Thread: New raid Jan 22

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

New raid Jan 22

Really, you release the patch on dec 11th and make us wait another month and 2 weeks for the raid??? Shame on your blizzard since December of last year we've gotten 1 mediocre raid. Shame on you blizzard this is pathetic.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They could have made us wait until 8.1.5 like they did for all of Legion.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard said that intended raid lifespan is 5-6 months (don't make me search for quote, I only remember this was stated somewhere around Legion launch). Nighthold and ToS lasted exactly 5.5 months. Uldir will have only 4.5 months on 22. January.

If they would listen to your whining and release raid every 3 months we would end with 14 month drought again. Of course right now WoW lacks fresh content outside raid, but it's completely different problem.

5+ Year Old Account
    Is it included Crucible of Storms?

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Its fine, raids releasing just before christmas are just a mess, no need to rush them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    They could have made us wait until 8.1.5 like they did for all of Legion.
    Except in Legion the patch cycle was 11 weeks, not 18 weeks and 7.1 came with a smaller raid right away and a large dungeon.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythic Merry View Post
    Is it included Crucible of Storms?
    No date on Crucible yet. I'd assume it's probably coming with 8.1.5 in like March/April.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    Really, you release the patch on dec 11th and make us wait another month and 2 weeks for the raid??? Shame on your blizzard since December of last year we've gotten 1 mediocre raid. Shame on you blizzard this is pathetic.
    Nothing new on that?

Happened in other expansions before.

Honestly, seeing another raid on December 12th is what I would've said too soon.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Except in Legion the patch cycle was 11 weeks, not 18 weeks and 7.1 came with a smaller raid right away and a large dungeon.
    Emerald launched on Sept 20th and NH dropped on Jan 18th comparing that BFA, its already shorter before even factoring in the mini raid on Nov 8th. 8.1 barely has anything to get it anywhere close to a Jan 8th release widow let alone the 22nd...

7+ Year Old Account
    I think you forget that there is a thing called christmas and new years?
    Also would you rather the raid be out when its not ready?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Emerald launched on Sept 20th and NH dropped on Jan 18th comparing that BFA, its already shorter before even factoring in the mini raid on Nov 8th. 8.1 barely has anything to get it anywhere close to a Jan 8th release widow let alone the 22nd...
    uhh what? 8.1 has alot of stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Not surprising that it would be Jan. FFXIV has a major patch around that time.

That much after the holidays is a little surprising but then waiting to release the raid until after the holidays is pretty par for the course with Blizz. It allows their employees time with their families instead of dealing with whiny players and bugs. It also allows for the player base to spend more time with their families and not feel forced to raid.

7+ Year Old Account
    Didn't you know they release raids on minipatches now? Aka X.X.5 patches, It'll release later, we're not technically getting a raid In 8.1, but 8.1.5 In January of February. They've done this since Legion, how are you surprised now.

It's a bad Idea btw, but they still do It. And If Blizzcon 2018 Is an Indicator of anything they don't listen to their fans anymore.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    I think you forget that there is a thing called christmas and new years?
    Also would you rather the raid be out when its not ready?

- - - Updated - - -

I'm not saying to should be before Christmas, no reason it couldnt be the first week of January. It's not like theres anything to do in 8.1 that wont be finished in 20 minutes of patch release. Also.... lfr wing 3 isn't even released until Feb 26 which is probably when they'll give us the races fi ally. So the patch comes out on dec 11 but we have to wait almost 3 months for allied races...
    Last edited by Re4leader1; 2018-12-06 at 08:46 PM.

I dont see a problem the raid being gated.
    I see a problem for them to release allied races announced 1 year ago gated together with it. And probably together with the last boss kill, which will be adorable for LFR players... /s

Nighthold released on Jan 17, which was the third Tuesday of the month. Jan 22 is the fourth Tuesday of the month. Not a huge difference there. The main issue is the lack of additional content. Karazhan was essentially a 5 man raid and then there was a mini raid as well. If 8.1 landed a month ago things would probably feel better than they do now timing-wise.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Unless you do M+ you get what exactly? A new warfront that'll be just as boring as the last one? New Islands that you may or may not even do since Islands are garbage content? Azerite changes that you won't see till the raid releases? Faction assaults that are just invasion 2.0? 8.1 is an extremely empty patch.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Unless you do M+ you get what exactly? A new warfront that'll be just as boring as the last one? New Islands that you may or may not even do since Islands are garbage content? Azerite changes that you won't see till the raid releases? Faction assaults that are just invasion 2.0? 8.1 is an extremely empty patch.
    What would satisfy you? I saw comments like this even after 7.3, which bring 3 new minizones. If you don't like new story, it doesn't matter if it will be on new mini-island or not. If you don't enjoy doing dailies (same with island/Warfront/pet battles, since it's same casual activity), you won't enjoy Incursions or new pet battle content, no matter when they'll place it. If you don't enjoy M+, new dungeon would keep you insterested for about 30 minutes.

If you just enjoy raid and are bored with current one after month, just subscribe every 4/5/6 months. Same with pvp seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    I see a problem for them to release allied races announced 1 year ago gated together with it. And probably together with the last boss kill, which will be adorable for LFR players... /s
    It's common knowledge that Zandalari/Kul Tiran will be released in 8.1.5 (and my guess is that we will see 4 more races in 8.2.5 and 8.3.5). It has nothing to do with raid (unless last quest of campaign will be tied to new raid). Knowing Blizz, and you know, reality, they will release 8.1.5 around end of Q1.
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2018-12-06 at 09:17 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    They'll make certain the races won't be unlockable before the final LFR wing is out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    What would satisfy you? I saw comments like this even after 7.3, which bring 3 new minizones. If you don't like new story, it doesn't matter if it will be on new mini-island or not. If you don't enjoy doing dailies (same with island/Warfront/pet battles, since it's same casual activity), you won't enjoy Incursions or new pet battle content, no matter when they'll place it. If you don't enjoy M+, new dungeon would keep you insterested for about 30 minutes.

If you just enjoy raid and are bored with current one after month, just subscribe every 4/5/6 months. Same with pvp seasons.
    You CAN'T subscribe every 4/5/6 months to raid, it's just not possible in a guilded environment. All I want them to do is bring what they are doing for M+ to raiding, allow us to work towards guaranteed rewards (and not the shitty "scrap Azerite Gear for minimal currency"). Raiding has felt like TRASH all expansion, to the point our whole group quit 3 weeks in, they need to bring back ML, ditch TF, and just bring back raiding to what it used to be back in MoP and prior.