Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    Why do so many of you fall back to this to discredit a leak? its not an official document, why would the English be proper? Such a baffling train of thought.
    You'd think you'd use proper English if you work for a multi-billion U.S. company.

There should be a sub forum called “Leaks” because it’s definitely that season again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    You'd think you'd use proper English if you work for a multi-billion U.S. company.
    What on earth are you talking about? That is some of the worst "logic" i have seen on here in a while.

What on earth are you talking about? That is some of the worst "logic" i have seen on here in a while.
    I don't give 2 shits about what you think lol. I was just stating my opinion. I could care less if you believe in flying unicorns or not.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mods need to get on banning these leaks. 4chan isnt a reliable news source. There for until there is a liable news souse this isn't true. Unless people have further proof.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Mods need to get on banning these leaks. 4chan isnt a reliable news source. There for until there is a liable news souse this isn't true. Unless people have further proof.
    Leave the modding up to the mods, and maybe spend 30 seconds reading the OP, or at least the title. If you had, you would see this is from Reddit, and not 4chan. Would have saved you looking silly. All you did by commenting was show you are interested in the topic and bump the thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leave the modding up to the mods, and maybe spend 30 seconds reading the OP, or at least the title. If you had, you would see this is from Reddit, and not 4chan. Would have saved you looking silly. All you did by commenting was show you are interested in the topic and bump the thread.
    regardless of what site it is, I did read it, for some reason I had 4chan on my mind while I typed it, probably saw the other thread.

But my point remains that it is an unreliable news source and feel it should be locked.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I love this.

But it's totally not gonna happen.

The best thing I like about this leak is Magni will putting our character to slumber for 15 years in the chamber.

This does make a little of sense, since one of the fortunes that we have not seen yet is, "the king of diamonds has been made a pawn."

What if this enemy in the new WoW Expansion has him posses and he puts us to sleep in slumber... And the world has been turned upside down.

Someone forgot the most important part in crafting this kind of "leak".

Mentioning flight.

I'm not saying I think this is real, but honestly I could see it. The plot is definitely leaning towards resolving the Horde vs Alliance conflict permanently, but there needs to be factions for PvP to still be a thing with any basis in plot. The idea of Sylvanas siding with the Black Empire in a gambit to take out the Void Lords seems like the sort of thing she'd do, and there are plenty of players who would side with her in that. It also reads like the sort of thing a faction split could be based on.

Imagine undead, nagas, werewolves, elves (with nelfs being largely gone), and eredar vs humans, tauren, orcs, dwarves, and draenei, or something. I could see it. Or maybe they don't even have a racial divide, and members of the Black Empire faction accept biological changes of various types instead. With the Legion being essentially defeated, there are a lot of tools out there waiting to be used against the Void Lords, and the Black Empire could be uniquely positioned to start the process of putting them into effect.

I just see a lot of lore justification for something like this to happen, and it really would revitalize a lot of pretty tired gameplay in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddlejumper View Post
    I'm not saying I think this is real, but honestly I could see it. The plot is definitely leaning towards resolving the Horde vs Alliance conflict permanently, but there needs to be factions for PvP to still be a thing with any basis in plot. The idea of Sylvanas siding with the Black Empire in a gambit to take out the Void Lords seems like the sort of thing she'd do, and there are plenty of players who would side with her in that. It also reads like the sort of thing a faction split could be based on.

Imagine undead, nagas, werewolves, elves (with nelfs being largely gone), and eredar vs humans, tauren, orcs, dwarves, and draenei, or something. I could see it. Or maybe they don't even have a racial divide, and members of the Black Empire faction accept biological changes of various types instead. With the Legion being essentially defeated, there are a lot of tools out there waiting to be used against the Void Lords, and the Black Empire could be uniquely positioned to start the process of putting them into effect.

I just see a lot of lore justification for something like this to happen, and it really would revitalize a lot of pretty tired gameplay in WoW.
    I think "permanently" is a bit strong, but there clearly will be some resolution this expac. What is yet to be seen is A) will it impact gameplay at all, or just be a high5 between leaders and back to bickering like teenagers again next expac, or B) a full rework of the faction system, something long overdue in my humble opinion.

Personally, i have always found it extremely old fashioned and outdated to say that everyone of a certain race has to band together and fight for a certain leader - when reality has shown that splinter groups etc often split off and join the opposing faction. I know its just a game, but i personally feel that if they followed real life examples here, the story and game would be richer.

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    I think its always been generally expected that, should the playerbase continue to shrink, Blizzard will be forced to discard the factions to make sure the queues are populated. It makes a LOT of sense to do it in 9.0 since the population might fall to 1-2 million, maybe even worse, in 9.x at some point. You MIGHT even get major server merges to keep this going. Whenever we see it happen, the next xpac will be an iffy proposition. I'm not sure if we ever see 10.0 or they might build in a TON of automation into 10.0 like bot tanks, bot healers, bot dps to fill out groups and raids.

It also makes sense to pump out Diablo 4 as an MMO because WoW could be in its last stages of sinking here.
    They aren't going to discard factions. They will likely alllow both factions to queue together, but the open world absolutely will not see the factions being discarded becuse that would require a complete re-write to the entire game.

WOW is not in it's last stages. Get that nonsense out of here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    It would be way easier to have the current factions split into 4 like WC3, or dissolve entirely.

Remember WoW is made by one guy on a shitty computer in a basement in the Netherlands.

So the less work he has to do the better.
    Afrasiabi said he'd rather one faction than more split d/t perpetuating grouping issues.

Yeah...

This sounds amazing! Would come come for this.

Of course, watch 9.0 have both factions exist (not at war) and exploring another set of islands.

10/10 Fake.

All this comes out a few days after Crossroads.
    Has some information similar to other 'leaks' but all are saying much different things.
    Sounds like the person read other leaks and saw the cinematic then filled in the gaps.
    If curiosity killed the cat, why can't speculation kill you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Again, if you dont like it, why did you bump the thread? Many of us enjoy discussing the what if, the maybe, the likely and unlikely. If you personally dont enjoy that, you are welcome to ignore the thread, and post in threads you do like. These threads generally have very high engagement, so i dont know who the "We" is that some people think hate them, because quite clearly there is a group of us who enjoy the discussion.

Leave the moderating to the mods.
    Sounds a lot like conspiracy theories to me. Many people like discussing the "what if, the maybe, the likely and unlikely". Some people truly believe leaks, and some know they are fake. Much like conspiracy theories.

And telling me where I can post and can not post sounds a lot like you're trying to moderate me. So I suggest YOU leave the moderating to the mods as well. Thank you.

10+ Year Old Account
    world revamps is a bit like communism. a group of illuminated people wants it, despite the fact that is has been tried and proven to be disastrous at many levels.