Page 1 of 2
LastLast

100 reps achiev - regrinding pre-existing reps viable?

Good afternoon.

I have a question i'd like to sort out since reading other posts etc. provides info that's split pretty much 50-50.

100 reputations achievement. Let's say right now i'm on 96. Steamwheedle Cartel 4 reputations are at hatred.

Here is the question: if i farm those 4 reputations to exalted again (it was already exalted before i farmed pirates) will i get the "100 reputations" achievement?

Thank you

yes you have to have 100 exalted reputations on your character at the same time

Who farms bloodsail after farming steamwheedle
    But yes, as mentioned above that would indeed be sufficient for the achievement.

I urge you to use cloth turn ins at ratchet, gadgetzan and everlook to reach neutral, then grind pirates in Tanaris until exalted so you don't lose your bloodsail rep
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    I'm guilty of this too, but it was more I had everything at Revered already so it wasn't much effort to get those 4 to exalted. I had the old ZG Rep though
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2018-09-02 at 09:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    You should do, yes. So long as you do it while keeping Bloodsail at exalted.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    But yes, as mentioned above that would indeed be sufficient for the achievement.

I urge you to use cloth turn ins at ratchet, gadgetzan and everlook to reach neutral, then grind pirates in Tanaris until exalted so you don't lose your bloodsail rep
    If he turns in cloth he will lose Bloodsail rep according to https://www.wowhead.com/quest=9266/making-amends

Quote Originally Posted by Kotan View Post
    If he turns in cloth he will lose Bloodsail rep according to https://www.wowhead.com/quest=9266/making-amends
    Seems you're right. I was under the impression that only Booty Bay cloth turn-in reduced Bloodsail reputation, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    You should do, yes. So long as you do it while keeping Bloodsail at exalted.
    Is this even possible anymore? didnt they change dm north so freeing the goblin no longer gives rep?

And all other sources of rep gives negative rep with opposing factions so...
    AS far as i know, there are no longer any way of getting exalted with both bloodsails and goblins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krakozjubr View Post
    Good afternoon.

I have a question i'd like to sort out since reading other posts etc. provides info that's split pretty much 50-50.

100 reputations achievement. Let's say right now i'm on 96. Steamwheedle Cartel 4 reputations are at hatred.

Here is the question: if i farm those 4 reputations to exalted again (it was already exalted before i farmed pirates) will i get the "100 reputations" achievement?

Thank you
    I believe you will not get the achiev. You need to have 100 current exalted factions. AS far as i know anyway.

Im at 95atm... gonna be 99 when im done with the bfa factions.

Then i gotta choose between either ravenholt or the pvpfaction in legion... and both are complete aids to farm.
    Last edited by Aphrel; 2018-09-03 at 12:24 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    Is this even possible anymore? didnt they change dm north so freeing the goblin no longer gives rep?

AS far as i know, there are no longer any way of getting exalted with both bloodsails and goblins.
    Did it myself a few months back. (Proof: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...ula/reputation) Just farm the south sea pirates in Tanaris in a group of 5 people for a couple of days. And find a few dozen movies to watch while doing it.

Did it myself a few months back. (Proof: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...ula/reputation) Just farm the south sea pirates in Tanaris in a group of 5 people for a couple of days. And find a few dozen movies to watch while doing it.
    So killing pirates no longer gives -rep with bloodsail?
    Is the same true with killing goblins? So i could go farm booty bay for bloodsail rep without loosing the 4 factions i have?

10+ Year Old Account
    Is the same true with killing goblins? So i could go farm booty bay for bloodsail rep without loosing the 4 factions i have?
    yes. thats how its been for a long time now.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

10+ Year Old Account
    It’s just these pirates that have a dock behind the Caverns of Time (At least I think it’s there). They were added in Cata and they’re not affiliated with the Bloodsail.

There’s also the desert bandits, also in Tanaris. But nobody seems to farm them seriously.

Killing steamwheedle goblins still makes the goblins hate you.

It’s just these pirates that have a dock behind the Caverns of Time (At least I think it’s there). They were added in Cata and they’re not affiliated with the Bloodsail.

There’s also the desert bandits, also in Tanaris. But nobody seems to farm them seriously.

Killing steamwheedle goblins still makes the goblins hate you.
    i can assure you, there were pirates there in vanilla :P

Hmm, so i have to farm bloodsail to exalted then start from scratch on the goblin reps? :S
    ugh.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

I believe you will not get the achiev. You need to have 100 current exalted factions. AS far as i know anyway.

Im at 95atm... gonna be 99 when im done with the bfa factions.

Then i gotta choose between either ravenholt or the pvpfaction in legion... and both are complete aids to farm.

It's absolutely possible, get Bloodsail exalted then farm the pirates in tanaris, they give you steemwheedle rep without loosing bloodsail, but it takes an insane amout of time :P
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    It's absolutely possible, get Bloodsail exalted then farm the pirates in tanaris, they give you steemwheedle rep without loosing bloodsail, but it takes an insane amout of time :P
    well. at 99 exalted its either that or the last 21k rep with ravenholt pickpocketing...
    i wonder what takes the longest :S
    I guess theres also the legion gank/pvp faction.

Ravenholdt has the added bonus of insane title thou

10+ Year Old Account
    well. at 99 exalted its either that or the last 21k rep with ravenholt pickpocketing...
    i wonder what takes the longest :S
    I guess theres also the legion gank/pvp faction.

Ravenholdt has the added bonus of insane title thou
    I wasn't even aware that 100 reputations was even avaliable right now. I have every single faction exalted that I CAN have, except Shendralar, sadly I missed it, and I am at 94, with the 6 from BFA I get 100, HOWEVER, I have Zandalar Tribe as one of my exalted and that faction is retired as well. So I count 99/100 as max for new players, meaning if you don't have one of the retired reputations (Shendralar or Zandalar), this achivement is impossible right now?
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Lots of shit in this thread.

If the OP was already exalted once with the goblins, then no, getting them exalted again won't count towards the 100, it's already counted. Once you achieve something with rep, it doesn't go away. Hasn't in...probably 10 years.

You can he hated with the goblins at the moment you get the insane achievement, because you've already met the exalted requirement.

Frenzyheart tribe and the Oracles both count. But you can't be exalted at the same time.

Scryers and Aldor, both count. But you can't be exalted at the same time.
    Last edited by ablib; 2018-09-03 at 09:58 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would have to say no. By the sounds of things, you already had the Goblins at exalted, yes? But they are now not?

If you have 96, then that includes the Goblins - it isn't possible to have more right now (unless you somehowhave the BfA reps at exalted, which is highly unlikely). I have 95, missing 5 of the 6 BfA reps as well as Bloodsail and Talon's Vengeance.

So, if you go back and get Goblin ones exalted again, they won't count a second time.

I actually asked this of a GM a while back, as I did the same as you and got the Goblins first. I was debating whether to go back and farm Bloodsail before BfA and wanted to know if my 94 (at that time) would drop down to 90 or stay at 94. The GM didn't know, so I didn't risk it. Sounds as though they do stay on your tally by the looks of your situation.

Hope that helps.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Krakozjubr View Post
    Good afternoon.

Thank you
    See my post above, forgot to tag you.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

If the OP was already exalted once with the goblins, then no, getting them exalted again won't count towards the 100, it's already counted. Once you achieve something with rep, it doesn't go away. Hasn't in...probably 10 years.

You can he hated with the goblins at the moment you get the insane achievement, because you've already met the exalted requirement.

Frenzyheart tribe and the Oracles both count. But you can't be exalted at the same time.

It's the insane that specifically works that way, for 100 you need them all at the same time, if you lose exalted with a rep the 100 achievement will update shortly. I know this because I did insane previously and went to do bloodsail exalted recently, and ended up having to do goblins again as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I wasn't even aware that 100 reputations was even avaliable right now. I have every single faction exalted that I CAN have, except Shendralar, sadly I missed it, and I am at 94, with the 6 from BFA I get 100, HOWEVER, I have Zandalar Tribe as one of my exalted and that faction is retired as well. So I count 99/100 as max for new players, meaning if you don't have one of the retired reputations (Shendralar or Zandalar), this achivement is impossible right now?
    You must be missing 2, the recently fixed centaur reps maybe? Because you can get 101 without zandalar and shendralar right now
    Last edited by capri sunset; 2018-09-03 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post

Pretty sure for 100 reps it only counts if you have all 100 up at the time. If you had goblins in the past, but dropped them for bloodsails, and you get let's say BFAs reps, it won't count the goblins.

From what people were saying about Frenzyheart / Oracle you should not be in the process of swapping rep when you want your achievement. Once you get your 80 / 90 / 100 you can swap and the achievement will stay.

You get another achievement for swapping between them and getting exalted on one then the other (there's a similar fos for Aldor / Scryer swapping), but the rep you dumped will not count towards your totals anymore.

- - - Updated - - -

There are 3 types of pirates: bloodsails in stranglethorn, will drop your bloodsail rep down; pirates in tanaris won't and are best place to farm due to high numbers and fast respawn, give rep up to exalted for all factions except Gadgetzan, Gadgetzan stops at 20,999 revered; pirates in barrens / near ratchet, unfortunately after cata most of these were removed and there's just 1 island left of them. Still it's the place to go kill 1 to get your Gadgetzan exalted.