Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I used it the day I got it and it's preloaded and ready to go
    Enjoy the yikes!

Just don't rush it, or you'll end up like the rage youtubers. The overarching story isn't anything mindblowing but the characters are really quirky and fun.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Figure the line of thought should be more ARPG and less shooter when it comes to that.
    And that's where I'm at on this topic: Does Bioware create more RPG-like encounters based on combinations of more simplified mechanics, or do they create more of an FPS arena shooter with encounters using sophisticated bots.

I suppose, given enough resources and time, there's room for both. I'll be interested to see which direction Bioware goes.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    And that's where I'm at on this topic: Does Bioware create more RPG-like encounters based on combinations of more simplified mechanics, or do they create more of an FPS arena shooter with encounters using sophisticated bots.

I suppose, given enough resources and time, there's room for both. I'll be interested to see which direction Bioware goes.
    I think the latter wouldn't work, as its simply not what this game is. The more I think on it, the more I feel like they would be better served working on the former.

Though I still think the javelins could use a lot of polish and work as well, especially interceptor.

- - - Updated - - -

Also on the whole reviewer scores... you got places like PCgamer giving it a lower score than they gave fallout 76.

I mean, if you think they have any credibility after rating this lower than FO76 then... yeah.

Gamers have some weird idea about reviewers here. The same person whining the game (which FYI totally deserve 6/10 and 6.5/10 this game is average at best for a full price released game). Then you turn around and whine they are paid by EA, ACTIVISION, ETC to give high scores, So which is it? Are they paid by EA to give good scores or do they hate EA and give anthem low scores?

How about using a little logic. Who ever makes the reviews for all these sites on all these games, its not just the same person. And everytime a review is out, its the opinion of ONE PERSON. Turns out the person from gamespot give it the same score id give it.

I think the latter wouldn't work, as its simply not what this game is. The more I think on it, the more I feel like they would be better served working on the former.

Though I still think the javelins could use a lot of polish and work as well, especially interceptor.
    I also think the game should probably focus on more deep RPG-like mechanics. Although that includes both new modifiers and abilities on the equipment as well as new encounter mechanics and objectives in the missions too!

Also on the whole reviewer scores... you got places like PCgamer giving it a lower score than they gave fallout 76.

I mean, if you think they have any credibility after rating this lower than FO76 then... yeah.
    Exactly. This game works just fine. I've had it crash on me ONCE in the ~20 hours I've put in since monday. And that was when I alt-tabbed during a loading screen. I think other people are having more severe issues, but I doubt it's the norm. the game is far from being "a buggy mess" or "still in beta", and sure as hell nowhere near FO76.

And on the topic of loading screens, yes, there are a fair amount of them. But on PC it's more of a minor annoyance than a serious issue. Console players....what can I say? You get what you pay for. If you've chosen the economy car of gaming, you don't get to complain when it doesn't perform as well. While Bioware shares some responsibility for releasing a better-working product, it's just as much the responsibility of console players to realize they're using outdated hardware.

The other issues with the game, such as a lack of end-game content, are legitimate complaints. I don't think it's fair to compare that drawback in light of games that have been out for 5+ years, though. And I hope scoring websites and youtube reviewers re-visit the game a month or two from now and score accordingly.

Whether or not EA gives Bioware that chance tho....we'll see.
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2019-02-22 at 04:09 AM.

I'm really loving Spark Dash now it that it got fixed. I want to start working on Ranger and Colossus but I can't bring myself to get off the Interceptor lol, just too much fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    A dev even said in some interview that you can complete the story solo... not as far as ive seen since if you go into freeplay you are literally forced to get into a grp with other players. And you are forced to go into freeplay atleast twice. Its not the biggest deal but its an outright lie saying you can do it solo,
    Heh, I have the opposite complaint about freeplay. It's too hard to group up, and when you finally do, the other person leaves after one event. So freeplay is mostly solo for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryzek View Post
    I'm really loving Spark Dash now it that it got fixed. I want to start working on Ranger and Colossus but I can't bring myself to get off the Interceptor lol, just too much fun.
    I just wish it were a primer, makes no sense as a detonator since its your engage. Would be so sweet to dash in then drop the boot and get a combo. But yeah that and venom spray are much more usable now.

Loading times / frequency are still shitty even on pc. It's Bioware's job to take these things into account and try as hard as possible to make a game that can be played by the lowest common denominator. If they can't make it work, than that is on them alone and it is a valid and major thing to complain about.

Those players that can't or don't want to pay the premium to have the inconvenience lessened are free to go elsewhere, I agree. But don't put bad game design on them.
    Una melodía tocada por las cuerdas de nuestras almas,
    y el ritmo que nos sacudió hasta el hueso

Vanilla WoW loading was more impressive than this game

15+ Year Old Account
    Well my raid is over so here I go I guess

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Vanilla WoW loading was more impressive than this game
    K. Go play some vanilla then.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    K. Go play some vanilla then.
    I cant im still on a loading screen for anthem

15+ Year Old Account
    at least owen sounds fuckin sexy

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    So you're making the point that a bunch of sheeple are going to see low scores from paid outlets and scoring websites(who are known for not meeting due diligence), then not buy the game because they never bothered to take a real look?

The sad thing is, you're probably right. Publishers like EA put too much stock in those same scoring websites, too.
    Are you claiming reviews are paid for when an EA published game bombs with them? You realize that makes no sense right? If reviews could be bought, every EA game would be 8/10 minumum.

And yes, reviews matter a hell of a lot for sales whether you like it or not. The NPD guys proved this by showing the massive spike in preorders of GoW when it's review scores came out and it was hovering around 96 MC.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2019-02-22 at 06:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    I cant im still on a loading screen for anthem
    You realize they took care a majority of the loading issues with the patch right? How about just butting out of the thread as you're just trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by kaelleria View Post
    You realize they took care a majority of the loading issues with the patch right? How about just butting out of the thread as you're just trolling.
    dont opinion shame. My experiences are as valid as any other. And the loading screens combined with the lifeless POV experience in town with scripted NPCS that remind me of early 2000's games are a massive annoyance.

Whats the point of shiny graphics and glossy armor suits trying to sell the RPG dream when they dont even advance basic gameplay elements.

The loading times sometimes are off, yes... But they are not insanely long (normally), if you take a game like Destiny 2, loading times there are really long as well. The difference however is how it is handled, in Destiny you have a really cool animation taking your mind off of the fact you are just waiting, in Anthem it's just an static picture and even all music stops when it's loading... It's infuriating .

15+ Year Old Account
    Even just 2 hours in, i can tell this isnt going to be the live service hit ea was excepting. Itll have its whales, but it wont keep players for long. I dont hate it, but id rather finish spiderman and try s+ re2 runs

Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    Game is getting pretty bad reviews in any case. I mean, 69 on Metacritics for press side, which is typically 10 to 20 higher than user ratings... that's not good
    Mass Effect Andromeda got 70 Metacritic and that was bad enough to kill the IP and the studio.