Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Yeah, BfA didnt really deliver. All I can say is just to unsub and maybe return to the game at a later time. For me that time is 8.2.

I hated WoD and unsubbed rather early there and didnt regret it one bit. In fact, it probably made me enjoy Legion alot more cause I had been away from the game for a longer time. It was a fresh feeling logging in again. When I got the same feeling in BfA like in WoD, I just unsubbed. No reason to give Blizzard money for something I dont enjoy.

Vote with your wallet. It matters.

The problem I see is that on the one hand people always want to have reward for doing something, that's why many ignore the micro holidays and on the other hand people complain that they are rewarded too much and too fast.

I think that many people are just to focused on gear and getting bis gear, if the only sense of progression you have is connected to getting better gear the current situation is probably bad for them. Therefore I've come to the conclusion for me that gear is only a tool to do anything in the game. Of course I enjoy getting an upgrade with bis stats but it wears off pretty fast.

What I don't understand is what the people that have nothing to do would like to do in the game?
    Because the sense of progression in earlier expansions, that is refered to, was imho mainly due to scarcity of loot and therefor artificially keeping the raid content relevant. And people tend to forget that most mechanics like attunements and heroic keys or a straight raid progression with no shortcuts that are praised as game savers, were rather controversial topics at the time because of artificially stretching and gating of the content.

The only thing that is half decent is PvP. And that is probably only by accident

Quote Originally Posted by Barzotti View Post
    Except the title is "there is nothing to do", not "I'm bored".
    "I'm bored" is a legitimate complaint, "there is nothing that interests me" is a legitimate complaint, "I don't like the game" or whatever is a legitimate complaint.
    "There is nothing to do" is fucking bullshit. Except when you actually did everything or at least dungeons/raids/PvP at the highest level.
    So you're arguing semantics. It's pretty obvious to anyone with half a brain what the OP means. Blizzard haven't invested thousands of man hours and millions of dollars into a game that's been receiving regular updates and injections of new content since development began in 1999 for any one single human being to ever be at the point where the phrase "there's nothing to do" should be taken as literally as you claim.
    Last edited by Jyggalag; 2019-04-02 at 12:31 PM.

I don't know, knowing that classic is around the corner means patch 8.1.5 is probably the last time I will play WoW retail for a long time. So i am doing the remaining unlocks of allied races and level up some of those new races for the next expansion since I will probably favor classic over dull retail until a new expansion launches and check that out. I am actually glad that retail and classic will coexist with the same sub, I don't think I will unsubscribe again since both MMOs are vastly different in design and philosophy. Want a meaningful experience and a big timesink? Play classic. Want a more relaxed MMO experience where gear doesn't matter? Play retail. Having both is kinda exclusive, so I think classic and retail with one sub will be a big success for Blizzard and have a big revival of the WoW franchise.

I am usually start/end of expansion subscriber, but this time I came back in the middle of it to prepare for classic and do everything that is meaningful to do, it's mainly just allied races and some mounts and leveling, the rest vanishes with every new expansion.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2019-04-02 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    if you are bored with game just quit

instead claiming there is nothing to do .

simple as that.
    So despite the fact that the OP and many players like them could have potentially been playing the game for well over a decade now, have invested countless time and money into something that they've became attached to, something that might have had a significant impact on their life, you should "just quit", since it's obviously so easy for most people?

No feedback is allowed unless it's positive according to you. MMO champ should be this echo chamber of praise for a once great game in it's now sorry state, rather than a public forum where opinions can be shared in the hopes of finding like minded individuals or in the hopes that blizzard representatives read these threads.

Nice meme.

If you don't agree with the OP just don't reply. Simple as that.

Edit: while I personally agree with you (I've quit long ago and don't plan on returning until Classic), not everyone can, and those people shouldn't be silenced because their experience doesn't match yours.
    Last edited by Jyggalag; 2019-04-02 at 12:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    I dont think the creator of this thread realises theres a difference between "nothing to do in the game" and "im bored of the game". Even if you complete every achiv in the game, theres still stuff to do in a way, you just wont get achivs for doing the acitivity.

Example: when are you really "done" with doing random bgs? As long as someone find it fun, they will continue to do it.

In the end many people are just bored, they havent run out of stuff to do.
    Because it is really hard to find on mmo c people with basic reading skills

It feels like there is nothing to do. Everything is kinda useless and I will definietly not do things like pet battle or getting transmogs etc. the game is just really dry and repetitive. At least back then you slowly unlocked everything, by doing hard quests to get keys to dungeons etc. nowadays everything is instant and nothing has value in WoW.
    OP already stated that he is bored and his own POV of the game.

So the real question to ask isnt "DURR BUT YOU DID 9/9 M? GLAD? PET DUNGEON?" but "Why people are getting BORED but still WANT TO PLAY WOW [Classic or pre BFA]?" because that is the real issue, if somebody doesnt like WoW he wouldnt make a thread but just quit.
    Last edited by Daikoku; 2019-04-02 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bethrezen View Post
    Just give me Classic already and its not fucked up with Blizz shop nonsense or changes.
    and here we have real reason

its classic crowd atacking again

dont worry - in 3 months your classic will land and fail completly

then we will be the ones spamming your forums with - " i have nothing to do blizz give me content to do" in classic .

because once you lol-rotflstomp raids on first raid night there will be really nothing to do there

and here we have real reason

its classic crowd atacking again

dont worry - in 3 months your classic will land and fail completly

then we will be the ones spamming your forums with - " i have nothing to do blizz give me content to do" in classic .

because once you lol-rotflstomp raids on first raid night there will be really nothing to do there
    Ofc 1 post = entire crowd

also 3 months to classic? proof?

and regarding to "fail" you mean failing like early BFA or just current BFA?

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    So despite the fact that the OP and many players like them could have potentially been playing the game for well over a decade now, have invested countless time and money into something that they've became attached to, something that might have had a significant impact on their life, you should "just quit", since it's obviously so easy for most people?

No feedback is allowed unless it's positive according to you. MMO champ should be this echo chamber of praise for a once great game in it's now sorry state, rather than a public forum where opinions can be shared in the hopes of finding like minded individuals or in the hopes that blizzard representatives read these threads.

Nice meme.

If you don't agree with the OP just don't reply. Simple as that.

Edit: while I personally agree with you (I've quit long ago and don't plan on returning until Classic), not everyone can, and those people shouldn't be silenced because their experience doesn't match yours.
    yes.

if they are bored they should just quit

if they dont have any goals in game they should quit.

its their problem that they are addicted to the point that they are doing stuff that is not fun to them.

also lol at "invested countless hours" - pretty weak investment as it never gave them anything irl . besides wasted time,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daikoku View Post
    Ofc 1 post = entire crowd

also 3 months to classic? proof?

and regarding to "fail" you mean failing like early BFA or just current BFA?
    BfA is making more $$$$ then ever.

you wish classic performs 0,00001% as well as BfA

BfA is making more $$$$ then ever.

you wish classic performs 0,00001% as well as BfA
    I call BS since you didn't bring ANY proof to back up this claim.

Because it is really hard to find on mmo c people with basic reading skills

OP already stated that he is bored and his own POV of the game.

So the real question to ask isnt "DURR BUT YOU DID 9/9 M? GLAD? PET DUNGEON?" but "Why people are getting BORED but still WANT TO PLAY WOW [Classic or pre BFA]?" because that is the real issue, if somebody doesnt like WoW he wouldnt make a thread but just quit.
    Might aswell start calling it an addiction then. Bored of it, but keeps doing it day after day. All the while getting upset that theres nothing to do.

Discussions can be had about that or how to make the game more fun. But "fun" is different to people, so theres no correct answer there. Its complicated and not a black/white answer to it, but its clear to me that theres alot of people out there that REALLY wants wow to be fun, cause they will play the game no matter what.

- - - Updated - - -

I call BS since you didn't bring ANY proof to back up this claim.
    Well they do make alot of money of wow. With race change, faction change, server change, pets, mounts etc on the shop they generate alot of value. They dont rely so heavy on sub numbers as they once did.

Just think about all the money they have made from people race changing to KT, DI, Zandalari etc.

I bet Blizzard aint that fuzzed about sub numbers going down atm since they generate so much money between patches/xpacs from other venues within the game it dont matter.

Quote Originally Posted by crusadernero View Post
    Well they do make alot of money of wow. With race change, faction change, server change, pets, mounts etc on the shop they generate alot of value. They dont rely so heavy on sub numbers as they once did.

Just think about all the money they have made from people race changing to KT, DI, Zandalari etc.
    So basically they are not making money out of pure subs but need to milk player through : BI-Monthly Mounts and Race Change when they release new races.

A bit different than Legion mhhh where they could have done extra buck only with people subbing to finish tower mage for example?

You are just a whale for Blizzard, no matter if there will be 1milion sub before 8.2, if those buy any mount pet or whatever they sell on the shop it will be easier for them rather than making actual content to make 3 milioni people subs back.
    ---------

Might aswell start calling it an addiction then. Bored of it, but keeps doing it day after day. All the while getting upset that theres nothing to do.

Discussions can be had about that or how to make the game more fun. But "fun" is different to people, so theres no correct answer there. Its complicated and not a black/white answer to it, but its clear to me that theres alot of people out there that REALLY wants wow to be fun, cause they will play the game no matter what.
    No, it is an addiction if you continue play no matter what, but we already see that there are people that quitted or went on a break waiting for classic or 8.2

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    So you have nothing to do (well, rather...there are things but you do not like to do them). Fair enough.

Wouldn't the obvious thing be to move to another game / hobby (and if you generally still enjoy WoW come back when there is something to do?)

Oh wait..the obvious thing is to make a "back in my day" post and look generally gloomy and depressed.

Thanks grandpa.
    You've been around long enough to know this is just how some people are.
    It's better to talk about how they had to attune to MC barefoot walking uphill both ways than to just move on, right?

But to the topic.
    When you "actually" compare this xpac to any prior, there is "actually" more features in game and more "things to do" today than ever before.
    The thread's title should be "There is actually nothing to want to do" to be more accurate.
    Then, it would be fine... a waste of time, sure, as there are several threads about this already, but fine.
    It's the misrepresentation of "things to do" paired with the "i canceled sub" bandwagoners that like to blow it out of proportion because it's the cool thing to do.
    Just going quietly to another game? Nah.
    That would be too easy.
    They love WoW soo much that harping on the same things in a forum alleviates their pain, maybe, or gives them the delusion that someone of value (read: Blizzard decision-makers) will see it and go "hm, maybe we *should* roll live back to the BC days".

But if you truly think that "back in the day" there was more to do, well, no, there wasn't. That's fact.
    Did it take longer? Yep, sure did.
    Was it better? That's where opinion comes in and that's what you make of it.

So making a Thread about how OP doesn't feel that current WoW is anywhere worth is time, just to see if he is the only one or not.

Is wrong? mhh

Also again why people are changing what OP said, just to prove their point?

It may seem kind of ironic, but every time I see these kinds of posts, it cements for me just how incredible WoW has been over the years. Blizzard will never be able to recreate the experience from those early raids. And the game is still so good that no other game comes close enough for some people to walk away from it to do literally anything else with their lives. For no other game do people troll forums talking about how it's not as fun anymore. For most other games, in fact, people just stop playing and move on to something else.

I missed out on a ton of good games over the years as WoW would pull me back in each expansion. I managed to catch up on some of them, but not all. And those I did get to I was years late in experiencing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    do you remember the TBC patch that added nothing but a few crafting recipes and voice chat?
    yeah that was a major patch.
    Well what else is there to add when the game back then was pretty much perfect?

Quote Originally Posted by Greyscale View Post
    Sounds like you need a break. Luckily there are lots of really good games around.
    May I suggest Division 2? It's quite good with RPG-like elements.
    It's an MMORPG... the genre shouldn't promote "breaks" in an ongoing story/progression. The content is thin.

10+ Year Old Account
    I actually unsubbed for the first time since launch.
    Mainly because, as I wasn't really a fan of Legion, BfA feels like Legion but less interesting and the specs got a lot more boring.

I could probably type out an essay regarding the specifics of what I don't enjoy about the game anymore, but it's been done to death on this forum either way. Right now I'm just waiting for Classic and hoping that the next expansion is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    It feels like there is nothing to do. Everything is kinda useless and I will definietly not do things like pet battle or getting transmogs etc. the game is just really dry and repetitive. At least back then you slowly unlocked everything, by doing hard quests to get keys to dungeons etc. nowadays everything is instant and nothing has value in WoW.
    I agree completely, I'm just sitting here waiting patiently.