Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    This scaling tech is new to BfA, powerleveling via lower level characters (because they melt through level 120 mobs scaled down to 110 in dungeons) is a completely new thing.

Using one character to boost another is completely understandable thing, but using your 110 character to boost bunch of 119s through a dungeon is complete garbage and should be removed
    Pretty sure people were doing this same thing all through legion with 101's unless this is something different, but it sounds pretty much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    Pretty sure people were doing this same thing all through legion with 101's unless this is something different, but it sounds pretty much the same.
    101s in legion were significantly weaker that 110s today for this purpose. Also lack of Isles didn't help either.

I mean, people used to use their high level characters to boost lowbies through dungeons since the beginning of wow. But there was a downside to this - you can't level this way. Then scaling tech came in and people started abusing this "dungeon scaling" thing to level their toons by basically spamming dungeons over and over again, because capped character was counted as "max level for this dungeon" or something and provided experience in wast amounts.
    All those methods should be removed from the game, since they are obviously are byproducts of new systems that weren't tested properly.
    Last edited by Charge me Doctor; 2019-06-17 at 10:35 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

I very much welcome this change. I've also proposed turning off the loot system in groups or raids if anyone's ilvl is 10 lower than the group's average.

7+ Year Old Account
    I do believe, that the debuff will only work for an invited group and not an instance group. So i don't think players have to worry about being trolled by capped players in their dungeons.

- - - Updated - - -

It also only affects a small group of players, who are using this technique to churn out a ton of max lvl characters.

If you don't like the leveling experience, complain to Blizzard about it and make your voice be heard. Don't use it to justify some absolutely exploitative functions. No matter what, it was never intended for lvl 110 characters to power level other characters to lvl 120, no matter what actually ended up happening...
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Didn't know about this and certainly didn't care about it either - before and after.

But one thing is for certain, people are such begrudging cunts sometimes, this literally hurt no one, not even fucking Blizzard is hurt by this until they astroturf their next expansion presale. I guess that is the actual reason here, since this will cut down into their shady profits down the line. How the mighty have fallen, shame on you Blizzard.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2019-06-17 at 11:22 AM.

Uh, that is pretty dumb.

Allow people to cooperate. The social part is the heart of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Uh, that is pretty dumb.

There's cooperating and there's abusing mechanics with grouping. You can still be social and group with your friends all you want, and if you're farming the drops it won't affect you at all.

But if you're trying to abuse it for super fast, super easy leveling of other characters, then nope.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You are the one making unsupported claims. I am supporting mine. But i love how early on you misread the entire post i linked, claimed it said nothing about being 110+ only (despite literally being in the title of the post), you then claimed in didnt mention lower levels at all (dispite me having to link it to you again, and bold that part), and when i showed you both those, you flipped the table, moved the goalposts, started accusing me of doing exactly that, and now you are trying to claim everyone thinks you are right......

Until now, the age of the post didnt bother you. But once you got so horribly confused by its content, called out on being wrong about its content twice, NOW its an issue? despite me saying when it was from multiple times? NOW you are concerned that its suddenly "extremely old" (still this expac, talking specifically about the exact same issue).
    Are you sure you read your own posts? Because it feels like you're calling out yourself.
    Moderator of the General Off-Topic, Politics, Lore, and RP Forums
    "If you have any concerns, let me know via PM. I'll do my best to assist you."

You are the one making unsupported claims. I am supporting mine. But i love how early on you misread the entire post i linked, claimed it said nothing about being 110+ only (despite literally being in the title of the post), you then claimed in didnt mention lower levels at all (dispite me having to link it to you again, and bold that part), and when i showed you both those, you flipped the table, moved the goalposts, started accusing me of doing exactly that, and now you are trying to claim everyone thinks you are right......

Until now, the age of the post didnt bother you. But once you got so horribly confused by its content, called out on being wrong about its content twice, NOW its an issue? despite me saying when it was from multiple times? NOW you are concerned that its suddenly "extremely old" (still this expac, talking specifically about the exact same issue).
    I've been saying from the start that the post you're going by is irrelevant because it's old.

At this point, I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish because you're accusing me of so much yet you still keep dodging the fact that nothing about the most recent change says it's restricted to 110s.

And again, at no point did what you link change what I said. For all you know, blizzard could consider locking your level to mean you should be playing with others who did the same, and do stuff like the raids from that expansion.

I mean hell, do you want me to go dig up where blizzard said that shadow priests and shamans will get an over work in 8.1 and all elemental got was like a single talent change? You can't sit there and repeatedly link posts from months ago when the newest information contradicts it.

Also, past that, for accusing others of being unable to read, it's a bit silly how quickly you dropped your claim that you understood the other posters complaint about this, yet you were completely off point and it was already explained before you even came into the thread to try to claim others should learn to read.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    This scaling tech is new to BfA, powerleveling via lower level characters (because they melt through level 120 mobs scaled down to 110 in dungeons) is a completely new thing.

Using one character to boost another is completely understandable thing, but using your 110 character to boost bunch of 119s through a dungeon is complete garbage and should be removed
    Except it's not that new, 101s were boosting in Legion

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    Wtf!!! This is so stupid! Honestly im very angry about this.
    I turn my xp off on my 60 toons becaue I like to stay in old content and run those dungeons and finish all my loremaster achievements. I dont play BfA.
    Definetly quitting once classic comes out.
    Literally killed the game for me.
    https://www.wowhead.com/news=292363/...f-in-patch-8-2 there ya go
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    The crying won't stop, just saw Belluars new video title and was like face palming me through the wall, but this was great to read and showed us once again: Waiting befor the big Shitshow is always better.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharein View Post
    Uh, that is pretty dumb.

so... if people are hacking... they should be allowed as long as they are in a group together?
    your point i get what your saying but its so broad it could be used to defend anything.
    so it doesent really work too well mate.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

there is litteraly 0% chance this is going live in its current form. Its meant to kill boosting. It will be disabled in pre-made groups, not instance groups you end up in when you use the dungeon finder

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I've been saying from the start that the post you're going by is irrelevant because it's old.

At this point, I have no idea what you're trying to accomplish because you're accusing me of so much yet you still keep dodging the fact that nothing about the most recent change says it's restricted to 110s.

And again, at no point did what you link change what I said. For all you know, blizzard could consider locking your level to mean you should be playing with others who did the same, and do stuff like the raids from that expansion.

I mean hell, do you want me to go dig up where blizzard said that shadow priests and shamans will get an over work in 8.1 and all elemental got was like a single talent change? You can't sit there and repeatedly link posts from months ago when the newest information contradicts it.

Also, past that, for accusing others of being unable to read, it's a bit silly how quickly you dropped your claim that you understood the other posters complaint about this, yet you were completely off point and it was already explained before you even came into the thread to try to claim others should learn to read.
    Try to be constructive and stay on topic please.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    there is litteraly 0% chance this is going live in its current form. Its meant to kill boosting. It will be disabled in pre-made groups, not instance groups you end up in when you use the dungeon finder
    You need to read the above post - as all the level headed people have been trying to convince all you chicken littles, they have been aware of the impact any changes to the system would have on lower level players since as far back as December - to any calm, reasonable person it was obvious they would do their best not to impact those players. And absolute shock horror, thats exactly what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by buddhapunch09 View Post
    Definetly quitting once classic comes out.
    Wow, that will show them.

Try to be constructive and stay on topic please.
    What a unique way to admit you were incorrect I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    What a unique way to admit you were incorrect I guess.
    But he was right though. Did U read or did you just go into attack mode? Is this the sort of response we want from mods. Are calls for them all to be replaced by the new owners justified? Mods are here to moderate threads. Not get into internet arguments with what are essentially customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

That shows how poorly thought leveling is in BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nonetheless View Post
    That shows how poorly thought leveling is in BfA.
    Uhm.... how about no? There may be signs, but not with this example.