Poll: Did you enjoy watching the movie CAPTAIN MARVEL™?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 125 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Yes, in the comics Adam Warlock has been one of the most powerful heroes in Marvel's Roster.
    adam warlock sounds like a lead-singer for a 70's rock band

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    adam warlock sounds like a lead-singer for a 70's rock band
    Well, he was created in the late 60's...but wasn't given his full name until 72
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deleted
    Those movies did not make "a killing"
    Yes, for their time they where in they DID make a killing.
    Blade for example had a Budget of $45 million and made around three times that. Spawn had a Budget of ~40 million and made double of that.
    And back in the days for a comic book movie that IS a killing no matter how much you deny it.

- - - Updated - - -

Aren't the golden dudes from GotG making some 'warlock' fellow that is super-powerful??
    in the comics, not in the mcu.

mmm hopefully Brie Larson is good in it, not to knock on her acting but she doesn't strike me as a military type at all. she doesn't seem to have that demeanor or presence IDK.

captain america, captain marvel.. at least i enjoy watching this drivel(i think).
    I had fun once, it was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by TechSavy View Post
    Yes, for their time they where in they DID make a killing.
    Blade for example had a Budget of $45 million and made around three times that. Spawn had a Budget of ~40 million and made double of that.
    And back in the days for a comic book movie that IS a killing no matter how much you deny it.
    That is not a killing. Once you account for the marketing budget and the split with the theaters...Spawn barely broke even.

Blade was a modest success...but still made less than half of the first X-men movie.

Deadpool "made a killing" with a $60 million budget and a $780 million box office.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Deadpool "made a killing" with a $60 million budget and a $780 million box office.
    Which is hilarious when you think about how much the actor Ryan Reynolds had to BEG fox to make it, to the point they had to leak test footage on the net to get the damn thing made.

Bloody studio's dont even know what they have.

I'll put the trailer in the OP when it drops this morning.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Which is hilarious when you think about how much the actor Ryan Reynolds had to BEG fox to make it, to the point they had to leak test footage on the net to get the damn thing made.

They got plenty of material to make reboots and revisions though!

Only vaguely heard about her before and i HATE the idea, because it ruins the threat that Thanos is if you can just throw in some random out of the blue extreme powerful character...

..it's why I feel Battle of Pelennor Fields was ruined by those ghost fellows that just used god-mode to zerg down Sauron's army..

...what is the point of Thanos being the looming threat in all marvel movies, then finally arrive in last avengers movie only for some no-name character to come along n flip everything...

rather see a combined effort by ze heroes by chance getting the win
    We have no reason to assume that the plot of AV4 is Captain Marvel crushes everything and we all watch. We need more info before getting all upset about something that may not even happen.

Please dont make this a stronk womyn mary sue movie PLEASE. The other marvel movies have been great so please dont ruin this with feminist bullshit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Trailer is coming up.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Deleted
    So, what, she has no recollection of her life on Earth or something?

On a sidenote, how exactly is she gnna age from 90's to 2019's Avengers 4?

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The teaser trailer gave me chills. I bet people will be mentioning her slapping that old lady, but I imagine it's one of those Kree or whatever they are that can shapeshift.

Very excited to see the movie, but even more excited to see the post-credit scene that explains where she has been all this time leading up to the Snappening (if it's not already explained in the film itself).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beste Kerel View Post
    On a sidenote, how exactly is she gnna age from 90's to 2019's Avengers 4?
    If she is as powerful as they claim, there's a good chance she'll be very long-lived or immortal. I mean look at Thor. He's been "around" for thousands of Earth years and looks the same because he's a "god." If she has cosmic powers of some sort I doubt she would age like a normal human.

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought the trailer was quite underwhelming for a Marvel trailer. I been super excited for this movie, but it just felt a bit bleh! Although two highlights ifor me

1) Seeing Mar-Vell was great
    2) Also Captain Marvel punching an old lady disguised as a Skrull got reaction for me

This is the first trailer so I'll give it the benefit of a doubt. Back int he 90's Captain Marvel was one of my favourite Marvel heroes when I read comics, especially as her time as Warbird, so I am still hyped. Just need more to go on.
    Last edited by Orby; 2018-09-18 at 12:59 PM.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    It looks kinda...meh. I really don't know anything about this character other than it's some superduper one that's supposed to just win everything. This trailer doesn't really inspire any curiosity. It feels like this character kinda nulifies everyone else. If she can just stroll in and win because she's purely the strongest, that's boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post

Executives are always the problem. The ruin shit, they make shit that shouldnt be made, and the stop the good shit from being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    Black Panther was relatively obscure for non comic book fans and look how well that did.

- - - Updated - - -

We all knew this comment had to arrive, thanks for being the generic keyboard warrior who hates women of this thread
    Nobody likes Mary-Sues. If a hero is too flawless, too perfect then, then you can't relate to them. Calling someone who doesn't want to see Captain Marvel turn into a Mary-Sue a misogynist and keyboard warrior makes you look young and immature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chief Bennett View Post
    I'm not sure if we'll see him in the MCU given that GotG might not happen at this point, he'd deffo be in the top 3 powerful characters of the MCU if he were. Then again Vision was god level power in civil war and A2 and he was really weak in IW, and cap went from pretty strong in cap 1 and the first avengers to somehow being able to beat ironman - who went from losing to two humans to holding his own with thanos. So basically I'm not sure how they do power levels in the MCU because they aren't very consistent
    Warlock's powers don't solely rely on the Soul Gem, as Vision's did on the Mind Gem in the MCU. Vision was weak in IW because the plot reduced him to just being the housing for the gem. Even in CW and AoU he only uses his density control once or twice, because he could basically evade any harm by just shifting density.
    Cap is probably the only MCU character whoms powers and growth curve have been properly displayed. in FA and Avengers he's kinda useless, but after more time in the field he slowly fathoms what his peak strength can actually achieve. In the comics he is able to hold his own against Iron Man and Black Panther. Remember, Iron Man had the upper hand in CW until that cliche moment where he turns around to kick Bucky whose obviously distracting him.

Core MCU rule it isn't as much about consistency as it's nerfing characters so they can fit in and have guys like Cap not seem completely pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    mmm hopefully Brie Larson is good in it, not to knock on her acting but she doesn't strike me as a military type at all. she doesn't seem to have that demeanor or presence IDK.
    The real question is what do you think of her charisma because it seems like she's expected to be the new Robert Downy Jr. of the MCU going forward, the cohesive element that interconnects a lot of the films as well as replacing Cap as the Avengers leader.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snorri View Post
    If a hero is too flawless, too perfect then, then you can't relate to them.
    superman is pretty relateable.
    Hi