This automatic system really needs to be reviewed. They can't have it automatically silencing people. My other account has been muted... For saying GG at the end of games, literally the only thing I've sent in the chat for the past 3 months on that account. Likely to get it removed when a GM responds, they should fucking penalize those people who falsely reported it so they'll stop doing that.

I don't know if people noticed this here too, but I noticed it myself for the last few months and others in blizz forums mentioning this more and more.

It's about always having win streak followed by lose streak followed by win streak etc etc... It drives me nuts, it ruins the whole fun of playing...
    It's like constantly, I win 3-4 times, then I lose 3-5 times, win 3 times again, lose 3-4 times, win 4 times, lose 4 times.
    In the last few months I can count on one hand the amount of times I actually had a win/lose/win or opposite or 2 loses followed by win or 2 wins followed by lose.

I hope you got the point anyway, this really is one of the worst matchmaking systems I have ever seen and I am a huge blizz fanboy truthfully, but this is just frustrating the way it works...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    I hope you got the point anyway, this really is one of the worst matchmaking systems I have ever seen and I am a huge blizz fanboy truthfully, but this is just frustrating the way it works...
    if you want to rank up then you have to be better than every player in your rank and you have to be willing to prove it at a moment's notice

you have to be the outlier of a typical match at your rank. it is not enough to be better than the enemy team, you must also be better than your teammates. you cannot let any one player be better than you. since you are the only constant in all your matches, the only thing you can depend on is you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, why are people still talking about Competitive ranking as if it's a progression system you should be able to "climb"? The entire point of the system is to find your proper rank, and keep you there. If you're really that stuck and unable to climb, you need to start to recognize that maybe you're not really that much better than the teammates you keep getting placed with.

I'm sure we've all had matches with that Genji who's mouthing off about "no heals, team can't support", when he's constantly trying to backdoor the team and the healers can't reach him. He thinks he's god-tier and his team is letting him down, but he's the baddie.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Do they make ranked worse with every iteration? I've been placed so incredibly low this season but the usual catchup mechanics arent in place, so Im hovering around gold/plat losing and winning the exact same amount of points, instead of the normal 40-50 sr you gain when they place you low.
    They only had a "catchup" mechanic when they were artificially dumping your rank somewhat at the start of the season, and they stopped doing that several seasons ago. Maybe you aren't "placed low". If you're getting the same points for wins and losses, the system isn't seeing that you're outperforming for your current rank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    According to what?
    Basically everything the devs have ever said about the ranking system. Do you need links or something? I'm sure I've linked to this stuff multiple times since release in this thread.

My friend got dumped in 1990 region and had finished on high plat the season prior, its happened to me this season a whole league below where I finished. My energy to want to play a game thats designed to be against you is running thin, and I'm not going to sit here and try to justify my rank to you, because neither of will believe or care about what the other has to say.
    The point is that if you're going to claim the system is not working, you're going to need some justification for that claim. You claim you should be ranked higher, but your placement and your SR rank changes show otherwise. That you were ranked higher in the past doesn't mean much; you may have been heavily over-ranked. The community may be improving overall while you aren't, for some reason, which SHOULD lead to you downranking.

I find it tedious and downright toxic to have to climb every fucking season, theres a skill plateau for certain roles that prevents you from gaining more SR, you can only do so much in one game, example being, go play Moira, get 3-4 gold medals and you'll still get the same SR as you would have on a Mercy doing the rounds. Low level games just dont have the same level of play that allows you to out perform, its a glorious lie.
    You shouldn't be climbing. That's the point. An active player should be hitting their rank and sticking close to it. The only way you'd be getting placed terrible and then consistently climbing is if you're hosing your performance during placements for some reason.

Case in point; I've posted in the past pretty extensively about my own results, and I was tracking my stats for every match. Last season I took off, and while I've done placements this season I honestly haven't had time for Comp; I've just been really busy lately. But my placements this season stuck me back in about 150 points below my career high, achieved at the end of season-before-last (7). So it's not like the system is dropping EVERYONE way down. My placements have also consistently crept upwards; I tanked my performance way back (like season 2/3) because I was trying to find a groove, but since finding it, I HAVE crept upwards to low Plat, and while it originally wanted to place me down where I was, that's crept up and now I'm placing in high Gold rather than mid silver. I probably won't climb past this point much unless I have time to dedicate to the game, which is unlikely. And I'm comfortable with that.

Maybe you usually play with a friend, but did placements solo? There's gonna be a reason you keep getting placed so low if you can climb back up. And if you're getting equal SR gains and losses, you likely WON'T be climbing much, because the system is saying your performance is in-line with your current rank.

Again its not like I cant climb, I will finish Diamond this season without a doubt, but the energy wasted is encouraging me to not bother playing anymore, Overwatch is trying to turn itself into some Mythic Raiding style commitment, instead of having a system thats actually enjoyable to use, you have a system that encourages you to find loopholes in gameplay (one tricking comes to mind), or just pour all your time into it like its a job.

And since Quick Play is functionally unplayable for anyone above silver, who wants to play a game like that?
    Like I said; this is a you problem, not a game problem. Plenty of people don't have the same experience. I'm one of them. If you're one of a few that this is happening to, the issue isn't the system as a whole. You'd be better served figuring out what you are doing that's getting you placed too low, or if that's really the case.

And I hope it's clear that I don't see rank as particularly meaningful. I'm not trying to say you're "bad" or something for having a lower rank. Just that the system is trying to match people of comparable skill levels. Since plenty of other people aren't seeing what you're claiming, it calls into question what's actually going on.

Retards! Retards everywhere in comp! I swear, I'm lucky to win 1 of 4 games lately and the rest of the time I'm stuck with the mouthbreathing population. Try all you want to coordinate strats/team comp/etc. and nothing works. People trickling in rather than grouping up, picking random characters they're terrible at, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m definitely playing a different season to everyone here. I’ve been doing well, on my way back up in the right direction and for the most part my teams have been nice.

Let’s hope I don’t jinx this.

That said I’ve also been playing less. I’ve been falling in love with the Bitch Queen of the Universe all over again. “I am the Swarm”.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I’m definitely playing a different season to everyone here. I’ve been doing well, on my way back up in the right direction and for the most part my teams have been nice.
    You only hear the wheels that squeak, remember. People that are mostly having fun aren't likely to post to forums about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You only hear the wheels that squeak, remember. People that are mostly having fun aren't likely to post to forums about it.
    Or we just stop playing. I find the match making (or lack thereof) & rank system to be as bad as it's ever been, so don't really see the point in continuing. Having to win two to three matches for every one that someone quits or plays to lose in is tiering. So since it's not fun, I stopped.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I’m definitely playing a different season to everyone here.
    Same on a general basis. Had some crazy shit happen when I got banned for nothing (read: playing Torb and Doomfist well), but I placed Diamond on my smurf account, hovering close to master. Decided to go back to my main account just to see if I had gotten better or if it was a system thing arbitrarily keeping me high and sure as shit I climbed into the 2900's in one day from like 2300. Having trouble breaking the diamond wall as it has way too much history on that account, but I think I'll be diamond fairly soon.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, jinxed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Sombra is Z tier now, literally unplayable, offers nothing at all to a team fight and spends way too much time out the fight trying to get a line for a Hack. Worthless.

Today has not been good.

Bridge-it- is nice.

Might try a support main season soon.

Yep, jinxed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Also Sombra is Z tier now, literally unplayable, offers nothing at all to a team fight and spends way too much time out the fight trying to get a line for a Hack. Worthless.

Today has not been good.
    They are going to have to up her damage since they took away her ult. The entire game plan was to play for the disruption ults. Now she can't do that and she can't do enough damage to count as a dps.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Played my arcade games and got 5 boxes to open in the process.
    First 2 boxes were the usual 3 white and 1 blue.
    3rd box 3 whites and a legendary so i get excited... and its credits.
    4th box 3 whites and a purple, credits again
    5th box 3 whites and a legendary again. Oh look its credits.

haha. You guys still whining about being in the wrong rank.
    Just watched another video featuring you:
    https://youtu.be/u7pJAy-8CfU

I'm so sick of Moiras that never heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm just approaching done with the game. The major factors in winning seem to be who has the better smurf, or who has the Moira that'll heal should there be no smurfs. Since Moira, there's just been bad decision after bad decision on design and balance as well, and this needless nerf to Sombra is I think last straw. Just idiocy, and such obvious idiocy with it. I don't even know. They're too busy fawning over OWL players.

The major factors in winning seem to be who has the better smurf, or who has the Moira that'll heal should there be no smurfs.
    So do you believe people who consistently win and climb in the ranks... just have better luck with smurfs?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squiggit View Post
    So do you believe people who consistently win and climb in the ranks... just have better luck with smurfs?
    I'm not looking at climbing, I've been kicking around 2-2.4k for months, it's obviously where I belong. I'm talking match quality, and it just isn't there because these things have such an overarching impact.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    I'm so sick of Moiras that never heal.
    There is an entire thread here about how players think Moira is a dps healer dual role character. Maybe blizz needs to nerf her damage and up her resource gathering to get the point though to players that she is a healer but I am going to bet even that won’t stop people from using her wrong.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.