Page 1 of 2
LastLast

I finally know what the next hero class caster (it NEEDS to be a caster!) should be.

Void Mage.

Come on, it totally fits, and the next expansion can add ethereals so it fits even more. We have done the elements as casters, arcane, fire, frost. Locks have shadow and fire damage and summons, shamans have elemental damage, priests and pallys holy damage...

What's left other than void magic? They area already teasing it in Argus zones, it makes perfect sense for the first ever caster hero class.
    I am impelled, not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

I mean, Shadow Priest already has Void Form and a bunch of other void-y spells. There's your void mage.

Yeah, forgetting about shadow priests may have put a small dent in your theory.

Quote Originally Posted by TLH View Post
    Void Mage.

Come on, it totally fits, and the next expansion can add ethereals so it fits even more. We have done the elements as casters, arcane, fire, frost. Locks have shadow and fire damage and summons, shamans have elemental damage, priests and pallys holy damage...

What's left other than void magic? They area already teasing it in Argus zones, it makes perfect sense for the first ever caster hero class.
    A warlock would be more fitting to have void be a new 4th spec and revamp all the current specs so they don't share abilities...

If mages got a new spec, I'd rather see something like a Blood Mage. There is no cloth tank currently, so it would be a nice twist to have a clothy tank spec as well as evolve the use of blood spells such as... Sacrificing their own hp to mitigate incoming damage, % of hp per damage ability.

This also isn't unique enough to be it's own class.
    We also have plenty of classes currently. I'd much rather see them add onto each of the existing classes and expand each one to have a 4th spec.
    Trap based rogue, blood mage, Caster bone-based deathknight, Javelin based warrior, etc.

There is plenty to expand on, they just need to listen to the player base which has been suggesting these things for years and implement them.
    Right now, we are getting a lot of "new shiny" by being flooded with allied races.

Spellbreaker would be cool. Would make sense since wow is moving to a way between all the schools of magic

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    I mean, Shadow Priest already has Void Form and a bunch of other void-y spells. There's your void mage.
    People said this about demon hunters because warlocks already had demon form and a similar theme.

Yeah.. I'm going to ignore the rather obvious oversight with shadow priest already existing. I'd rather they come up with a few extra specs for classes and before people start, no, not every class should get a shoehorned in spec. Some classes though have playstyles that could be explored, among them Mage with a battle mage variant (based on spellblade alluriel for example). I wouldn't go for tank though, since I feel we have enought of these already, adding more isn't helping,really. I'm sure there are some other classes that have sensible openings as well, I mean there were shadow hunters present in the hunter order hall, having it just as bonus spec would be fair imho, that way they could also play more with dot style hunter that they killed when they made SV melee. I'm certain alot of warriors wouldn't mind a gladiator spec with sword and board either that doesn't rely on comical 2h swords. It would be DPS obviously, as - again - this game doesn't need more tanks.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2018-07-23 at 06:42 AM.

What about a Necromancer hero class?
    Shadow (classic undeath, Banshees & classic Val'kyr)
    Holy (looking at you Calia, also holy Val'kyr and Valarjar)
    Nature/Decay (looking at you Kul'Tiran druids of Drust heritage, maybe a some of Helya's Kvaldir's too).

It could have another name (Witch/Witcher haha, or maybe Soulbinder? Remember those AU draeneis?)

That would make use of the recent development around undeath : Odyn's & Helia business, Sylvanas & Calia and how undead might be the prime counters against the Void.

Perhaps it could make use of some unique "spectral game play"

We have two and only two missing class types:

Ranged Tank and Melee Healer

Ranged Tank is out of the question - but I'd like to see how well a real non caster melee healer would go.

They literally have to melee attack their targets to transfer the wounds to themselves and then use other abilities to heal themselves. Stamina would be their primary stat.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    Demon Hunter ripping spells from a few other classes to make them their own says hi.

o.t., there has to be something more exciting than a void mage.

Void Mage.

Shadow is Void. Void is Shadow.

Shadow Priests are Void Mages.

5+ Year Old Account
    Void Mage.

Of course Edwin would want void magic.

I'm onto you Edwin Odesseiron.

~shakes fist~

Edit: I've thought of this myself I mean you do see Twilight's Hammer with Spellcasters using shadow-variants of existing spells such as Dragon's Breath and it would be interesting if you could... glyph into those spells or something but I honestly agree that Priest already fills this niche.

I wouldn't mind another shadow class that was melee or not a caster... Dark Ranger maybe (?)
    Last edited by Arcene; 2018-07-23 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ordaine View Post
    A warlock would be more fitting to have void be a new 4th spec and revamp all the current specs so they don't share abilities...

If mages got a new spec, I'd rather see something like a Blood Mage. There is no cloth tank currently, so it would be a nice twist to have a clothy tank spec as well as evolve the use of blood spells such as... Sacrificing their own hp to mitigate incoming damage, % of hp per damage ability.

This also isn't unique enough to be it's own class.
    We also have plenty of classes currently. I'd much rather see them add onto each of the existing classes and expand each one to have a 4th spec.
    Trap based rogue, blood mage, Caster bone-based deathknight, Javelin based warrior, etc.

There is plenty to expand on, they just need to listen to the player base which has been suggesting these things for years and implement them.
    Right now, we are getting a lot of "new shiny" by being flooded with allied races.
    Warlocks have as much in common with the void as paladins

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    We have two and only two missing class types:

Ranged Tank and Melee Healer

Ranged Tank is out of the question - but I'd like to see how well a real non caster melee healer would go.

They literally have to melee attack their targets to transfer the wounds to themselves and then use other abilities to heal themselves. Stamina would be their primary stat.
    We have a melee healer. Fistweaving Mistweaver.

I agree with the point of the OP that the next class released needs to be focused on range since a ranged class hasn't been added to the game since Vanilla.

As for ranged tank, that may be possible via a tinker class.

Quote Originally Posted by unbound View Post
    We have a melee healer. Fistweaving Mistweaver.
    No - that's a healer that stands in melee (the healing spells are ranged as all current healers are).

I'm talking about a melee healer - think of a rogue that attacks party/raid members to take their damage and then uses personal abilities to heal himself.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Enclave View Post
    Warlocks have as much in common with the void as paladins
    That is a pretty ignorant comment.
    Paladins are all about the light and such.
    Warlocks use fire/fel/shadow magics, curses, rip open portals summoning all kinds of creatures.

If anything, they are the class that would make the most sense to use void. Void is also comparable to using fel magic. You must maintain constant control over it otherwise it will take over and control you.
    So please do explain how they aren't related :P

Deleted
    I'd think that a logical 4th spec for Mages would be Chronomancer, healing spec that heals by reversing time to before they were wounded.

Spellbreaker cloth tank could be cool too though that would mean giving Mages shields (or making an off-hand item that looks like those massive shields the Spellbreakers in WC3 had).

I personally think that it would be a good goal for the next expansion to add specs to currently 1-role classes to give a 2nd role.

The next ranged class should be a genuine (petless) archer. WoW one of the only fantasy games ever to only have a single archery class.

Archer would make no sense, since its IS a hunter without the pet and thats already possible. My money is on tinkerer.

Quote Originally Posted by aere1985 View Post
    I'd think that a logical 4th spec for Mages would be Chronomancer, healing spec that heals by reversing time to before they were wounded.

I personally think that it would be a good goal for the next expansion to add specs to currently 1-role classes to give a 2nd role.
    Agreed, Chrono would be a perfect fit. And void sounds cooler for a tank warlock spec, something like opening small blackholes to redirect attacks away from you? Or merge with your voidwalker? Rogue probably tank too, which leaves Hunter as another healer? Dunno how that'd work... Spirit Beast spec? :V