Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Idieveryeasily View Post
    They are not kicked because they are not even invited.
    Oh, it does happen. I play a resto shaman and sometimes I actually get an invite for medium M+ (5-8) because of my Ilvl. Someone in the group then makes a remark that shamans are trash healers for M+ and that the leader should better look for another class. And whoosh I'm kicked!

I'm 365 and I can't join any m+ pug above 7. I've also been accepted in groups as dps and later be kicked when another dps class is in queue. In raid pugs it hasn't been really as bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Raven View Post
    No clue, i have so far not been kicked or denied to join on my shaman alt and not seen a shaman get kicked or denied to join when on my main.

But maybe i just have been lucky.
    Try mythics.

It just makes you feel bad when you try to make some endgame content and someone pms you and say "elemental? declined".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulgrim View Post
    There's a reason why rankings are invalid when its a wipe. When things go to shit that aren't supposed to happen of course things get skewed. You popped everything you had except for spirit link when everyone was taking an absurd amount of dmg just before you all wiped. YOU STILL HAD 30% OF THE BOSS LEFT. This is the textbook definition of meter padding. Soo sorry, your evidence is invalid.
    Yeah but I'm not trying to show that I was doing awesome healing. I kept up with the other healers is what I meant to say, throughout the entire fight. From start to end, I was with them on healing done.

Healing parses in general are never worthy of showing healing done compared to other people of your class in different raids; BUT they are good to compare against your -own- group
    Last edited by Shinela; 2018-09-27 at 06:39 PM.
    It's a shame that Shadowlands killed PvE twinking. Still I enjoy the game.
    Endgame: Main, Alt

I laugh Everytime someone says that the community is diminishing the utility that shaman bring. L-O-L.... Shaman WERE the original utility class. There WAS a reason to bring at least ONE shaman to raid. That all ended the day blizzard stripped us of BL, totem buffs and anything else unique only to give them to other classes and leave us with nothing but shit dps. Who in their right mind would bring a shaman if they were serious about pushing a high key or progressing in mythic raids. What it boils down to is min/max balancing. At the end of the day, we have no desireable contributions that could otherwise be fullfilled by another class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    who's fault is this? blizzards, when you keep fucking a class so bad and ruin someones reputation the community will just assume all shamans are bad players and the class is horrific.
    I like how you go from "people assume shit" to "blizzard is to blame for it".
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post
    Honestly not a problem for me. I can keep up with my shaman, but that's because I'm a veteran healer.
    This was our best attempt: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...8&type=healing
    That's bleeding edge prog right there man. Real veteran healer . Posting wipe logs. Yeah, I'll post a 2 min wipe on myrhic fights where I have 24k dps as enh. Yeah we're good. No problem here guys. Go buff other classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I pulled 3rd damage on H Fetid and still got kicked from the group when we wiped 3 times cause the group I was in was 2 healing it...

But the DH that pulled 5k on Taloc and Mother go to stay.

Se La Vie
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    I pulled 3rd damage on H Fetid and still got kicked from the group when we wiped 3 times cause the group I was in was 2 healing it...

But the DH that pulled 5k on Taloc and Mother go to stay.

Se La Vie
    Was you tunneling the boss tho?
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Was you tunneling the boss tho?
    Nope. dodged every breath, first on the egg of all the melee, never knocked away unless it was to my benefit for egg spawn

FWIW: Guild run, from LA servers, me and another guy pugged in, I did good on Taloc and Mother too. Aforementioned DH was from their guild so meh

- - - Updated - - -

All the more reason to dust off my Hunter as my DPS Alt I Guess. sucks too cause I just got her Engi to 150 and was looking forward to farming ML 0
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Elemental and enhc can be played well on teeming affixes i love their aoe

Quote Originally Posted by Shinela View Post
    Priests can purge too, but for less mana. Mages, hunters can BL too. DH, lock, and many others can AoE stun too. True, I think(?) we're the only healer with a rupt, that's what we bring

Priests can just scream to interupt as well ^_^

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roeks View Post
    I laugh Everytime someone says that the community is diminishing the utility that shaman bring. L-O-L.... Shaman WERE the original utility class. There WAS a reason to bring at least ONE shaman to raid. That all ended the day blizzard stripped us of BL, totem buffs and anything else unique only to give them to other classes and leave us with nothing but shit dps. Who in their right mind would bring a shaman if they were serious about pushing a high key or progressing in mythic raids. What it boils down to is min/max balancing. At the end of the day, we have no desireable contributions that could otherwise be fullfilled by another class.

No, you did bring shitloads to Chain Bloodlust.

Deleted
    I haven't yet been kicked, but I've received a few humorous comments from other players. I ran a couple of LFRs to test out alternative talents and people were surprised to see even a single shaman. In LFR!!

5+ Year Old Account
    I pull my weight in damage as ele shammy and can keep up with the curve, whilst doing mechanics, so i havent encountered any shite.

Herald of the Titans Drunkenfinn's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Eh, I'm kinda stuck only doing a +7 weekly on my Shaman since getting invited to a PUG any higher than that is almost impossible and I'm never online when my guildies are doing their +10s. Guess I could try pushing my own key with PUGs when I have the time, but trying to make time in anything above +8-9 with PUGs can be quite challenging.

But then again I'm not raiding Mythic so it's not like I really need the 385 gear to progress or anything. It'd just be nice to have for PvP and whatnot.

10+ Year Old Account
    When running a pug, if I get a shaman app that has the ilvl, I check raider.io like I do for every class. If they've done something of similar difficulty, I'll take them. Don't get me wrong, they're in a bad spot and need some work, but they are viable up through +10 at least if the player is competent. They also bring a ton of utility so I'm always happy to have a good shaman.

That said, shaman is the only class I've seen people explicitly exlude in their LFG description. I've seen it a few times just this week. I'd never join such a group as I see that as them just broadcasting how bad they are. Protip for those teams: it's not the shaman hold you back on your +4 freehold.
    Last edited by time0ut; 2018-09-28 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    I like how you go from "people assume shit" to "blizzard is to blame for it".
    Are they not, though? All three specs are bottom tier in raids and dungeons and Blizzard has almost completely ignored them in every tuning pass. The specs are not as bad as the community perceives them to be, but if you are competing for spots against top specs that outperform you by as much as 10%, then of course group leaders will take the good specs.

When someone is inviting you, all they see are your name, ilvl, and class (and maybe Raider.io score). If none of those stand out, you are going to have trouble.

Deleted
    All three specs are bottom tier in raids and dungeons and Blizzard has almost completely ignored them in every tuning pass.
    This is so obvious, that I'm starting to think it's on purpose. Maybe they want a scapegoat class that takes the bottom spot in every area of content, so that the players of the other 11 classes can have fun without having to worry about being last anywhere. Shaman players are a minority (least played class at 120 according to census sites). Mythic raiding shamans are even more rare. Most shamans are alts or people who play the class for the class fantasy and visuals and don't really care about balance. You can see this by the big number of people who still claim that shaman is fine, because they can beat bads of other specs in their raids and can get through a +7 just fine.
    It makes perfect sense for Blizzard to give this class the bottom spot. The gap to the other classes however wouldn't have needed to be so large.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapscallion84 View Post
    I haven't yet been kicked, but I've received a few humorous comments from other players. I ran a couple of LFRs to test out alternative talents and people were surprised to see even a single shaman. In LFR!!
    Today in mythic+ a dh tank joined the group, saw me as the healer, and said:

OMG A RESTO SHAMAN. A real fossil.