Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    They should expand on the Transmog system actually; more transmogs rewarded from other places, dyes, less restrictions. Anymore ideas?
    Sadly doubt wow can do dyes

Buut as for me

No more armor type restriction bar class specific. So only say tier sets would not be transmoggable on all characters. But a lock could transmog plate for or a warrior cloth. Just illusion magic so not lorebreaking in that sense..Unless pur classes are meant to only enjoy a certain look/style lorewise. In which case wierd.

Let us use grey/white items.. sometimes i enjoy the idea of a simple look and in wow that is VERY hard.

Unlock seasonal items for year round use

Let at LEAST wars make a 2h look like a 1h for those who want a dw 1h fury war.

I never knew people were so mad about t-mog. What a silly thing, which is a full-on choice, to be mad about.

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Blizzard is putting so much effort into the new weapon and armor models for Uldir (along with much of the past content that has came out). All this effort and time is being put into something that majority of players will simple transmog into something else. This kills the dignity and value that was associated behind having a complete set.

Back in classic/BC/wrath/early cata, raiding came with many rewards and one of the more essential aspects to this reward was wearing a full matching set of gear from the latest raid tier. Raids offered not only a character stat reward but also a universal cosmetic reward too. By adding transmog into the game during cata, you're essentially killing motivation for players to pursue any higher level content as someone with all greens could have any appearance he pleases. This is essentially why mythic(old heroic) participation has declined drastically.

Now transmog shouldn't be removed per say, it should simply have a variety of restrictions to it. Something like you need a piece of gear from the current raid in order to transmog that piece into a piece of gear from a previous raid as it doesn't make sense for a player who doesn't raid to have transmogged gear from a raid. There is simply no rational logic in that.
    "I don't like this completely optional feature so it shouldn't exist at all!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    Anal retentiveness
    The term anal retentive (also anally retentive), often abbreviated to anal,[1] is used to describe a person who pays such attention to detail that it becomes an obsession and may be an annoyance to others, potentially to the detriment of the anal-retentive person.

Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
    Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) is a common, chronic and long-lasting disorder in which a person has uncontrollable, reoccurring thoughts (obsessions) and behaviors (compulsions) that he or she feels the urge to repeat over and over.

Ever see a person wash their hands so many times and so vigorously that they bleed all over the sink. That .. is OCD. The crap you described above is just plain being anal.

They are completely different.
    I know what OCD clinical term is..i have some tendencies akin to it via being autistic.

Pretty sure being anal isn't a literal diagnosis eother(and haven't seen or heard it in years) in general use ocd fits..and he DOES seem to have an unhealthy orocculation woth everything looking right/matching.. that IS a potential ocd trait. It is not all about cleaning or washing. It can be about having to have everything be neatly arranged ir look just right and unless JUST RIGHT it drives you nuts.

For the op not saying he IS OCD just that his desire for everything matching is very reminiscent of q potential compulsion an ocd person might have to make things match

One is behavioral .. one is a brain disorder. Very different. Is there something wrong with his brain?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    You guys have little faith on the art department.
    Sure, sometimes they mess up, like in the "toilet shoulders" situation

But in the land of the poor, where everyone is ugly, the person with matching gear is king....always...even with "toilet shoulders"
    Is it still "subjective"?
    You could say that...but in the land of poor...i think it ceases to be subjective.

At least this way the actual recent raid tier sets see use by everyone on the server.
    But what you don't get is that matching gear is by no means exclusive to raiders, even if you ignore the fact that after the second raiding tier of an expansion is released it's usually made quite easy to get the previous tier set due to catch up mechanics, zone wide nerfs and higher level gear, you still have to reconcile that dungeons also had armor sets. Again going back to Cataclysm the Zul'Gurub and Zul'Aman cloth armor set were in my opinion cooler than Tier 11, the crafting set Embersilk Battlegear was a similarly cool set. In both cases I considered tier 11 to be a downgrade. Even then as soon as Firelands was released I was stuck with a mixed set for weeks, again despite progression my visual progression was downwards. There is actually one tier in Cataclysm that I actually had visual progression for and it's Dragon Soul, in no small part because of transmog (otherwise I again would be stuck with mixed and matched gear).

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Would you force someone to starve just so that they would enjoy a shitty meal?

I get that it works in the right environment (Dark Souls), but it's a niche anti-consumer concept that wouldn't work for an MMO.
    It doesn't even work in Dark Souls, most of the time you receive the iconic armor set right off the bat in Dark Souls (aka the Knight armor), most armor sets are dropped in their completion at once and armor has little statistical role in Dark Souls. Again old school MMOs are the only games I can think of that had this peculiar practice of deliberately making visual cohesiveness so hard to come by.
    Last edited by Notshauna; 2018-05-21 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Forgot to include second part

7+ Year Old Account
    Transmog is not going away anytime soon. Besides atleast you can have the freedom to do whatever you want in terms of gear instead of wasting up bag space in your bags and banks with gear that your not going to use.

If you don't like the system. Don't use it or if you dislike what's going on today in WoW then go back to a Classic Server.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyranis View Post
    One is behavioral .. one is a brain disorder. Very different. Is there something wrong with his brain?
    Kinda wondering that actually as this seems to an almost pathological obsession.

And just pointing out the behavioral is not a diagnosis or even often used anymore

Deleted
    Ok, i finally reached exhaustion.
    I never thought i would tire myself out from speaking about transmog. But it happened.

Just my final thoughts.
    Yes, i have the urge to make myself look cool when Blizzard plays the role of abusive father and makes it mandatory to look like a clown.
    I feel "incentive" only, and only then.
    With transmog enabled i dont ever feel the "hurry" or "incentive" to farm a current raid tier set.
    I dont even look at anyone because is all subjective now.
    Its like living in a world where everyone is beautiful. Why look at someone else if i already know this person is acomplished?
    Why look at someone else if there is no information passed to me by simply looking at them?

I pay no attention nowadays because there is nothing to be seen by looking at another person.
    The only thing i learn when i look at another person nowadays is "his/her personal taste".

Its boring IMO.

And btw, is completely possible to design a game without transmog where people dont always look like a clown.
    Just make several sets (dungeons, leveling, quest, pvp, raid) and make them BiS....for your skill cap.
    There, everyone would want to walk in BiS with matching gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Actuallly woth the changes yeeah you will see a war at 35 with tier sets.
    Actually, no. I'm currently leveling a Lightforged Draenei paladin at the moment, and I couldn't transmog the Saltstone vanilla set until I was level 40, which is the level needed to equip those pieces.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaito92 View Post
    Btw. the ammount of correlation of people in this thread saying that is a choice and by that its good and the people jerking off to the removal of master loot is high enough that i am laughing myself into coma
    Don't worry, we'll be fine without you and your passive aggressive ways.

Also theres a typo in your sig.

Ok, i finally reached exhaustion.
    I never thought i would tire myself out from speaking about transmog. But it happened.

Just my final thoughts.
    Yes, i have the urge to make myself look cool when Blizzard plays the role of abusive father and makes it mandatory to look like a clown.
    I feel "incentive" only, and only then.
    Just make several sets (dungeons, leveling, quest, pvp, raid) and make them BiS....for your skill cap.
    There, everyone would want to walk in BiS with matching gear.
    Yet, I would walk around mismatched with my half T20 half T21 some heroic some mythic.

Your either clueless or dumb of you think it all works that way. People find better ways to use gear all the time. Especially now with all the M+ and different difficulty gear.

I run normal and heroic almost every week. I've gotten maybe a full normal set (that I could care less about). Or I had a newer DK set, I would look like I just won the WWF Championship

Hell, thanks to these different difficulty and titanforged etc I'm not running around as a cookie cutter style DPS and can actually have more fun.

If collecting the latest fashion, goofy achievements, etc is purely what drives your motivation for raiding, then there purely is no reason to push the latest content... unless your tired of your old suit. Perhaps Disney Princess Dress up might be a better match...

Alot of raiders are still put for the fun of progression or the stronger gear that makes their epeen look bigger.
    Last edited by Baroclinic; 2018-05-22 at 02:30 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok, keep playing "dress up simulator"
    I just want to let you know that no one cares and absolutely no one looks at your transmog. Because thats the world we live in now.
    But I care. So...yeah.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Uses the W key has no place in this game!

Carries about much weight as the OP has in this thread. It takes nothing from anyone. It doesn't trap anyone into a play style. It gives or takes no power. It is 100% an option that no player can force upon you.

Really.. it means nothing.

Saying it doesn’t belong in the game is a stretch but saying something was lost when it was added isn’t. This WoW generation is overly concerned with vanity items.

Also people who's response to everything is “mah opinion” or “just don’t do it” are the most ignorant type on the forums.
    Last edited by Dormie; 2018-05-22 at 04:12 AM.

Those restrictions sound colossally stupid. People can already only transmog to pieces of gear they have at some point obtained on their account.

I say less restrictions, namely allowing someone who receives a plate drop as a rogue while running old dungeons to still unlock that appearance so long as the item is soulbound to you.

And for that matter, letting players manually soulbind things that aren't normally bind on equip/pickup, so we can transmog to all those neat items like the tailor-crafted dresses, white quality starting zone gear, and bank alt flavor items.

No one in class/bc/wrath/etc ever actually wore full sets with very few exceptions. You'd get enough for your set bonus and the rest would still make you look like a clown suit. Whenever I doubt this fact, I just ctrl-click all my items to see what I'd look like without transmog (fully raid kitted out, 4 piece set bonus), recoil in horror, and never look at it again.

Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-05-22 at 04:09 AM.

As someone who transmogs daily, often multiple times a day, I wouldn't play wow anymore if transmog was removed. Not exaggerating. It's such a huge subscription motivator to me at this point after having been playing for so long. If you want to return to the days of not being able to transmog, then Classic is coming soon. Blizz will never get rid of it from the current live game.

i transmog all my gear into vanilla gear for the nostalgics

Quote Originally Posted by Alright View Post
    Blizzard is putting so much effort into the new weapon and armor models for Uldir (along with much of the past content that has came out). All this effort and time is being put into something that majority of players will simple transmog into something else. This kills the dignity and value that was associated behind having a complete set.

Back in classic/BC/wrath/early cata, raiding came with many rewards and one of the more essential aspects to this reward was wearing a full matching set of gear from the latest raid tier. Raids offered not only a character stat reward but also a universal cosmetic reward too. By adding transmog into the game during cata, you're essentially killing motivation for players to pursue any higher level content as someone with all greens could have any appearance he pleases. This is essentially why mythic(old heroic) participation has declined drastically.

Now transmog shouldn't be removed per say, it should simply have a variety of restrictions to it. Something like you need a piece of gear from the current raid in order to transmog that piece into a piece of gear from a previous raid as it doesn't make sense for a player who doesn't raid to have transmogged gear from a raid. There is simply no rational logic in that.
    Wants: "Ok, I will now work harder at raiding to unlock the good mogs!"
    Gets: "No mogs anymore? Fuck this game, bb"
    Mother pus bucket!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post

woaw….. OP, look at those pictures again and tell me tmog has no place in the game! lol

that Orc from BC is something I was happy to forget and I don't want to see my toon looking like that again.