Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Glyph system vs Azerite gear

The azerite gear system is kinda disappointing. IMO, even the old glyph system is much better.

Similarity of the two:

Both the glyphs and azerite traits give boosts to your abilities and spells.

The 3 Pime glyphs, 3 major glyphs, 3 minor glyphs, are pretty much the same to the 3-4 traits from each azerite armor in function.

Advantage of glyphs:

1. They are bound to character, not to certain gear. A charater unlocks the glyph slots by level, and all glyphs are unlocked upon max level.

2. There is no AP grinding for glyphs. And no special gear slot (necklace) is reserved just for this AP level grinding.

3. We don't need to bench some higher level gear, because necklace level is not high enough to unlock some traits, or the higher level gear has worse traits etc, since they are not bound to gear.

4. We don't need several azerite gear for different spec, or reforge them all the time for different roles, because the old glyphs system can be set differently on different specs.

5. We don't lose class set gear with glyphs.

6. It is obviously much easier to balance classes and specs, because we can't stack same glyphs as we do in azerite traits.

I don't understand why blizzard first removed glyphs, then come out the azerite gear (which is obviously worse, with more grind and gear dependant).

What is the advantage of Azerite gear over glyphs?

Deleted
    i rather have legendaries back than glyphs. Glyphs where no choise and all mandatory to a larger degree that legion oranges were. however i would not complain if i were gíven both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kael Sunstrider View Post
    Azerite system force you to grind something, glyph system don't. For them it's an advantage since it keeps you hooked and force you to play more. I agree with you that this system right now is really disappointing, I didn't mind grinding AP in Legion especially during the first few weeks because I felt like those artifact traits were something new, fun, powerful. Azerite system is very dull and it gets old REALLY fast.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    however i would not complain if i were gíven both.
    same here, I like having more rather than less in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbywan View Post
    i rather have legendaries back than glyphs. Glyphs where no choise and all mandatory to a larger degree that legion oranges were. however i would not complain if i were gíven both.
    Yes, ofc. people will always find the best prime, major and minor glyphs, and that inevitably reduce the real choices for each spec.

But still, imo, it is a better system, because you don't need to reforge your gear for different spec, or bench high level gear with fewer traits unlocked.

At least glyphs can be changed freely without worrying your gear/AP level, and achieve the exactly same thing as azerite gear.

Deleted
    Yes, ofc. people will always find the best prime, major and minor glyphs, and that inevitably reduce the real choices for each spec.

But still, imo, it is a better system, because you don't need to reforge your gear for different spec, or bench high level gear with fewer traits unlocked.

At least glyphs can be changed freely without worrying your gear/AP level, and achieve the exactly same thing as azerite gear.
    I would say azurite gear has more depth to it, glyph felt kinda stale in comparison to what we have in this movement (have in mind azurite is probably changing and will evolve in time)

The azerite gear system is kinda disappointing. IMO, even the old glyph system is much better.

Similarity of the two:

Both the glyphs and azerite traits give boosts to your abilities and spells.

The 3 Pime glyphs, 3 major glyphs, 3 minor glyphs, are pretty much the same to the 3-4 traits from each azerite armor in function.

Advantage of glyphs:

1. They are bound to character, not to certain gear. A charater unlocks the glyph slots by level, and all glyphs are unlocked upon max level.

2. There is no AP grinding for glyphs. And no special gear slot (necklace) is reserved just for this AP level grinding.

3. We don't need to bench some higher level gear, because necklace level is not high enough to unlock some traits, or the higher level gear has worse traits etc, since they are not bound to gear.

4. We don't need several azerite gear for different spec, or reforge them all the time for different roles, because the old glyphs system can be set differently on different specs.

5. We don't lose class set gear with glyphs.

6. It is obviously much easier to balance classes and specs, because we can't stack same glyphs as we do in azerite traits.

I don't understand why blizzard first removed glyphs, then come out the azerite gear (which is obviously worse, with more grind and gear dependant).

Glyph system was nice which is why I will always favor it over Azerite.

Azerite can surpass glyph system if it offers MORE choice. But that is clearly not what Azerite is capable of!

7+ Year Old Account

Arrow

Glyphs are tied to a character, and Azerite don't. This already makes glyphs better then any of Azerite/legendary items and artifacts, witch are content progression (expansion), not character (class). That's basis for this game design. THE END.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2018-10-05 at 11:36 AM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    Azerite system force you to grind something, glyph system don't. For them it's an advantage since it keeps you hooked and force you to play more. I agree with you that this system right now is really disappointing, I didn't mind grinding AP in Legion especially during the first few weeks because I felt like those artifact traits were something new, fun, powerful. Azerite system is very dull and it gets old REALLY fast.

- - - Updated - - -

same here, I like having more rather than less in a game.
    " For them it's an advantage since it keeps you hooked and force you to play more"

If you dont want a reason to play more then what are you even playing for in the first place? Its such a weird fucking wy of putting it. As if yo uare forced to play this game. You arent.

Quote Originally Posted by Alkizon View Post
    Glyphs are tied to a character, and Azerite don't. This already makes glyphs better then any of Azerite/legendary items and artifacts, witch are content progression (expansion), not character (class). That's basis for this game design. THE END.
    I totally agree with you on that.

Can we just get tier sets back and scrap Azerite? Shit system is shit.

I must admit I rather have the more vanilla inspired talent tree of the artifacts back and legendaries from legion. The only things that sucked with legendaries, was the way we obtained them. If you could grind some kind of currency and say, but the legendaries you want (just as you could at the end) it would be fine. The only thing about the artifact weapon talent tree I disliked, was that you eventually get everything. Make it so you have to choose either this or that. Possibility for respec and it is a bit more engaging imho.

Azerite is a crap system, but I'm not sure glyphs are the answer to it, nor are legendaries.

Personally I didn't see anything wrong with set bonuses. You got it and everyone had the same thing, where right now you get to pick the trait, but there's still right and wrong ones to go for and you can still end up with crap traits on your 380 titanforged item... The issue with set bonuses was you'd end up needing a certain four slots filled out of five. Make it 4 of say 8 and we have more choice.

Oh well, something for next expansion...

Did any of you even played legion at all?

1 class at least 3 specs, 9 glyphs to get while 90% of the class traits were uselless for anything.

In BfA you get your 3 pieces use it for every spec, you have NEUTRAL traits (for many specs even superior to spec spefic ones ) and you can REROLL them if you change your MAIN SPEC.

If you don't play a spec with broken traits needs to be tuned down, you living the dream, because you don't need to hope for any rare drop - just get your piece, play the game for AP and WIN without a hopeless relict drop system.

The neutral traits alone make the azerite system superior to every spec without broken spec traits.

The only thing it needs are the nerfs to the remaining broken spec specific traits (rogue multiple meme builds around clearly broken azerite traits).

Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post

1 class at least 3 specs, 9 glyphs to get while 90% of the class traits were uselless for anything.

In BfA you get your 3 pieces use it for every spec, you have NEUTRAL traits (for many specs even superior to spec spefic ones ) and you can REROLL them if you change your MAIN SPEC.

If you don't play a spec with broken traits needs to be tuned down, you living the dream, because you don't need to hope for any rare drop - just get your piece, play the game for AP and WIN without a hopeless relict drop system.

The neutral traits alone make the azerite system superior to every spec without broken spec traits.

The only thing it needs are the nerfs to the remaining broken spec specific traits (rogue multiple meme builds around clearly broken azerite traits).
    I don't quite get you.

Glyphs have pretty much exactly the same function as azerite traits: to boost certain abilities or spells.

Glyphs allow you to choose from any available glyphs without AP requirement to unlock.

If people thinks the glyphs themselves are dull, then it is very easy to just change the glyph traits to the current useful azerite traits.

It doesn't deny that glyph system is a better design itself.

The only advantage of azerite gear I can think of, is that, players get a sense of end game progress. Because all glyphs are unlocked at max level and players can switch them freely at anytime without gear restriction, while players need to constantly farm AP to unlock higher ilevel azerite gear.

But this kind of end game character progress is very dull and flawed. IMO, the legion artifact weapon trait is a better end game progress system.

Quote Originally Posted by Metallourlante View Post
    Can't agree more. You were constantly getting something new in Legion. It was still a grind, but at least there was a carrot on that stick. In BfA you constantly keep losing your unlocked traits for no reason whatsoever (particularly amazing when you simply get a higher ilvl version of the exact item you're already wearing) and then you have to grind to make your item even functional (particularly concerning when you can't get any traits on your new upgrade, because Azerite gear doesn't even have secondary stats). And to unlock the same traits over and over and over again. All tied to some BS neck for no reason. I can hardly think of a worse system in WoW's history.

And this pile of garbage is not only a replacement for Artifact traits, relics and Netherlight Crucible, but also the tier sets and legendaries. An utter, utter joke.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2018-09-07 at 12:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

7+ Year Old Account
    Ange

Wa-ha-ha-HA! NO-o-o! We need normal class' talent-tree (together with organic and solid stats/characteristics system), but not its pieces scattered here and there around the county

Glyphs are part of build and traits are part of loot, don't forget about this. Loot is luck, build is strategy. Don't know how to present it even easier. Do you know how cross-class traits are called? Characteristics!

ps. Remember spell damage, attack power, etc. and their basic stats dependence? Then you know the answer! Know why this system would have problems now? Because of sh*y scaling generated-items(RNG/loot-box)/everywhere(ilvl/lvl/class) (millions items on 1 id) - World of templates.
    Last edited by Alkizon; 2020-12-14 at 02:49 PM.
    __---=== IMHO(+cg) and MORE |"links-inside" ===---__

__---=== PM me WHERE if I'm unnecessarily "notifying" you ===---__

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    " For them it's an advantage since it keeps you hooked and force you to play more"

If you dont want a reason to play more then what are you even playing for in the first place? Its such a weird fucking wy of putting it. As if yo uare forced to play this game. You arent.
    First of all, I'm not playing this game, but I can still have opinion about something that is REALLY dull and boring about the game I love.
    Second, it's not that devs put a gun on your head and force you do anything, it wasn't literal of course. But if you wanna be competitive (you, not you specifically, in general I mean) you must grind and grind that stupid azerite, so you are pretty much forced to grind. You (you, not you specifically.) can enjoy that grind however, nothing wrong with it. Still forced to grind nontheless.
    Last edited by Metallourlante; 2018-09-07 at 07:58 PM.

The Azerite system is garbage.

Just go back to what worked. Glyphs, tier sets, and expanded talents.

They try and streamline the game and it always goes to shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And this pile of garbage is not only a replacement for Artifact traits, relics and Netherlight Crucible, but also the tier sets and legendaries. An utter, utter joke.
    Yeah, exactly. It's basically the only system and it sucks. It's sad.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hell the original Talent Trees from launch would be better than this Azerite "system".
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.