Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    only NE tho

- - - Updated - - -

so i will start the hashtag now #slyvdidnothingwrong
    or is it too soon
    Like 1 or 2 NE. She's a very hands off goddess (with the expectation of fucking wildlife clearly)

7+ Year Old Account
    so i will start the hashtag now #slyvdidnothingwrong
    or is it too soon

how the NE knew that is beyond me.
    I guess #MHGA doesnt really have the ring to it does it :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ragemv View Post
    No it is not overly dramtic lines. In before the storm, she touches azerite and sees a future, a dream for her, of all races killed and raised as forsaken and she rules over them as a not just a warcheif but a godess of death. THAT is her own thoughs that is not a night elf who said that, it was not a High shaman who assumed so. that was her own ideas and dream
    Ive got Before the Storm but havent read it yet. Will give a read then report back. gimme a coupla days

Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    And why would he? If he had refused, he'd be branded a traitor and the tauren probably would've been thrown out of the Horde. He was fully aware of the plan, and was clearly not against it. He didn't know about Teldrassil getting burned down however.
    Even Sylvanas because it was not planned
    If Saucroc had killed or even jailed Malfurion...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Genkisei View Post
    That is called a realization.
    no, because from her prospective all the horde had the same mindset as sylv.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

No it is not overly dramtic lines. In before the storm, she touches azerite and sees a future, a dream for her, of all races killed and raised as forsaken and she rules over them as a not just a warcheif but a godess of death. THAT is her own thoughs that is not a night elf who said that, it was not a High shaman who assumed so. that was her own ideas and dream
    Don't forget the comic where the void tells Alleria that Sylvanas wants to murder everyone.

I'm of the opinion that Elune, as a goddess, sees a much bigger picture. Baine is clearly not happy with this situation, but he is where he needs to be right now, and with him, the Tauren. It could be that having the Tauren leave causes greater issues down the road, especially with the Old Gods looming in the picture and Azeroth being critically wounded. Sylvanas is going to keep piling up excesses to the point where the Horde as a whole is going to have to act.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    Don't forget the comic where the void tells Alleria that Sylvanas wants to murder everyone.
    Should we really give any credence to the void? Ya know, that thing that sorta created the old gods. That thing which only ever gives half truths? The anti-thesis to the Light? (without which the Light cant survive though (fakn ying yang))

10+ Year Old Account
    I genuinely want to see Hamuul go berserk against Sylvanas. I would pay money to see that cinematic.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

Quote Originally Posted by BadguyNotBadGuy View Post
    Should we really give any credence to the void? Ya know, that thing that sorta created the old gods. That thing which only ever gives half truths? The anti-thesis to the Light? (without which the Light cant survive though (fakn ying yang))
    I forgot the name of the short story that featured Alleria experimenting and learning about the void just prior to the Army of Light invading Argus. The Void is neither 100% true, nor 100% false. And in a similar fashion, the Light is not fully accurate either.

In this case, combined with some of the other things that are going on, it seems accurate that Sylvanas wants to probably kill everyone. The half-truth part is probably where the Void neglects to mention that she wants to resurrect everyone as Forsaken. There are hints in "A Good War" that Sylvanas has hidden plans, and that the reasoning she gave in that story may not be her actual reasons for starting the war, since it was indirectly stated that Sylvanas is keeping things from Saurfang, and we only know of her plans and intentions through his perspective.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrysis View Post
    I forgot the name of the short story that featured Alleria experimenting and learning about the void just prior to the Army of Light invading Argus. The Void is neither 100% true, nor 100% false. And in a similar fashion, the Light is not fully accurate either.

In this case, combined with some of the other things that are going on, it seems accurate that Sylvanas wants to probably kill everyone. The half-truth part is probably where the Void neglects to mention that she wants to resurrect everyone as Forsaken. There are hints in "A Good War" that Sylvanas has hidden plans, and that the reasoning she gave in that story may not be her actual reasons for starting the war, since it was indirectly stated that Sylvanas is keeping things from Saurfang, and we only know of her plans and intentions through his perspective.
    I actually believe some of that is covered (or at least mirrored) in the quest chain with Alleria on Argus too.

But in this sense i find it hard to believe that half of the missing truth is simply that sylvanas wants to resurrect everyone, since from the point of the living (as in, from the point of the reader :P) that doesnt really matter since everyone is dead anyway. So from a narrative perspective, i assume there is more depth to whats gonna happen (or at least i hope).

The perspective that blizz have so far woven around sylv is that she is planning very far ahead into the future, stumping Saurfang in the process (which I thought was weird from blizz (veteran of so many wars, and portrayed as a short sighted idealist)), so though for absolute sure Sylv has her own agenda, which may or may not be straight up evil, i think blizz are gonna weave her to be ultimately the "necessary evil" or "the outcome justifies the means" type character. Which I am all for, cos that would at least make the story interesting if blizz dont fuck it up with a buncha deus ex machinas

Deleted
    how the NE knew that is beyond me.
    I dont think The NE comment is based on that Knowlege. but mroe the fact. ANY person should be able to see, her plan is Death to everyone.

Deleted
    Taurens should for once show why they are part of the Horde and kill some Alliance ass instead of crying for peace all the time.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2018-08-10 at 11:35 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    implying she is even real

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Raising dead soldiers to do her bidding as undead puppets is necromancy..
    Hunters are necromancers aswell then?

They keep reviving dead pets to do their bidding aswell

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    Hunters are necromancers aswell then?

They keep reviving dead pets to do their bidding aswell
    Yes, they are actually the first necromancers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The World View Post
    And why would he? If he had refused, he'd be branded a traitor and the tauren probably would've been thrown out of the Horde. He was fully aware of the plan, and was clearly not against it. He didn't know about Teldrassil getting burned down however.
    Exactly. Also if you've read Before the Storm you would know that Baine was on "thin ice" after Sylvanas had found out he was keeping touch with Anduin.
    He had to follow orders or else he and prob a lot of tauren would die.
    No one knew about Teldrassil. Not even Sylvanas. She made that decision seconds before buring it down.

Can we stop with that whole "service of death"/"making life her enemy" and all that bullshit. Those are just overly dramatic lines spoken by night elves in an already very dramatic situation.

Baine wanted to find out from Saurfang what the plan was and whose plan it was. Once Saurfang confirmed the plan is his, that was Sufficient for Baine to trust in the mission of the army.

And tauren and nelves have fought and killed each other before, this time the scale was just bigger, so personally i dont see a reason why anything would change from a divine perspective... but then again it is blizz writing it
    uh actually... in a few instances now sylvanas has literally said that her goal is to kill everyone and level everything so that she can raise them as forsaken.. so it IS being lead in the service of death.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mu'Sha is not a god for the Tauren. It is one of the Earthmother's eyes.

Where was the earthmother when the Tauren were being wiped out by Centaur for 1000 years?
    Me not that kind of Orc!

As always you're "embellishing" things. Sylvanas said it'd let her kill on a larger scale. Not that she'd kill all races, let alone that this is a dream of hers. You added that one on your own. After you pulled it from the nether. She also said it'd allow her to be a goddess of death and creation, not just death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    Just looking at the devastation the Horde has wrought upon Elune's most ardent worshippers, it's hard to imagine her not taking sides in the faction war when the Horde is being lead in the service of death. And yet still, the Tauren remain.

Baine seemed to sneer knowingly as the Horde set out to "Silithus" in A Good War, but he didn't stop Tauren braves, shamen and kodo riders from joining the assault on the Kaldorei either. Will the people of Mulgore still walk in Mu'sha's light? Or have they scorned her and fallen from favor?
    The races of the lands have praised Elune (Mu'sha), Earthmother, Light (An'she) and others for years upon years. The Night Elves were not the only ones devout in serving their religions and blessing has been given to them, even though battle was formed between two or more races of the same connection.

I believe Mu'sha is like An'she, if you believe your cause to be righteous and just for your people, then you may grace yourself with the blessing. The Scarlet Crusade, after all, had the blessing of light even though their cause were horrible too.

Night Elves have fallen but why would a divine creation forsake the some of the last people praising it as well? If the Tauren were scorned, then there would be even less worshippers. Even less chance to justify existence.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I actually believe some of that is covered (or at least mirrored) in the quest chain with Alleria on Argus too.

But in this sense i find it hard to believe that half of the missing truth is simply that sylvanas wants to resurrect everyone, since from the point of the living (as in, from the point of the reader :P) that doesnt really matter since everyone is dead anyway. So from a narrative perspective, i assume there is more depth to whats gonna happen (or at least i hope).

The perspective that blizz have so far woven around sylv is that she is planning very far ahead into the future, stumping Saurfang in the process (which I thought was weird from blizz (veteran of so many wars, and portrayed as a short sighted idealist)), so though for absolute sure Sylv has her own agenda, which may or may not be straight up evil, i think blizz are gonna weave her to be ultimately the "necessary evil" or "the outcome justifies the means" type character. Which I am all for, cos that would at least make the story interesting if blizz dont fuck it up with a buncha deus ex machinas
    I think a "ends justifies the means" ending would be counter to the message that they've established with most of the characters. It would be too hard of a pill to swallow. My own preference is that Sylvanas keeps sliding down that slope until the Horde is about to rebel, and then Bolvar swoops out of Northrend and scoops her up for the Scourge. It would be a fitting irony, and it could be used as a launching point for a scarier and more interesting Scourge story. Bolvar seems to be leaning more towards that morally grey anti-hero, whereas Sylvanas just seems to be mustache twirling. Also, it's hard for me to think highly of anyone who looses their temper so easily.