    I agree that the value of legendaries has diminished in Legion but your opinion of it being less special doesn't make it a non-legendary.
    By English definition legendaries in Legion are not legendary, epic or rare. In fact they are common.

I didn’t hate the system, because my spec wasn’t very legendary-dependent. Except Velen’s FS, but it did drop rather quickly after it was introduced into the game.
    But for sure I’m gonna miss the effects . Especially Velen’s Future Sight and Prydaz. Also gonna miss the ability to swap them around mid-dungeon (you can’t change talents in m+, but you can swap legendaries to be more effective)

A lot of people will. The system could have been better (and is now), but there's an enormous amount of gameplay effects that will just be gone in BfA and that's a shame.