Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Levelling a havoc DH is the best thing I have done in BFA

After much procrastination I finally leveled my DH to 120 after patch 8.1 went live last year. At 392 ilvl I Literally feel like a god in M+, I can out dps other classes 10 ilvls higher then me and dealing with explosives this week has been painless.

For the 1st time this xpac at least 1 person every couple of Dungeons asks me if they can add me as a friend to push keys with them. It feels good to be wanted but obviously I know they wouldn't care much if I was doing terrible dps and mechanically not doing things right.

Considering Illidan was my fav charactor since warcraft 3 I don't know why I didn't level 1 sooner.

Havoc demon hunter is one spec blizzard has really delivered on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightotemz View Post
    After much procrastination I finally leveled my DH to 120 after patch 8.1 went live last year. At 392 ilvl I Literally feel like a god in M+, I can out dps other classes 10 ilvls higher then me and dealing with explosives this week has been painless.

For the 1st time this xpac at least 1 person every couple of Dungeons asks me if they can add me as a friend to push keys with them. It feels good to be wanted but obviously I know they wouldn't care much if I doing terrible dps and mechanically not doing things right.

Considering Illidan was my fav charactor since warcraft 3 I don't know why I didn't level 1 sooner.

I have to agree that leveling a DH is fun. I deleted my Horde 110 Dh and made an Alliance one so I could do the stuff faster on that side to unlock KT Humans once they were opened. It was an absolute blast.

Definitely one of the most fun specs this expansion IMO.
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, DH has an amazing game flow around it. It's very fluid.
    Leveling my DH was definitely so much fun!

Started Gearing Mine recently too, been pushing M+ keys higher than i normally would higher into the teens, which is alot of fun. Dh is by far one of the most fleshed out classes in current wow. Its alot of fun and its very fluid. 10/10 would level again.

I didnt play Legion at all so i kindof had to level a DH in order to know whats happening when i fight one in PvP.
    It was so much fun i actually rerolled from mage (which i played in uldir and like every previous content) to DH now in BoD.

Give it a month or so, I was in your position as well. It gets boring extremely fast because the rotation is very bland. It was extremely fun though.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Give it a month or so, I was in your position as well. It gets boring extremely fast because the rotation is very bland. It was extremely fun though.
    I still find it fun. I played a DK since Wraith and decided to make a DH back before BFA dropped. I've loved the class ever since. Simple rotation yes but its rather nice seeing those high DPS numbers majority of the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well i do like demon hunter gameplay but a couple of things prevent me from really enjoying it... i dislike the look of metamorphosis both forms but super hate the tanking form and i super hate the size of demon spikes those are way to huge!

If those could be glyphed away i would play it! Fun gameplay tho

Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Bland? It's not a high complexity spec, sure, but there are plenty of worse ones in the game right now. My Destro Warlock got demoted to alt status because the spec was so boring and unrewarding to play. Havoc DH has room for optimizing around your Eye Beam CD and Demonic cycles while not being so complex that my performance goes down by 40% if I'm having a bad day or need to devote extra attention to raid leadering. That's pretty much exactly what I'm looking for.

For the 1st time this xpac at least 1 person every couple of Dungeons asks me if they can add me as a friend to push keys with them. It feels good to be wanted but obviously I know they wouldn't care much if I was doing terrible dps and mechanically not doing things right.

As long as you realize that this is an issue and not a good thing for the game, all is well.

Not to take anything away from you but doing well on the meters with a Demon Hunter is like not falling over on a bike with training wheels.

At this point I'm more impressed at those that can somehow not do well. :-P

Not just leveling, playing Havoc in general is fun. The spec is just very complete and overtuned to boot. It is just a very good melee DPS spec to have in almost all situations. It's like playing all the best parts of every other melee, reduced to 4 buttons (and i don#t mean that as a negative) and without all the downsides.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Not to take anything away from you but doing well on the meters with a Demon Hunter is like not falling over on a bike with training wheels.

At this point I'm more impressed at those that can somehow not do well. :-P
    Yep, literally with as few buttons as demon hunters have it would be nearly impossible not to do well. Short of afk'ing for the encounter.

Yet we excel at doing stuff the mages can't seem to do, like fuckin moving.
    []http://sig.lanjelin.com/img/tanro.png[/]

fel rush and glide have ruined every other class for me. its something i cant give up.

Are you surprised, when every group wants dh + rogue + 1 ranged? Every dh / rogue if they can press buttons gets more m+ invites and friend requests than any other melee, that's the current state of the m+ meta and spec balance.

https://raider.io/mythic-plus-rankin...MythicLevel=99

Since it doesn't seem Blizzard cares to shake up this meta at all, enjoy your flavour of the expansion, it will probably serve you well until at least 9.0.
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2019-02-16 at 04:27 AM.

This makes me happy hehe!

I’m coming back to the game this week and i’ve bene trying to decide between DH, Mage or Moonkin. Mainly gonna do mythic+ and PvP.

In which order would you guys rate the 3 in terms of “strong” right now for both PvP and M+?

its too bad veng is garbage

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    its too bad veng is garbage
    I main a healer and notice veng always takes wayyy more damage than other tanks. I’ve heard many others say the same. Any reason why this is?