Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Was 5% Enough? (Demo)

I am noticing a huge difference in my raid damage this week, but I also did jump 15 iLVLs. Does anyone else feel like more changes need to be made to Demo to make it raid viable?

These are just a few things I thought might make my life easier.

1) Every shard past the first on HoG reduces its cast time by 50%. This would make your 3 shard HoG instant.

2) Cut down the Felguard grimoire to 1.5 min instead of 2 min so it lines up better with your tyrant.

3) Make shadowbolt castable on the move. I know this is a bit much and was taken away from us in the past, but this would solve some of our mobility issues and make use just stand still for large demon summons.
    Last edited by Voshon; 2018-09-12 at 11:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voshon View Post
    I am noticing a huge difference in my raid damage this week, but I also did jump 15 iLVLs. Does anyone else feel like more changes need to be made to Demo to make it raid viable?

These are just a few things I thought might make my life easier.

1) Every shard past the first on HoG reduces its cast time by 50%. This would make your 3 shard HoG instant.

2) Cut down the Felguard grimoire to 1.5 min instead of 2 min so it lines up better with your tyrant.

3) Make shadowbolt cartable on the move. I know this is a bit much and was taken away from us in the past, but this would solve some of our mobility issues and make use just stand still for large demon summons.

5% is very close to enough, but maybe short. Got to remember some of the top end got nerfed, like rogues and hunters.

I am a demo main btw, it also shines in AoE with implosion and imp focused builds, only runs into issues if you don't generate or have imps for aoe at right times. So i can be jumping around from bottem dps to twice the #2 dps's damage.

I found nether portal builds to be good for short boss fights or ones where you can get a portal phase off before the end again, otherwise it's on average with sacrifice souls. Trying to test a forbidden knowledge build, but haven't had the time to really test it other then see the insane crits you can do with 3 traits of it, if i had to guess it prone to good vs bad rng.

Obviously it isnt enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely not.
    Personality: INTJ

“Greatness, at any cost.”

Quote Originally Posted by Arthas242 View Post
    5% is very close to enough, but maybe short. Got to remember some of the top end got nerfed, like rogues and hunters.

I am a demo main btw, it also shines in AoE with implosion and imp focused builds, only runs into issues if you don't generate or have imps for aoe at right times. So i can be jumping around from bottem dps to twice the #2 dps's damage.

I found nether portal builds to be good for short boss fights or ones where you can get a portal phase off before the end again, otherwise it's on average with sacrifice souls. Trying to test a forbidden knowledge build, but haven't had the time to really test it other then see the insane crits you can do with 3 traits of it, if i had to guess it prone to good vs bad rng.
    Im more talking about single target and not cleave/AoE. On AoE I dominate as long as there is no demon hunters or monks. But those 2 classes also beat me on ST.

I cant speak for any PvE. But in pvp I can feel it. Esp in arena.

Is it live? I understood that it was going live with restart

Classes
    [All class changes with weekly maintenance in each region.]

I think they really need to take a loot at azerite traits for demo (and a lot of specs) since they're still pretty trash.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    In PVE not even close. Its embarrassing how bad demo is in uldir right now and how good BM is.

AoE was never a problem for demo, providing RNG was on your side, back to back demonbolt procs allow you to keep 3 shard HoG rolling so you can implode 3+ imps per cycle.

If at any point you become shard starved either through lack of procs or having to cast shadow bolt then your AoE drops down significantly, this is compounded even further by having to move in a fight, which is generally the case in most dungeons and raids.

ST can be strong and competitive against middle of the pack classes if your allowed to stand still for the entire duration of the encounter, which doesnt happen very often if at all.

If warlocks are going to remain the immobile glass canon class, then our damage needs to be increased substantially to compensate or we need to become mobile again by either allowing us to cast while moving (even if its a reduced movement speed) or make us very tanky so we can stand still and take the punishment while dishing out our own.

Deleted
    Lol, not even close.

Deleted
    Judging by the logs so far in the last day (not too many) affy is top lock spec by a good margin and 1 of the best in game whist destro and demo are still cut off way at the bottom with fire mage. Even another 5% would probably still put them below affy

I was hoping to go back to destro but it's only good and still below affy on 2 bosses in uldir so I don't see it happening unless they do another pass this week

I know it has only been one day, but it still looks pretty bad for demo and the number of parses has gone down.
    https://imgur.com/a/2x4vT4y

Everything below feral druid in the above needs a buff, anything from a few % to around 11-12% for demo just to be "middle of the pack"

Deleted
    I feel like they looking at the wrong stuff, yes our dmg is not as great as other classes, but what makes demo total and utter shit atm in raids is the horrible target switching and buildup you have everytime u need to swap and the fact that demo has no burst. I feel totally useless when it comes to killing the blood on vectis for example. Im beter of just staying on the boss. No amount of % buffs are gonna fix that, well they can but then u make the class total OP on patchwerk fights :P

I really fail to see why the revamped a spec and nerfed it into the ground before we could even play it. See that it's the lowest fps spec in game, then slap you in the face with a 5% buff and expect people to be happy. EAD

I think they started the revamp but never finished it, and rather than revert it back to legion, just left it as it is. The spec was horribly bugged at launch, bugs that had been reported months ago in alpha/beta.

As for fixes, another 10% damage buff or 5-7% and improved mobility would probably suffice.

I'd like to see talents that summon a demon have their soul shard cost removed, maybe add some form of dogs cd reset, could tie that to shadow bolt spam maybe.

They really need to change some mechanical issues with the spec. They gotta make it far more mobile. If they do, this spec will be pretty sweet to play with I think. But it's so impractical to do anything in game other than quest with atm. Too bad; it has serious potential for lots of fun.

Yeah, I tried out demo in heroic last night, and holy shit the immobility is super noticeable on this like MOTHER

However, it's possible that with different talents it wouldn't have been as bad

Damage modifier buffs don't mean shit when you design every encounter with constant, heavy movement and then force a spec to hard-cast almost everything in their arsenal.

It just boggles my mind that they just completely re-designed Demonology and they designed it with a kit suited for raid encounters circa-2005, rather than 2018.

Look who is running things in the real world performance, melee classes (who are immune to movement), Beast Master Hunters where literally everything is instant, and Affliction Warlocks.

As long as Demonology and Destruction have to stand still to cast anything meaningful, they're always going to be shit.
    Last edited by Jahrastafari; 2018-09-12 at 11:45 PM.