Page 7 of 81 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    yes because ppl like to 'forget' that vanilla had more players than BFA, even if half of them will play it, that is still far more than current playerbase
    this 'niche' market has far more playerbase than current market
    also for ppl who hate cash market, vanilla so far seems to have no market shop, u actually have to play, no cheat of anything, no spend 20$ to token powerlvl urself (be it boost, or just flat out buy gear from AH), so that means ppl who want to cheat won't play it either, so again great
    the problem is vanilla greatest strength was community... that is something that no idea if it will be repeated or not
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

The thing is retail keeps losing subs, so classic can't fail as hard as retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Many will see how slow the game play is and how hard things can be if done poorly once they hit their first dungeon and the shine will quickly fade.
    Oh the tears of people trying to get to the Deadmines will be amusing
    RETH

Quote Originally Posted by justandulas View Post
    In a weird way, yes. Typically the classes that were bad at pvp shined in pve, or vice versus. Or shined during leveling

Think of classic as three intersecting circles of pve, pvp, leveling and you’ll see it’s more balanced then vs now in that regard

In live, let’s not act like every class is great in pvp or pve. Or raiding.

Go ahead and enhancement shamans how good they are now vs classic
    Get out!

Most specs weren't even viable for raiding.

Also, who effin cares about shining during leveling if you are not viable for anything end-game? What sort of backwards logic is this? That is nostalgia speaking, nothing else.

In live every spec is VIABLE. You don't run the risk of wasting your time leveling a class or playing a spec you love to get to the game and go: Sorry, we don't want you, unless it's super hardcore mythic raiding. And even so, that is retarded cause all specs are viable. The difference is tiny, unlike vanilla where say a moonkin spec is not viable cause it runs out of mana. Like wtf! Being slightly underpowered and being outright broken are very different things.
    Last edited by Swnem; 2019-05-19 at 03:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sansnom View Post
    How do you know this? That is quite a claim to make.

Same as this one.

Realize what? You are assuming that all current players never played during classic? Some has and have a different option to classic. They are just different.

You call people trolling yet yet make negative remarks about others who simply hold a different opinion of the game.

No one ever said they were the same game. WoW has migrated and changed over the years.
    I'm sure this person is someone that only watches streamers who are hyped for classic and think everyone is like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    It will for a while, until people realize why Blizzard introduced alot of the (highly requested) features we now take for granted.

It will remain well populated though regardless, and it better well should after all the years of whining about it.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Classic will be a major, major hit.
    I totally expect somewhere between 4-5 million users logging in in the first month of launch and at least hundred thousand sticking around to raid and be a lively community on at least 3-4 servers.
    If I would guess they will launch 5 servers with the layering tech that would be like 15-20 normal server, that might handle the load of logins.
    But if there are too many people playing on one server the AH will be crazy.

Damn, I miss those days, 1g was really worth something.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaoc View Post
    Classic will be a major, major hit.
    I totally expect somewhere between 4-5 million users logging in in the first month of launch and at least hundred thousand sticking around to raid and be a lively community on at least 3-4 servers.
    First few months is not a good metric for an MMO. I too think there will be a few millions initially. The real test is how many at the end of the first year.

I don't really know... it is a radical change to go from live to classic. I imagine a lot of people are going to be put off by the fact leveling to 30 takes longer then some guilds took to clear all of mythic in a tier.

BFA is just the worst its ever been so its possible classic will over take it but at the end of the day the two cater to extremely different players.

Classic will fail.

It's just another WoW killer to add to the long list of WoW killers.

Doubt classic will usurp retail. As stated already it’s mostly for nostalgia and to re capture the essence of what wow was. But players have been given the easy train for so long it will be a difficult challenge for them to re adjust back to harder times.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    At first it Proabbly will but it won’t last. Classic content won’t grab new players just as it didn’t in wrath and people who played before will get tired of the lack of new content after they have cleared the easier raids and dungeons. Mabye PvP will hold an audience but it won’t be huge.

Probably not.

However I do think that Vanilla will have a stronger persistent community.

>Classic had like 6-8 times BFA numbers but Classic is the niche market

nice meme
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

15+ Year Old Account
    Classic will attract the BDSM people ^^

I have a question for you all.

How will we actually know if it overtakes, as to have classic you need a current WoW subscription?

Blizzard only ever posts the MAU's now, so all you will see is a total number of subs. I can honestly seem them very rarely, if ever, split these down to how active people are on the two versions of the game.

Yes, you can assume that due to classic, x number of people started to subscribe, but to be honest, I don't think Blizzard is that bothered as people who are paying just for classic will have access to retail anyway, so if they are bored and not played it for a while, may well try it out again. I think that is the whole ethos behind them doing classic. Not as a pure fan service, but to get people to just play the damn game again.
    Last edited by LeftyDPS; 2019-05-19 at 04:58 PM.

Classic will be popular and very populated, but there's no way in hell that it will ever overtake retail\live\most recent\wtv.

To much over hype about classic. Give it six to twelve months to see how things go. Then you also have to factor in all the content patches and how long its gonna take to release them for classic.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope.

/tenchars
    Zorn | Vynd | Pheraz | Sylwina | Mondlicht | Eis | Blut | Emerelle - Plus 20 more...