Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Zandalari heritage armor its not interesting at all, so i'll just class change my draenei paladin and thats all. if i want a heritage armor for a Maghar, i'll just farm the Mannoroth's Tusk till death.

Leveling a new char from level 20 its a pain that im not endure anyways.
    Zul'Jin died for our sins.
    --
    My Loa are smiling at me infidel. can you say the same?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nfinitii View Post
    Nope, it’s fine.
    No it isn't for those that want to roll a allied race as main (with the heritage armour)

Blablabla Allied races... They are just a recolor of some other races. There is litterally no point in leveling them, the only "bonus" is some armor you won't even transmog (because orc armor on non orcs seems stupid) and an incitation to level a new alt, that's all.

It's not even a real achievement, it's worth 0 points...

10+ Year Old Account
    Also because allied races are locked behind prerequisites they give a false sense that they are the "better" race. Truth is, they are not.

Sub race requirements are about the dumbest thing they've done yet in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Because you want the armour? I’ve ran icc over 100 times but don’t have all the transmogs as I tend to only do it on one armour type, repeating content doesn’t mean you get the rewards on a character you haven’t done that content on. It’s not a perfect system but it’s a pretty basic do X get Y and it’s not like what they are asking us to do is hard.
    Some things make sense, others don't.

There is a reason why blizzard tends to soften hard stuff to become more approachable (see account wide collections for example).
    If old races will be allowed to get their armors though max level scenarios, so should the new races.

PS: I killed Kael'thas lots of times to get the phoenix many years ago, so i know what it is to farm hard and time consuming stuff.
    I also got the purple protodragon in 10 characters before the accountwide mounts existed. Just because it was once restricted, doesn't mean that it was fair or needed. I welcomed the accountwide stuff with open arms and wished i knew about it sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by tikcol View Post
    What is this obsession with a piece of armor everyone can get? Jesus it's such a petty armor..
    When gear / progression do not matter much anymore because of ilvl scaling / other players not caring, the only thing that does matter and feel exclusive is transmog / mounts and other cosmetic things.

For average snowflakes that is (ofc gear matters if you're in a Mythic guild / pro arena team).

Deleted
    I still feel like it's very distastesful that I have to play a character for a month and then switch onto another if I wanna play the cool new race.

I resorted to paying blizzard for a race change, rather than abandoning my main and having to start over again. (Blizzard has screwed main-swappers a lot in the past and I don't wanna get burned again)

Thank god I didn't wanna play Zandalari, because I would have to wait another few months before I could play the god damned advertised expansion feature.

Heritage armor is another issue completly, I feel like it should come with the race unlock.

Besides, why is there race unlock scenarios? The Race Unlock scenarios should have just been starting zones for the allied races. Like, why is my gnome getting ascended to Lightforged with some stupid draeneis? Why couldn't I play the Draenei and get ascended myself? Why am I looking through empty buildings to find Void Elfs, when I could be a blood elf fucking with some void magics myself? Why am I not a Highmountain being invited to Thunderbluff?

I am honestly very disapointed with how Allied races have been presented to us. I like the races themselves, but everything else about them is just Blizzard's plot to sell me more Race Changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    No it isn't for those that want to roll a allied race as main (with the heritage armour)
    I wanted a hm warrior, lvled one no problem. Or u can race change ur main to whatever u want and lvl another toon to get the heritage armor later. Players act like it’s the end of the world to have to play the game to get what u want. All they want is instant gratification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post
    I feel like Heritage armor -- although optional -- just represents a totally unreasonable expectation of players. Hell, you can't even unlock the respective allied races cross-faction, or even start them on different servers.

Considering how many of us have level all of our classes already, this seems to almost penalize players for having played a lot. What if it were simply for taking a character from 110 to 120? Or add some super-difficult Mage Challenge Tower-esque boss for unlocking your Heritage armor?

Because without Heritage armor, most Allied Races are completely indistinguishable from their base counterparts.

I would like a Mag'har Warrior and a Zandalari Shaman. But having to level classes I already have, from scratch, just to get their defining armor, seems kind of ridiculous.

Does anyone else feel like the expectation is completely unreasonable?
    Nope, sounds fair enough.

You receive a reward for playing the content.
    You receive a reward for creating a new Allied Race.
    You receive a reward for experiencing a race specific event.

All sounds fair enough.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    I still feel like it's very distastesful that I have to play a character for a month and then switch onto another if I wanna play the cool new race.

I resorted to paying blizzard for a race change, rather than abandoning my main and having to start over again. (Blizzard has screwed main-swappers a lot in the past and I don't wanna get burned again)

Thank god I didn't wanna play Zandalari, because I would have to wait another few months before I could play the god damned advertised expansion feature.

Heritage armor is another issue completly, I feel like it should come with the race unlock.

Besides, why is there race unlock scenarios? The Race Unlock scenarios should have just been starting zones for the allied races. Like, why is my gnome getting ascended to Lightforged with some stupid draeneis? Why couldn't I play the Draenei and get ascended myself? Why am I looking through empty buildings to find Void Elfs, when I could be a blood elf fucking with some void magics myself? Why am I not a Highmountain being invited to Thunderbluff?

I am honestly very disapointed with how Allied races have been presented to us. I like the races themselves, but everything else about them is just Blizzard's plot to sell me more Race Changes.
    I agree with everything you just said, although i want to play Zandalari and i love their tribal heritage. This system sucks so much

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Do you also feel forced to get 2000 rating for elite pvp set? Or to farm SoO to get Tusks of Mannoroth? Or any old raid set? Or raid current mythic to get current flashy set?

Why are people losing their minds over heritage armor sets? Why you feel forced to get them and not forced to get any other set? It's just a cosmetic, why you feel obliged to get them?

This is such a petty whine.
    No, it's not. I dont care jack about the heritage armor, but I can't even play the Allied races on Horde side if I wanted to (which I sort of do), because I dont have a toon over there to grind the stupid reps. So it's a highly effective content block.

It's a cosmetic reward for doing all that work.

You're basically promoting that there should not be rewards in the game that require effort to obtain.

I am not in your corner here. The game benefits from people finding reasons to do stuff in it. If there's nothing special to strive for, then it's just not something people will continue finding reasons to log in for. Incentives to do the time-consuming stuff in the game are good, and healthy for the replay value, and thus for the game and the continued development of it.

So yeah, having to work for getting cool stuff may not always be appealing. But getting cool stuff for doing work, is rewarding. So them putting that in is common sense.

I would probably feel different if other races could use the heritage armor. Cause then I would feel forced to level a Mag'har, to get an outfit I want on my Tauren (for example). But as the reward is only for Mag'har, I'm down with this. Put in the work: Get a cosmetic reward. Don't, and it's not like you'll miss out something huge. There are other similar sets for nearly all of the Allies races.

The exception is Nightborne. I think those are in a bad place where it comes to racial sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Flimsy View Post
    Yeah but like, your argument isn't compelling. You are saying that you want something and the straight forward way to get it is too much to be bothered with.

Why should anyone who isn't worried about it already start to care based on your argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Wada View Post
    Yeah no kidding. It sucks, and it's actively blocking me from using content (the horde races) that I'd like to use.

Work for it, my ass. This isn't progression, like, at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Do you also feel forced to get 2000 rating for elite pvp set? Or to farm SoO to get Tusks of Mannoroth? Or any old raid set? Or raid current mythic to get current flashy set?

Why are people losing their minds over heritage armor sets? Why you feel forced to get them and not forced to get any other set? It's just a cosmetic, why you feel obliged to get them?

This is such a petty whine.
    Because some of them are completely and utterly unique in the fact that in the Dark Iron and Lightforged cases, you can be a cloth character but look like you're wearing plate.
    I genuinely wish that I could level a dark iron dwarf..
    But, seeing as this is how Blizzard intended it, I'd have to level an alliance character to 120, then grind rep for a LONG time, only to unlock the race I want to play that I have to again level to 120 to finally feel like I got my moneys worth and the character I want to play.

Because again, this is content WE PAYED FOR.
    This was a prime selling point of the entire expansion.

EDIT: Just grinding rep and leveling is far from working for the reward, but also a SIGNIFICANT amount of time dedicated to doing something that is in no way challenging or fit to be criteria for unlocking allied races. It just doesn't make sense.
    Last edited by Gungnir; 2018-10-10 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Yeah no kidding. It sucks, and it's actively blocking me from using content (the horde races) that I'd like to use.

Work for it, my ass. This isn't progression, like, at all.
    My final disapointent was not being able to crate a Maghar orc after I unlocked Dark Irons. I even leveled a horde alt to 120 so I could play a horde main Maghar.
    Well apparently I'll have to sink another few months into my alt before I can sink those same hours, doing the same shit on my Maghar.

Is this what Blizzard calls "replayability"?

Allied races and heritage armor, both the leveling and the reputation (and slowing down leveling,) was a cheap yet legitimate way of getting more players to spend tons of time logged in between expansions. Having that still be the case when the expansion is still brand new, with new allied races especially, is a bit crap. There should be plenty of stuff to do in game without those extra grinds. If there isn't, that's a development problem.

And honestly, I wouldn't care at all about heritage sets if the raid armor didn't look worse than the leveling sets.

Quote Originally Posted by Gratlim View Post
    When gear / progression do not matter much anymore because of ilvl scaling / other players not caring, the only thing that does matter and feel exclusive is transmog / mounts and other cosmetic things.

For average snowflakes that is (ofc gear matters if you're in a Mythic guild / pro arena team).
    So those people are what? Pro Transmog Collectors? lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
    Because some of them are completely and utterly unique in the fact that in the Dark Iron and Lightforged cases, you can be a cloth character but look like you're wearing plate.
    I genuinely wish that I could level a dark iron dwarf..
    But, seeing as this is how Blizzard intended it, I'd have to level an alliance character to 120, then grind rep for a LONG time, only to unlock the race I want to play that I have to again level to 120 to finally feel like I got my moneys worth and the character I want to play.

Because again, this is content WE PAYED FOR.
    This was a prime selling point of the entire expansion.

EDIT: Just grinding rep and leveling is far from working for the reward, but also a SIGNIFICANT amount of time dedicated to doing something that is in no way challenging or fit to be criteria for unlocking allied races. It just doesn't make sense.
    THAT'S EXACTLY MY PROBLEM.

This is a race, why lock it behind such a looong detour.
    You level to 120, do the zone quests, do the whole war campaign, do the needlesly boring reputation grind JUST so you could level to 120, do the zone quests, do the whole war campaign, do the needlesly boring reputation grind AGAIN. On a NEW CHARACTER that you had to level, because Blizz stuck up and didn't let you use it on launch.

TBC let you use the races on launch.
    Wotlk let you use the class on launch.
    Cataclysm let you use the races on launch.
    MoP let you use the race/class on launch.
    Legion went the extra mile and let you use the class right away on the new content.
    BFA went the extra two hundred miles back and locked the races behind extremly stupid time gating.

Alliad races are fun for alting, but as someone who swapped main almost every expansion I can tell that you DON'T want to switch your main to an Allied Race, because blizzard hates you switching mains. (atleast the 100reps achievment will be account wide. AFTER WE COMPLAINED ABOUT IT FOR 2 MONTHS.)