Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Yes, after struggling within 4.0 and 4.1, I decided to unsub and was unsubbed during whole 4.2. Resubbed in 4.3.

Reason? Nothing to do. Dungeons and raids were ruined due to being overtuned and class mechanics being overnerfed. Hour-long dungeons with raid difficulty caused half an hour long queues. One-shot mechanics meant just one mistake = graveyard run. No room for mistakes - game turned into graveyard-runner online. Tanks and healers didn't fulfill their roles - tanks neither soaked any damage, nor generated any threat, healers wasn't healing anything - they were just dpsers, that voluntary gimped themselves. Also casters, that were going OOM after killing just one mob after reaching 83-84lvl. Overall atmosphere was extremely toxic due to this facts - players hated each other, was leaving dungeon after even small mistakes and if they didn't like anything about their party. They were needing everything to cover repair bills or because they thought, that their party members didn't deserve any loot. They were stopping doing anything, till player X wouldn't leave. Raids? Mmm... They just wasn't available on my server. Zero raids. After about 2-3 raids constantly available during WotLK - just plain zero. And when 4.2 was released, all it offered - was location, where I encountered well known no-flying claustrophobic design for the first time in my life. It was just unbearable for me.

4.3 was good though. Stat increase covered overnerfed class mechanics. Three new dungeons with great design and replayability. And LFR. Only bad thing about it - Blizzard, refusing to implement MS>OS loot system, telling us their BS about, for example, Str items being possible updates for Huntards, that never happened in reality.
    Your memory about the class mechanics is completely wrong. Tanks did more threat and had way better defensives than in WotLK, and EVERY Dps spec worked a lot better mechanically than its counterpart did in WotLK. Dots scaling with Haste was possibly the biggest mechanical improvement classwise in the entire history of the game. Cata was the first expansion with anything close to proper classbalance (outputwise). Casters most certainly did not go oom unless you forgot to use your manaregen spells (Shadowfiend, Evocation, Life Tap etc,etc).

The only roles that had a harder time than in WotLK, were Healers, and that was only because of mana issues the first few months. Their actual toolkit, spells and cooldowns were a lot stronger than in WotLK.

The first half of Cata was the perfect expansion imo. Out of everything they did since then, the only thing I would have added was M+ and forced MS loot prio (I believe everybody could still roll for everything that dropped at that point, unless that was WotLK, I know MS prio was there in MoP atleast). Yes, MoP style grploot is vastly superior to PL.

The latter half of Cata, aka 4.3, is the reason why the expansion is remembered as one of the worst today. 4.3 was probably the single laziest Major patch Blizz has ever done, possibly only beaten by the Selfie patch in WoD. Dragon Soul was a boring raid with tons of reused models turned slightly bigger as bosses, and the 3 new dungeons were complete dogshit compared to the both the original Cata 5mans and the ZA/ZG remakes, both of which were irrelevant at this point.
    Last edited by ThrashMetalFtw; 2018-08-09 at 02:22 PM.
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "Mythic is a difficulty of dungeons and raids. Introduced with Warlords of Draenor, it is the new cutting edge difficulty, replacing the position of Heroic raid difficulty.[1] In Patch 6.2, Mythic mode was expanded to include 5-man dungeon instances." Interesting....
    I'm pretty sure he meant heroic raiding, which indeed became a major thing in Cata Well.. technically ToC introduced toggle-able difficulties, but who's splitting hairs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. The only times I've voluntarily unsubbed was during 6.2 and 7.1.
    6.2 because I got bored because my guild had stopped raiding for the expansion.
    7.1 because I had surgery and couldn't properly play for about 2 months.

Nope, played the whole way through, like a big boy.

no I actuallyl iked cata for the most part

I did unsubscribe in MoP though because they basically ruined sub rogue.

Deleted
    I did at some point, been to long to remember the exact reason however. If for anything it would have been rift or guildwars.

Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    nSo, did you unsubscribe during Cataclysm? And if YES, why?
    Yes. Because my dad died. I'd have liked to have kept going, it was Ragnaros 25 hc progress and we were getting there. But IRL > wow.

I did unsub quite early into the expansion, the guild I had been playing with which was all friends dissolved due to a girlfriend healer (yes... for real...) pretty sure if league did come out around then, that would have been a reason why I didn't bother to continue with the expansion as a lot of us did shift to league for a long time, I only resubbed again in the MoP pre-patch.

Deleted
    Yes, half way in I unsubscribed.

The re-done zones were fun but the endgame sucked balls.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "Mythic is a difficulty of dungeons and raids. Introduced with Warlords of Draenor, it is the new cutting edge difficulty, replacing the position of Heroic raid difficulty.[1] In Patch 6.2, Mythic mode was expanded to include 5-man dungeon instances." Interesting....
    You know very well what he meant. When using the term "Mythic raiding" to talk about the past, it refers to whatever the hardest raid was at the time:

Normal in Classic and TBC, HM/HC from WotLK to MoP, and Mythic since WoD...
    They're (short for They are) describes a group of people. "They're/They are a nice bunch of guys." Their indicates that something belongs/is related to a group of people. "Their car was all out of fuel." There refers to a location. "Let's set up camp over there." There is also no such thing as "could/should OF". The correct way is: Could/should'VE, or could/should HAVE.
    Holyfury armory

I briefly unsubbed at the start of the expansion, just because I wasn't happy with the revamped world at first. I came back near the end of 4.0, though, and raided the rest of the expansion other than a customary 4-6 month end-of-expansion break.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

Quote Originally Posted by frogbound View Post
    I unsubbed because the only good thing about Cataclysm was Firelands.
    I played RIFT and SWTOR instead and had a ton more fun than the garbage Cata was.
    Heresy!

T11 with BWD, BoT and TotFW was one of the greatest raid tiers of all time, easily rivalling Ulduar, Firelands, Throne of Thunder, Blackrock Foundry, Nighthold or whatever else people consider to the in the "greatest raids" category.
    Holyfury armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Played it whole since I subscribed for annual pass and D3. Still a great expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Loeko View Post
    Hi guys,

I have seen a few people say that the number of players decreasing in Cataclysm was only caused by external factors (League of Legends, etc...). I personally have troubles believing that but I thought that the best way to get as close as possible to an answer would be to the ask you, the community.

I am not creating this poll to discuss if Cata was or not the worst expansion WoW has ever had. If you want to discuss that, feel free to do so on this post : https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...t-in-your-mind

So, did you unsubscribe during Cataclysm? And if YES, why?

Edit: I wanted to create a real poll but it seems like I'm a damn noob that can't figure out how to do so...
    Yes. Wanted to level a Worgen and found they turned leveling into a complete joke of a game... even without heirlooms I was leaving zones half way through, and abilities like Aimed Shot were 1 shotting enemies.

I had a recent phenomenon with the recently released game Ni No Kuni 2 - when I got it, the game was so stupidly easy that I lost all desire to play it after about 10 hours. They then patched in more difficult modes, and since playing on Expert, I've been loving it. It isn't even necessarily hard, just that it asks you to pay attention and engage in the game's systems.

Deleted
    I have unsubscribed during every expansion. I don´t think it says anything about the quality though... Who in their right mind stays subscribed for every single day of every expansion?

Yes, I permanently unsubscribed from WoW back during Cataclysm. It had gotten to the point where it was no longer possible to ignore how much poorer Blizzard's writing in general had become.

My only involvement with WoW these days is usually to just cluck my tongue and shake my head at how much worse it continues to get. The most recent expansions in particular have only given me further cause to believe I made the right decision, much as I occasionally miss the idea of just tooling around in the world of Azeroth.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Nope. There was plenty to do in Cata according to the standards we had back then, and I had a great time in spite of Dragon Soul having a disappointing ending. I briefly unsubbed in MoP because work & football collided way too much with WoW, and I most definitely unsubbed in WoD because there was nothing to do outside of raiding.

Yes, because of SW:TOR. I loved Cataclysm, though. Had a great time there with my guild, but somewhere during Dragon Soul heroic progress, SW:TOR got released, and it was something fresh and new, so we all stopped playing WoW and started playing SW:TOR. I think Cata was probably the most fun i've ever had playing WoW. Great raids aswell, me and my guildies still laugh about some of the encounters and their quotes. "MUSTN'T KEEP THE MASTER WAITING, MUSTN'T FAIL AGAIN!".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    I have unsubscribed during every expansion. I don´t think it says anything about the quality though... Who in their right mind stays subscribed for every single day of every expansion?
    You do if you have an active raid group and want to keep your raidspot.

Yes, but that was simply because I was playing for like 2 years straight 24/7 and just got bored. Wasn't about the game being bad or something like that.

If anything, I was discouraged because I was bad. Warrior in cataclysm was actually made quite a hard class, at least comparatively to what it used to be in Wrath and I was a bit frustrated I could no longer perform on high enough level. I was in a pretty decent heroic guild (which was the highest level back then) and could no longer pull my weight.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2018-08-09 at 03:24 PM.