Poll: Gilbin or Vulpera for horde allied race?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Neither, they are both horrible.

Vulpera. easy answer
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd prefer neither, but for this Vulpera; not because they are cute and fuzzy wuzzys, but because they could be vicious foxes. Decent animalistic counterpart to Gilenean Wolves.
    If you take the wings off of a fly, is it a walk?

5+ Year Old Account
    Vulpera, because Gilbins are less appealing to me than goblins. I just really don't like the concept and while Vulpera are cute they at least have more to offer to a wider audience of players.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

We've listened to the players, we know what you want for the next Allied Race and we are happy to announce it is... UNDEAD ELVES FOR THE HORDE AND LIGHT FORGED ELVES FOR THE ALLIANCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Horde already has plenty of potential Allied Races tbh, the Horde has always had a large variety of allies.

Alliance are almost certainly getting mechagnomes and ankoan. I'm pretty sure the whole reason Alliance is getting a new race to ally with in Nazjatar while Horde is getting repurposed generic enemies is that Alliance just doesn't have enough allies to pull from for compelling Allied Races.
    This time 100! I really hope we get the water warriors over mechagnomes or what ever! Then again, if Alliance were getting mechagnomes down the line, it would be more plausable now that we can hide a lot of the armor we wear

Alliance just doesn't have enough allies to pull from for compelling Allied Races.
    This right here.

Of the existing lore subraces... what the hell does Alliance have?

-High Elf (can of worms, but already stated why they didn't do them)
    -Wildhammer (did Dark Iron instead, could still come later)
    -Regular Mechagnomes?
    -?????????????

Alliance has shit-all for Subraces, it's why they have to make new ones and new species that use existing rigs/animations for them. It's why they get so many "asspull races"... there are barely any GOOD alliance subraces at all! Hence the completely new culture/model/theme Mechagnomes and likely a fish monster race to give them something "Hordeish" as well. Complete with additional existing Alliance ties (Gnomes and Jinyu).

EDIT: I should add, I'm a longtime Alliance player and I love the so-called "asspulls" (Void Elves, new version of Kul Tiras with half giants, new Mechas from what I've seen). Just because something isn't old WC2/WC3 lore doesn't mean it's bad, and Alliance culture has been boring as shit for too long.
    Last edited by EbaumsTipster; 2019-04-11 at 11:04 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't like either of those but Gilbins are... blue goblins so... Vulpera it is
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Oh lord, we have to choose between those 2 ugly and vile creatures?

Well if I have to choose between the 2 I'll definitely choose the lesser of 2 evils.

...vulpera

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Curious, which will you prefer? Gilbin are coming in 8.2, though we have seen them from 4.0 in goblin areas and Vashjir.. lot of excitement about Vulpera who use the same skelteon so is a possibility.

Mechagon is strongly hinting the alliance allied race will be Mechagnomes or junker gnomes - whatever their name is, so the horde will likely get a little race - the choice is either Vulpera or Gilbins.. which would you prefer?
    Meh, your poll are skewered.

Gilbin only has the goblin connection due to ancestry, nothing more.

Vulpera has connection to the heart of the Horde, they are nomads, yet warrior spirited with a touch of enginuitive minds. Basically Tauren, Orcs and Goblins, in one.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They already have the vulpera models finished, and they're way more unique.

Gilblins honestly just aren't that interesting, even if they revamped the models with more mutation cosmetic options, they're basically just goblins.
    Didn't stop us from getting a bunch of other completely lackluster allied races like Lightforged Draenei, Highmountain Tauren, Mag'har Orc and Dark Iron Dwarves. The Nightborne and Void Elves aren't great but at least they bring a new rig to their respective factions, not just super lazy minor cosmetic differences slapped on an existing race for the faction and calling it a day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huanjia View Post
    Didn't stop us from getting a bunch of other completely lackluster allied races like Lightforged Draenei, Highmountain Tauren, Mag'har Orc and Dark Iron Dwarves. The Nightborne and Void Elves aren't great but at least they bring a new rig to their respective factions, not just super lazy minor cosmetic differences slapped on an existing race for the faction and calling it a day.
    Remember two years ago when all people wanted was Dark Iron and Mag'har skins for the existing models? We get that, and more, and people still find reasons to complain about them being "super lazy."

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gilbins? Hell nah. They are just wet goblins. Murlocs would be more interesting.

Vulperas at least are different enough, and have cool parallels to the Goblin culture. They trade a lot, too!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Of the existing lore subraces... what the hell does Alliance have?
    Realistically, based on current lore, I can see the Alliance eventually getting Broken draenei and Wildhammer dwarves. Maybe furbolgs, but probably not. So, basically, another dwarf variant and another draenei variant.

I think the junker gnomes and ankoan will essentially be fleshed out versions of mechagnomes and jinyu with more robust lore and customization.

I could see them potentially doing something similar with the vrykul in the future; I've previously floated the idea of making the empty zone north of Stratholme into "Tirisheim" and having it be the resting place of Tyr's Hand, watched over by a sleeping tribe of diminutive, proto-human vrykul, loyal to Odyn and opposed to Sylvanas and Helya.

The Light-raised undead, whatever they will be called, I could still see going either way. If Sylvanas exits the Horde, I could easily see Calia stepping in as the new leader of the Forsaken, with the Horde perhaps getting Light-themed undead that have more humanoid models, similar to Nathanos. Or she could lead a faction of undead who have been welcomed into the Alliance. Which honestly still seems like a weird choice to me.

The Horde just already has such better options. I think vulpera are a shoe-in at this point, especially because players are expecting them.

I think there's obviously also always been a desire to have ogres on the Horde, and while I don't think we'll get playable ogres, I do think that playable Mok'nathal is exactly the kind of compromise Blizzard would get behind; they're basically "cooler ogres" after all. Rexxar's model being fully designed under the mask and armor makes that seem even more likely to me.

And I think we'll get another Forsaken option at some point, whether that be Light-raised, or simply "fresh corpses" like Nathanos and Derek, or perhaps even San'layn. While I don't think people necessarily want a third elven race in the Horde, undead elves have certainly always been a staple of the Forsaken in the lore -- I mean, they're ruled by one. Hell, they could just give pointy ears as an option for the "fresh corpse" Allied Race if that's the direction they might consider going, and similar to the Mag'har representing all of Draenor's clans, make them comprised of undead raised from lost Kul Tiran, Gilnean, Darnassian, and Thalassian fleets.

I would say it's pretty easy to find out if Gilbins are a choice for a future AR, will they get female models or not. Could very well be, but since they are more or less a failed experiment by Hobart Grapplehammer.

Also Snowblossom will see the Virmen, so let's bet on discussions for them as a future Race, haha.

I think there's obviously also always been a desire to have ogres on the Horde, and while I don't think we'll get playable ogres, I do think that playable Mok'nathal is exactly the kind of compromise Blizzard would get behind; they're basically "cooler ogres" after all. Rexxar's model being fully designed under the mask and armor makes that seem even more likely to me.
    I'm absolutely amazed not many people believe Mok'nathal are happening. Why ELSE would they spend so much time on the Kul Tiran rig, developing all these new animations, if they weren't going to be reused for Horde?

Quote Originally Posted by Alga View Post
    I would say it's pretty easy to find out if Gilbins are a choice for a future AR, will they get female models or not. Could very well be, but since they are more or less a failed experiment by Hobart Grapplehammer.

Also Snowblossom will see the Virmen, so let's bet on discussions for them as a future Race, haha.
    Fish tits or Gelblin boobs will soft confirm an AR, yeah.

They showed Gilbin as still using the Cata model at Blizzcon, which means no women, so no Allied Race. Thread over.
    You can briefly see what sure seems to be a female gilblin in the preview videos released today. It's subtle, but the model in the shot looks slimmer than the boxy gilblin lads we've had since Cataclysm.

Granted, gilblins getting updated models doesn't really confirm or deny anything, because goblins are due for a model update anyway. They could very well just exist for variety. We'll see soon enough next week!

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    You can briefly see what sure seems to be a female gilblin in the preview videos released today. It's subtle, but the model in the shot looks slimmer than the boxy gilblin lads we've had since Cataclysm.

Granted, gilblins getting updated models doesn't really confirm or deny anything, because goblins are due for a model update anyway. They could very well just exist for variety. We'll see soon enough next week!

Oh man, if female Gilblins are a thing, there's going to be a HUGE tizzy about Vulpera. I think Vulpera are still a shoe-in on the amount of work gone into them alone (plus the story hints0 but it's going to stir a shit ton of trolling about "lol we have the REAL goblin AR now!"

Oh man, if female Gilblins are a thing, there's going to be a HUGE tizzy about Vulpera. I think Vulpera are still a shoe-in on the amount of work gone into them alone (plus the story hints0 but it's going to stir a shit ton of trolling about "lol we have the REAL goblin AR now!"
    Yeah, no doubt. I'd honestly like to have both, but I realize that's unlikely. Imagine if goblins could unlock gilblin customization and gnomes junker gnome customization. If gilblins are mutant goblins, and junker gnomes are amputated gnomes, you could possibly make it make some degree of sense...

Maybe there will just be a toy that transforms you into a gilblin? I don't know, I just can't see both gilblins and vulpera becoming allied races for the Horde at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutineer View Post
    Yeah, no doubt. I'd honestly like to have both, but I realize that's unlikely. Imagine if goblins could unlock gilblin customization and gnomes junker gnome customization. If gilblins are mutant goblins, and junker gnomes are amputated gnomes, you could possibly make it make some degree of sense...

Maybe there will just be a toy that transforms you into a gilblin? I don't know, I just can't see both gilblins and vulpera becoming allied races for the Horde at the same time.
    I think the Gilblins will have a tiny amount of customization compared to the Mechagnomes, which have at LEAST customization for ears, chin, eyes, hands, legs and feet. But maybe they're getting a complete overhaul that makes them AR worthy?

It's totally possible that they are making Vulpera animations entirely new so that they can be a 9.0 "new race" and not the "Goblin AR".