Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    The funny thing is that the latest book (F&B) basically said that Dragons can't and won't cross the Wall.
    D&D basically took a giant dump on all of the magical elements of the story.

5+ Year Old Account
    HBO hasn't released the 'making of' which they do after each episode, and no trailer for the documentary that comes out next week? It's like they are embarrassed...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    What a terrible fucking ending. Lets hope GRRM goes with something completely different in the books cause this whole season was complete garbage.
    The ending will be the same, it's how we get there is the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Meh, GoT season 1-4 -> anything they do with Lotr
    I don't know how you could even justify that after the ending of this last episode or the last season. Even as a Game of Thrones fan. Lord of the Rings is just objectively better. The verdict is in. It's a fact. We now have the science to prove it. Sorry, mate.

7+ Year Old Account
    im wondering if RR will change things in the book seeing the disapproval from the fanbase about the end

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    HBO hasn't released the 'making of' which they do after each episode, and no trailer for the documentary that comes out next week? It's like they are embarrassed...
    Making of is always great, this shows production is fantastic. It's the inside episodes when you hear D&D try and explain shit is beyond retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    None of the dialogue in this episode even mentions that the city had surrendered by the time Daenerys decided to torch it.
    Tyrion told that to Danaerys and then to Jon.

For some reason, Greyworm decided to let Tyrion talk and convince everyone that Wikipedia should be the next king, amazing scene!

What a garbage finale.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    im wondering if RR will change things int e book seeing the disapproval from the fanbase about the end
    I dont think so considered everything says the war against the Whitewalkers will be left for last

Quote Originally Posted by Drosul View Post
    I figured the leaks where gonna be real but good lord it was still stupid...

Jon going back to the wall....when there's no reason for a wall to begin with... Whatever... he left to go north and apparently just abandoned his vows again. At least he pet the dog finally.

Greyworm and his army not just told to screw off.... At least they're all going to die to butterflies.

Dothraki just got completely ignored.... Probably running around westeros in open fields.

Ironborne under Yara.... for some reason still part of the 7K(6k) despite being granted freedom by Daenarys in Mereen.

Bronn, a dude who didn't even understand the concept of loaning/borrowing money or interest, made master of coin...

Disappointed at:

-No mention of Bran being able to train the next 3ER, and just have that be the next king.

-Night's watch having vows... if John was forced to go back and reform the Night's Watch, he could have made the vows whatever the hell he wanted. It's not technically the 7k

-No one pointing out that John was just executing the traitor/usurper to his throne.

-I was hoping they'd have gone back to the very far north and shown that baby that the Night King turned of Craster's, being somehow protected/still alive via being in that circle where it was created.... basically it becoming the next Night King

Finally, I still think a better overall ending for the show would have been the Night King winning the battle of Winterfell, killing EVERYONE in the north (but give them good deaths), then coming down stomping the entire south because of Cersei's stupidity/ ending the show at episode 4 with the Night King victorious.... Better than what we got, at least
    the baby died when the night king died.everything the night king toutched died the night arya killed him and exploded in ice
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

If North is allowed to seceded like that - what will stop Dorne and Iron Islands from doing the same?

The geopolitical aspect of the canon has been entirely forgotten.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Fist View Post
    I don't know how you could even justify that after the ending of this last episode or the last season. Even as a Game of Thrones fan. Lord of the Rings is just objectively better. The verdict is in. It's a fact. We now have the science to prove it. Sorry, mate.
    i said season one to four, i didn't say season eight. First four seasons will not be topped by Lotr.

Quote Originally Posted by -aiko- View Post
    I was so disappointed that I cried.

Is it fitting that Tormund and Jon fuck off to go be lumberjacks? Lol

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, how do the Unsullied start their own house when their dicks don't work?
    There there. I just echoed my Asian parents, and was merely impassively disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I don't to derail the thread but Kennedy, nor the directors dictate the story. The video doesn't describe how the franchise actually works. Kennedy can say, 'this doesn't work, change it' but this not her position. Running Lucafilms =/= creative director. The Lucas Story Group is what drives the creative narrative of SW stories. Abrams, Johnson, the DnDs, any author, comic book writer, video game director, must stick within the bounds and direction set by the Lucas Story Group.
    That's completely contrary to what the story group has said their actual role is. They don't decide the story or direction, both Abrams and Johnson have said they were given free reign to do whatever they wanted, with no guidelines on where the story is supposed to end up. The story group are just there to maintain continuity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MakeMeLaugh View Post
    For some reason, Greyworm decided to let Tyrion talk and convince everyone that Wikipedia should be the next king, amazing scene!
    You're forgetting the fact that the entire Unsullied and Dothraki didn't kill Jon instantly for killing their Queen.

But yes, let us let a prisoner give a long talk...

When Bran dies, the realm is totally going to erupt into chaos.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post
    If North is allowed to seceded like that - what will stop Dorne and Iron Islands from doing the same?

The geopolitical aspect of the canon has been entirely forgotten.
    Because economy-wise it makes sense for the six kingdoms to be one? The North however has always been a poor shit-hole..that contributed nothing to the realm money-wise..

Quote Originally Posted by Lemons View Post
    Ending was hot garbage. Two of the characters who deserved the throne more than anyone were cucked in the last few episodes. After all Jon did for Westeros...one of its greatest leaders and warriors is left moldering up in the far North as part of the Night's Watch...which is watching...what now exactly? Just awful. Bran is a POS who sat in a wheelchair the entire time and did jack. Dany and Jon did more than anyone...one of them should be the ruler. Hell I would have been fine with Sansa, Tyrion, or even someone like Gendry randomly getting the throne...but Bran? Screw. Bran. Gross. Terrible. 1/10.
    Bran is the only one who could be a true king. He's got the blood of a Stark, the incest of a Targaryen, and the disfigurement and cunning of a Lannister.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    You're forgetting the fact that the entire Unsullied and Dothraki didn't kill Jon instantly for killing their Queen.
    They literally pulled a "1 month latter" black screen trick after Jon killed Dany.