Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by steristumpie View Post
    Never forget when a GW2 piece of shit developer said this about his passing:

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...707073026?s=20

RIP TB
    but he was a respectable human being.
    Is this satire?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pretty weird seeing that old stuff again.

edit; That new name won't hide who you truly are
    Last edited by Sanguinerd; 2019-05-28 at 11:18 PM.
    Subarashii chin chin mono
    Kintama no kami aru

Quote Originally Posted by RushRush View Post
    Pretty weird seeing that old stuff again.
    Godamit, stop pointing that out! Im undercover! Dont ruin my mission!

*vanish*

Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    I suspect it might have been an excuse to go off and do other things. I recall another podcast, the name escapes me, that the host went on this tirade about I can't remember if it was RealID or the "Call to Arms" in the dungeon finder (maybe both) and basically threw a tantrum and ragequit his podcast, then later he came clean that IIRC his wife had just had a baby and he wanted to "go out with a bang".

I suspect TB may have done the same thing, since it was clear at that point he was getting tired of WoW.
    And i certainly respect anyones choice to do what they like - i think i would have had much more respect if he had simply said "im not enjoying the game as much as i used to, and i would like to phase out my wow content and focus on other things" but i also appreciate that those who have tried such things have suffered a HUGE initial loss in viewers. Although many recover in time, that drop off in income must be tough, and just mentally it cant be nice to see the numbers plummet.

What you said was a very popular opinion among my friends at the time - that he was just sick of the game, and when a hobby becomes a job it can really change a lot. One good friend was car mad like the rest of us, but decided to become a mechanic with the intention of moving into performance / motorsport arenas. He got so sick of changing oil and doing repair jobs on mums honda civic, he sold his cars, and never really enjoyed them again.

Blizzard caved to the bads ever since the beginning of WOTLK, everything in dungeons must be a faceroll so the bads can feel good. The problem with that is the game gets boring fast and people just unsub. If the content is hard the bads cry but are still subbed.
    Last edited by Vladar; 2019-05-28 at 11:45 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Was it not at launch? I forget Cataclysm's early days slightly, as I wasn't really playing it too much until a few months into the expansion... but it was still rather early, as I was progressing through early raiding.

Either way, by the time I was playing it, Cataclysm was severely lax on DailyCraft, unless I'm actually misremembering not doing mandatory daily 5 man runs.
    as a refresher on that timeline, you had cata launch where everyone was max level in about 4 hours played thanks to the devs BRILLIANT idea to have only 5 levels instead of the 'traditional' 10 for an expansion level cap increase, then once you were capped you went and farmed heroic 5 mans, only catch, if you were bad at the game or didn't have a team/guild to run with you were shit out of luck because the difficulty spike from wrath was there for pugs and casuals, didn't really exist for long term players if i'm being honest, and that's all there was outside of raiding, the biggest issue with this was that thanks to the 'daily' bonus from random heroic LFG runs it was far too mandatory to get it done and thanks to the LFG groups being terrible at the time it made doing them so much worse, then blizz had the brilliant idea of rehashing ZG/ZA as 5 mans but making the 'daily heroic' loot bag rewards so much better than anything before that people were forced into grinding 2 dungeons via the LFG tool until firelands came out. and as a raider that cleared everything there was no challenge in it, it was just tedious time wasting and artificial extension of content.

it wasn't until firelands came out with the molten front daily quest hub that there was anything meaningful to do with your time while not in a raid.

Quote Originally Posted by KLOCKWERK View Post
    And here I thought you'd be the one to do so.
    Really, that's kinda what it was anyway. Just a way to do it without actually doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    Would have loved to see his reaction to unveil of Classic
    I think this was it:
    https://twitter.com/totalbiscuit/sta...25427937452032

10+ Year Old Account
    i agree with every point in ur summary
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Togabito View Post
    In vanilla there wasnt any of that crap.

Entirely my point.

edit: sorry im mad, i just lost a duel to a stupid assassination rogue in a BG. i FUC#@ۤ hate Assass rogues. I rage quited that crap so fast
    You are right there wasn't, so most people only played for friends and then quit when they started running out of things to do. Vanilla was front loaded with content so it lasted a good while, but once we got to expansions it became the most noticeable. Now there are a lot more different things to do, which is a good thing for any game with a wide world.

Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    as a refresher on that timeline, you had cata launch where everyone was max level in about 4 hours played thanks to the devs BRILLIANT idea to have only 5 levels instead of the 'traditional' 10 for an expansion level cap increase
    I'm almost entirely certain that the Cataclysm levels took as much experience as 10 levels to do, though maybe I'm misremembering that as well or it was a rumor.

as a raider that cleared everything there was no challenge in it, it was just tedious time wasting and artificial extension of content.
    That is literally anytime in the game's life, practically.

I agree. Especially the raiding part. Dungeons evolved in a different direction with mythic+ and it's fine. But, raids have progressively lost what makes them special.

Just wanted to say the article from Forbes that harassed Totalbiscuit's wife soon after his death is still up.

I know with lack of religion influence for good or bad, nobody cares about redemption or forgiveness anymore. Tweets in the pass will come up years after you die even though you seek for forgiveness. Still, asking a widow to condemn her husband for wrong politics and then demand the same widow to come out to defend that shit journalism burned a message into my brain. To this day I still remember that vileness in these "game journalists".
    Last edited by gobio; 2019-05-29 at 02:05 AM.

I respected Totalbiscuit, but I strongly disagreed with his reasoning in Cataclysm. He had strong points, but the problem was he didn't acknowledge that these dungeons were not viable for the kind of casual pick up groups that played in WotLK. Over time, players adapted, but it was still tedious to them and players were quitting in droves.

It was a frustrating experience, but really, the dungeons weren't the problem so much as the raids, which were absolutely terrible for anyone who wanted to raid casually (like in WotLK, or even TBC with Karazhan). For the record, I think Blizzard made up for their mistakes with mythic dungeons, which IMHO allow them to appease both hardcore and casual players perfectly.

It's all good, though. He was unhappy with the direction WoW was taking and moved on. We could all learn from that, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boy Kirk View Post
    He was a pretty horrible person. I don't see how acknowledging that is edgy.
    Slandering a dead man is pretty edgy. Your personal bias doesn't mean you should shit on him.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ya Boy Kirk View Post
    He was a pretty horrible person. I don't see how acknowledging that is edgy.
    You want to give examples or are you just gonna shit on him? Many did not like him but he did a lot for the gaming industry as a whole and you have to respect him for that. Everyone makes mistakes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Slandering a dead man is pretty edgy. Your personal bias doesn't mean you should shit on him.
    there are plenty of dead people who you can slander and no one will bat an eye, why does this random youtuber get special privileges?
    ill probably be infracted for this post

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by steristumpie View Post
    Never forget when a GW2 piece of shit developer said this about his passing:

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...707073026?s=20

RIP TB
    Didn’t always agree with his politics, but he was a passionate gamer and a respectable human being.
    and was not fired till she yelled at her fans months later
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

At least he didn't have to see WoW at the absolute worst it has ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferg View Post
    there are plenty of dead people who you can slander and no one will bat an eye, why does this random youtuber get special privileges?
    Like who? Stalin?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynestra View Post
    I disagreed with him and I disagree now.

After that video I stopped watching his content.

Simple as that. I remember that video, and I remember vividly as he made the decision to stop playing wow I made the decision to stop watching his videos.

I think legion raids were far better than anything in prior xpacs, and BoD has been pretty great so far, so.

Having multiple levels of difficulties appeals to everyone.

Having just one level leaves a larger portion of the player base unable to play in the penultimate content in wow, which is stupid business-wise, and it leaves the most hardcore yearning for something harder.

Having multiple difficulties just makes sense, it allows everyone to experience these raids the wow team puts so much hard work into.
    Yup, that was the also the video I unsubbed from him.

He just wanted Elite Gatekeeping to stay in MMOs, simple as that and something I've always hated. Same with the edge lords on this forum that constantly parrot the same bullshit. Multiple difficulty curves is a far better solution, plus it isn't 1999-2007 anymore and time moves on as did the player base.

Ironically he was also pretty shit in WoW too, which was pretty funny in contrast to that video.

That being said, I liked and appreciated his opinions on gaming as a whole, doubly so because the SJW/twitter hate crowd hates his guts. Fuck them!

R.I.P. Biscuit Man
    Last edited by Usagi Senshi; 2019-05-29 at 04:54 AM.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!