Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    It's not like anyone will play the current affliction so why bother?
    Might as well put all the effort into the specs that actually work.
    What changes are possitive? Removing the survivability, movement, most AOE and all burst AOE? Not one change has a positive impact on the spec.
    What spec is most played now hardly matters when they are absolutely gutting the spec in a few month time.
    I get that you really want to whine and cry, but even if by some extreme circumstances you end up right and very few play Affliction, Demonology uses Shadow Bolt too, and is a lot of fun on the alpha so far.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I think they should take Thalkiel's consumption and make it our new shadow bolt animation. Looks cool enough, and we're losing that ability soon.

Should give shadowbolt to demo, and bring back malefic grasp animation for affliction.
    I hope drain gameplay becomes Shadow Priest and Shadow Priest only. At best Drain Soul can be an execute like back in the day, but fuck Malefic Grasp and Drain Soul spam.

Quote Originally Posted by Segus1992 View Post
    I get that you really want to whine and cry, but even if by some extreme circumstances you end up right and very few play Affliction, Demonology uses Shadow Bolt too, and is a lot of fun on the alpha so far.
    No, I do not just want to "whine and cry", thats usually your calling card, I'd say. Demo is better than the Legion version for sure but it's still a turret and the playstyle is rather boring.

No, I do not just want to "whine and cry", thats usually your calling card, I'd say. Demo is better than the Legion version for sure but it's still a turret and the playstyle is rather boring.
    I usually whine, eh? Well ok.

Anyway, saying Shadow Bolt doesn't need an update because only two specs you don't like use it a ton makes at best no sense at all, and at worst is just trolling.

I usually whine, eh? Well ok.

Anyway, saying Shadow Bolt doesn't need an update because only two specs you don't like use it a ton makes at best no sense at all, and at worst is just trolling.
    No, maybe it doesn't. Just venting frustration over the poor class or spec design. Might be a little too off topic here. Sorry.

No, maybe it doesn't. Just venting frustration over the poor class or spec design. Might be a little too off topic here. Sorry.
    Takes a big man to own up to it.

I don't disagree that Affliction is lame on the alpha, but I do disagree about Demonology being boring. So personally I'd really like to see an update, although the current Shadow Bolt isn't THAT bad. It's new since, what, MoP? Honestly I'd rather see Soul Fire Demonbolt be updated.

It's new since, what, MoP?
    That's true of a few things though, iirc destro fire spells had been updated in mop and or wod or something and people were still pretending like they were 11 years old or something.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    That's true of a few things though, iirc destro fire spells had been updated in mop and or wod or something and people were still pretending like they were 11 years old or something.
    Rain of Fire and Incinerate have been the same since TBC/Vanilla, with minor changes to Incinerate's pathing as I remember. Chaos Bolt has been the same since it came in Wrath, no? I feel like those all deserved an update.

Rain of Fire and Incinerate have been the same since TBC/Vanilla, with minor changes to Incinerate's pathing as I remember. Chaos Bolt has been the same since it came in Wrath, no? I feel like those all deserved an update.
    Only CB update was the mini-cb's floating around it for green fire IIRC.

They updated fire spell effects across the board during mop or wod though (for mages iirc, but destro got to benefit from it), they weren't even remotely similar to the vanilla version.

Only CB update was the mini-cb's floating around it for green fire IIRC.

They updated fire spell effects across the board during mop or wod though (for mages iirc, but destro got to benefit from it), they weren't even remotely similar to the vanilla version.
    All I can see that having affected would be Soul Fire, Immolate, Conflagrate, and maybe Rain of Fire. I am almost entirely positive Incinerate hasn't changed significantly, and that (along with CB) is mostly what you see as a Destruction Warlock anyway.

All I can see that having affected would be Soul Fire, Immolate, Conflagrate, and maybe Rain of Fire. I am almost entirely positive Incinerate hasn't changed significantly, and that (along with CB) is mostly what you see as a Destruction Warlock anyway.
    I have to run off to jury duty now (sigh) but you can just look up youtube videos. Not to jump on you but I honestly don't get how this is such a common misconception.

Here's the first video I googled (its a pretty awful video) with some guy testing the updated version: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5cy015ND3A

You can just go look up the old stuff though, it used to be a blurry blob in vanilla and it was updated to have fidelity with the current animation. They don't look remotely similar, its so weird that people think it hasn't been touched.

Wasn't that just a byproduct of the way fire rendered in the game getting an update? I'm really sure I remember that being why all fire spells looked better.

Takes a big man to own up to it.

I don't disagree that Affliction is lame on the alpha, but I do disagree about Demonology being boring. So personally I'd really like to see an update, although the current Shadow Bolt isn't THAT bad. It's new since, what, MoP? Honestly I'd rather see Soul Fire Demonbolt be updated.
    Demo can be debated. I dislike the "turret-like" and lots of pets game play. I much prefer the demo we had in MoP or even WoD actually. Jumping into meta was awesome and with the tier set in BrF, oh what a blast it was.
    It's not so much the class design in the case of demo though, it's more about preference.
    But affli... yeah, that just feels broken. But I'm off topic again.

On topic: Shadow bolts impact does feel a bit weak and dated compared to destros new nukes and I'm sure they'll have to come around to fixing that if the plan on having it as the main filler. More shadow less skull would be better imo.
    And yes, demonbolt is just a pyroblast with a cooler name. Sure could use something more unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Keltas View Post
    Wasn't that just a byproduct of the way fire rendered in the game getting an update? I'm really sure I remember that being why all fire spells looked better.
    Yes, they updated most fire in general (things like the immolate dot effect on the target were not updated iirc) which caused destro spells to be updated. Which is why its silly to say its the same spell effect from 11 years ago, because it isn't.

Deleted

heres a picture of the new animation. it fits the new gameplay of affliction

Quote Originally Posted by myhv View Post
    Didn't it just get the laughing skull animation?
    The laughing skull has been there since Vanilla, they added a new one without the skull in an earlier Alpha build, then reverted to the old one and hasn't been changed since. I guess they're planning a flashier animation and the current one is placeholder.

It's not like anyone will play the current affliction so why bother?
    Might as well put all the effort into the specs that actually work.
    Affliction just won't have Soulflame cheese. So no killing the blobs in Arcway that you skip anyways in higher keys or exploding the bats in BRH.

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    Affliction just won't have Soulflame cheese. So no killing the blobs in Arcway that you skip anyways in higher keys or exploding the bats in BRH.
    It also had its AOE, movement and survivability nerfed to the ground though. It's a rather pointless spec at this point.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valiona View Post
    The laughing skull has been there since Vanilla, they added a new one without the skull in an earlier Alpha build, then reverted to the old one and hasn't been changed since. I guess they're planning a flashier animation and the current one is placeholder.
    Is there a video of that animation they put in during that earlier alpha build?

It also had its AOE, movement and survivability nerfed to the ground though. It's a rather pointless spec at this point.

You're also missing Reap and Draincycles, so any way to game your performance is gone.

I keep expecting more animations and our over due casting animations as well, we got some at the start of alpha and nothing for awhile. I really hope that isn’t it, we already got major shafted when it comes to getting our animations way way way freaking later.