Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    you've still got even bigger ones to worry about, M+ and Mythic raid selling will always be the biggest money makers... you gain literally next to nothing from them "fixing" this.

Btw same thing existed last expansion, but they didn't give 2 shits then because they weren't losing money hand over fist.
    How does this have any thing to do with losing money?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    It's not a problem, same thing was happening all of legion but they really couldn't bother until they needed the money from people... idk... staying subbed to level?

No one is paying an extra month sub to level.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Of course there is... Blizzard is in the business of selling boosts.

This means the boost to 120 is coming soon.

You really shouldn’t hold your breath.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    That's clever use of game mechanics. It's blizzard's fault for making 120's weaker than 110s. Don't punish the players with this bullshit. Blizzard loves to fix things that don't need fixing.
    Yet when they fix the issue they created you start whining about it. Want to boost someone with your 110? turn XP on and level your char at the same time. Want to just be twinkytwinky 4evah 110? then just play with others like you.

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...aracters/53391

To curb this behavior, we plan to implement a hotfix in the coming days that will disable the ability to turn off XP gains on characters level 110 or higher
    again, that doesn't say that their ONLY issue was with 110. That was saying "this is a bandaid to the biggest problem".

Nowhere did they say they care about lower.

Blizzard didnt design the system just for pvp players though, so thats the end of that one.
    Well - they did actually, specifically to allow level 19/29/39 et twinks to play in bracket for PvP and not have to be concerned about accidentally levelling up.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Player empowerement detected
    Nerf implemented
    Must not allow a revolution
    Must strip players from all power

done
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-06-17 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=292345....ch-8-#comments

So you can now use group finder with XP turned off and effectively troll the entire group by wasting their time ?

I hope there is a barrier to stop XP off players from queuing with regular players.
    And a lot of people with XP turned off are going to be booted from groups. Way to create even more problems rather than fixing them....

Quote Originally Posted by Poe View Post
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=292345....ch-8-#comments

So you can now use group finder with XP turned off and effectively troll the entire group by wasting their time ?

I hope there is a barrier to stop XP off players from queuing with regular players.
    level-110, 111's, etc BFA twinks due to insane power scaling power carry/level players to 120, thru islands, dailies etc, is the reason they are doing this.

this was should have never been allowed, amazed that it did for what will be near one year. imo abnormal scaling should have never been put in the game, the scaling should have been fixed in the first days/weeks of BFA....infact should have never went live.

could you imagine in TBC hiring 60-61's to carry your 70 thru dailies, WOTLK hiring 70-71s to carry your 80
    Last edited by pinkz; 2019-06-17 at 05:45 AM.

You guys remember that one guy who made a thread about his level 110 twink.
    He was incredibly happy.

Cant find the thread but have the video he shared

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbzx7bh2fJo&t=0s

Welp
    I guess his entire fun is ruined now.

edit: Oh boy...i just realized he leveled his neck to level 50...oh my goodness the poor guy.

edit2: i found the thread
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...e-Neck-Pre-8-2
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-06-17 at 05:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    this adresses the issue of people twinking 110 which makes them able to clear islands INSANELY quickly, to then help boost their friends in just insane fast times.
    legendaries, end of expansion gear, super high ilvl weapon.
    It still feels like one of those solutions in search of a problem. Who will even remember islands when the new expac eventually comes out? This silly change would still be locked in, affecting people. Plus, the expac has been out for awhile now, and it doesn't seem to have really affected things majorly.

People who want pathfinder will still have to get the achieves and quests to unlock it, so who cares what people do with alts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Calm down, i already linked it. If the link isnt showing for you, just google "blizzard 110 xp stop" or something similar. I already linked the content of the blue tho, so....
    Thank you for the link. Sorry you responded before I sent my post.

All I can say is I hope that you're right... If it does effect lower levels its going to be very hard for me to play with others and would definitely be something to consider when renewing my game time every month.

But yeah if you consider yourself an honest person I'd appreciate it you took back what you said of me being the guy not reading... We had to dig up a blue post from December that was not in this WoWhead link or previously brought to light in the discussion until you brought the evidence forward.
    This is all speculation now by assuming that its only going to effect level 110s.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

I can feel the pain of the poor players who's fun was ruined.
    They found a way of experiencing "player empowerement" and they were having fun doing so.
    They found a loophole on a sandbox environment which is the entire fun of a MMO.

And what were they doing? Helping/boosting lower levels.
    Actually doing something incredibly fun.

I swear, Blizzard has a hard on for stripping players from all the power.
    They have a hard on for making players play their game as they see fit and ONLY as they see fit.

I hate that side of Blizzard.

And i feel sorry for all the players who's fun was stripped from them.
    Last edited by Big Thanks; 2019-06-17 at 06:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    How does this have any thing to do with losing money?

- - - Updated - - -

No one is paying an extra month sub to level.

- - - Updated - - -

You really shouldn’t hold your breath.
    I honestly wouldn't be surprised if they offered a 120 boost sooner to offset the huge revenue drops and this is their way to stop easy leveling to sell them.

There's a reason they're doing this, and it probably has something to do with money because there's zero other reason to bother nerfing this. Funny thing is, this just shows even further how out of touch they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    again, that doesn't say that their ONLY issue was with 110. That was saying "this is a bandaid to the biggest problem".

Nowhere did they say they care about lower.

The intention of the XP-off feature is to allow alternate characters to stay in lower-level PvP brackets or relive lower-level content, not to purposefully halt progression in content relevant to the current expansion.

Since the launch of Battle for Azeroth, we’ve noticed an increasing trend of players turning off XP gains at level 110 in order to repeatedly powerlevel other players’ characters at an excessive rate without increasing their own level

Do i need to link the entire thing again for you? I mean it literally does say the things you say it doesn't, and in no way what you claim it does....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    Thank you for the link. Sorry you responded before I sent my post.

All I can say is I hope that you're right... If it does effect lower levels its going to be very hard for me to play with others and would definitely be something to consider when renewing my game time every month.

But yeah if you consider yourself an honest person I'd appreciate it you took back what you said of me being the guy not reading... We had to dig up a blue post from December that was not in this WoWhead link or previously brought to light in the discussion until you brought the evidence forward.
    This is all speculation now by assuming that its only going to effect level 110s.
    it took me 15 seconds on google - i didnt dig anything up. The speculation is saying it will affect anyone other than those 110+
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-06-17 at 06:25 AM.

This expansion is already down the gutter so why not just fuck up more stuff for people, can't possibly make it worse.

They could have approached this with more elegance and make it impossible with the next expac (don't hand out THE ITEM for level 101s, be more careful with BoEs required level etc), but na-ah. :/

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well - they did actually, specifically to allow level 19/29/39 et twinks to play in bracket for PvP and not have to be concerned about accidentally levelling up.
    Well, you seem to know more about it than Blizzard themselves.

The intention of the XP-off feature is to allow alternate characters to stay in lower-level PvP brackets or relive lower-level content.

^ thats what Blizzard have said in something linked multiple times already in this thread.

Well, you seem to know more about it than Blizzard themselves
    Just know what they have said ... nothing more nothing less.

Nothing about what they said warrants XP locked persons going into current PvE content.

So as I said, the penalty and warning should be for the XP locked persons, not everyone else.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

120 boosts must be arriving sooner than expected on the Blizzard Store.

The intention of the XP-off feature is to allow alternate characters to stay in lower-level PvP brackets or relive lower-level content, not to purposefully halt progression in content relevant to the current expansion.

Since the launch of Battle for Azeroth, we’ve noticed an increasing trend of players turning off XP gains at level 110 in order to repeatedly powerlevel other players’ characters at an excessive rate without increasing their own level

Do i need to link the entire thing again for you? I mean it literally does say the things you say it doesn't, and in no way what you claim it does....
    How many times are you going to keep going in circles?

You were wrong trying to claim you knew what the other poster was wanting, and now you just keep moving the goalpost.

Again, as I said before, you're quoting something from 6 months ago. This isn't relevant anymore. And nothing has been said to indicate that this time around its ONLY for level 110s.

And even from there, this is a stupid change to begin with.

Stood in the Fire buddhapunch09's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

it took me 15 seconds on google - i didnt dig anything up. The speculation is saying it will affect anyone other than those 110+
    Omg no... WE KNOW it will impact those who turn off xp at 110+. What we dont know is if it will impact those who que dungeons at 60 with xp off.
    Off the blue post that you linked we are going to assume that it wont. Only those players who are 110+ and running islands are.

I feel like you're trolling and clearly wont admit up to honesty so im going to go ahead and ignore you now.
    Thanks for the link though, but I dont really care what you have to say anymore on this topic.
    Peace.
    "You can't make the judgement of prostitution simply by observing an exchange of goods." - Quetzl

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    How many times are you going to keep going in circles?

You were wrong trying to claim you knew what the other poster was wanting, and now you just keep moving the goalpost.

Again, as I said before, you're quoting something from 6 months ago. This isn't relevant anymore. And nothing has been said to indicate that this time around its ONLY for level 110s.

And even from there, this is a stupid change to begin with.
    Just cant accept when you are completely wrong. And you are the only one here moving any goalposts mate. The only circle we are going in is you being wrong, me proving how wrong you are, and then you moving the goalposts and changing your statements. But they are all there in my quotes. Scroll back up to your last claims, and how i linked the exact same thing again bolding the exact wrods that prove you absolutely and completely wrong, but you moved those goalposts....You have been wrong enough for one thread, just move on.
    Last edited by arkanon; 2019-06-17 at 07:01 AM.