Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    What's the market for the 8700k? You can only get them second hand, which means no warranty. Zen 2 makes sense in that it's a new product that competes directly with Intel's newest processors in games, at reasonable prices, and both are capable of pushing more FPS than 99% of people will care about.
    Seriously, the amount of people who care about anything above 1080p or 60fps is MINISCULE. And even of those that do, the difference is so small that it's almost imperceptible. Can you tell the difference between 136fps and 147? I can't. That's the 2nd biggest difference I could find in guru3d's review. The biggest is this: https://www.guru3d.com/index.php?ct=...e171002a287bc1 where someone might reasonably be able to tell the difference

And AMD does that while at the same time being WAY better value in everything other than gaming, something that a lot of people do. Streaming or recording yourself playing is more popular than ever, and there's still the people who do actual professional work, who this will benefit too.
    Most people play games bro, why are you trying to twist it like the vast majority of people are doing video editing all day long.....thats shit a fanboy does.

Also microcenter has lots of new 8700k's in stock for 299.99 with full warranty.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    pretty much

but this is a gaming forum xD

streamers and productivity users should be getting these

pure gamers - if they already have a decent Intel (anything 6700K or later really) - no need to do anything .. if they dont (if they have a really old chip) - either AMD or Intel will work (but you might as well go AMD, assuming memory issues arent a thing)

the real battle will be when Intel releases its next arch, 7nm dekstop CPUs - I dont think AMD will be able to match that perf leap (but they can fight with lower prices)
    7nm for Intel is 2+ years away. AMD has plenty of time.

And from what I've seen, memory issues aren't really a thing in Ryzen 3000, which is very nice. It seems they uncoupled the SOC from the infinity fabric, so it's way more stable

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Most people play games bro, why are you trying to twist it like the vast majority of people are doing video editing all day long.....thats shit a fanboy does.

Also microcenter has lots of new 8700k's in stock for 299.99 with full warranty.
    I'm not saying most people do it. I'm saying a lot of people do. And if you're trying to say "the majority" of people.. Why are you using the 87/97/9900k's as an example? They're enthusiast products. Most people buy the 86/96/84/9400k/f models.

So you agree a lot more people game than say video edit right?

If so why are you arguing FOR ryzen 3000? And the reason i mentioned the 8700k is it is under 300 bucks for the first time, and a much better buy for a gamer than a 3700x or a 9600k, its only a 80 dollar premium for hyperthreading (this is usually 100+).

7nm for Intel is 2+ years away. AMD has plenty of time.
    in my opinion 2 or even 3+ years still wont be enough to squeeze more from Ryzens to match those Intels (with new arch and 7nm EUV)

IMHO Ryzen has already shown most of what it can do, Ryzens 4000 & 5000 will only be small upgrades to Ryzen 3000

but there wil lbe a new AMD arch later, question how good it will be

10+ Year Old Account
    So you agree a lot more people game than say video edit right?

If so why are you arguing FOR ryzen 3000? And the reason i mentioned the 8700k is it is under 300 bucks for the first time, and a much better buy for a gamer than a 3700x or a 9600k, its only a 80 dollar premium for hyperthreading (this is usually 100+).
    Because if we're talking about mainstream then anything above 1080p 60fps is irrelevant. Which means we'd need to talk about the 84/9400f's, not the 8700k. The 2600 tied those CPUs, and now with the refresh, the 3600 is beating them.

If you need the absolute best in gaming performance from your CPU, then yes, a 97/9900k is your best bet. If you're LITERALLY ANYONE ELSE, go AMD. It's better value.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    in my opinion 2 or even 3+ years still wont be enough to squeeze more from Ryzens to match those Intels (with new arch and 7nm EUV)

IMHO Ryzen has already shown most of what it can do, Ryzens 4000 & 5000 will only be small upgrades to Ryzen 3000

but there wil lbe a new AMD arch later, question how good it will be
    But we have no idea how much Intel's 7nm will be an improvement over their 14nm. Their upcoming 10nm isn't an upgrade in performance, they said so themselves. The CPU scene is getting very interesting though.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Mind linking where it’s under $300? I’m seeing $400 after tax basically everywhere.
    Microcenter, already said this.

- - - Updated - - -

Because if we're talking about mainstream then anything above 1080p 60fps is irrelevant. Which means we'd need to talk about the 84/9400f's, not the 8700k. The 2600 tied those CPUs, and now with the refresh, the 3600 is beating them.

If you need the absolute best in gaming performance from your CPU, then yes, a 97/9900k is your best bet. If you're LITERALLY ANYONE ELSE, go AMD. It's better value.
    But in that situation you arent buying a 3600 either, you are buying a 2600 or 1600 because they are MUCH better price/performance offerings for the 1080p/60 crowd. You fail to realize what i have been saying for weeks, ryzen 3000 is a really really hard sell unless you want the 12c for production work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Microcenter, already said this.
    Where it's on a sale, from 400. Do you know how long the sale lasts? I don't, I wouldn't base my recommendations on a temporary sale.

- - - Updated - - -

But in that situation you arent buying a 3600 either, you are buying a 2600 or 1600 because they are MUCH better price/performance offerings for the 1080p/60 crowd. You fail to realize what i have been saying for weeks, ryzen 3000 is a really really hard sell unless you want the 12c for production work.
    No, because the mainstream would go into a store and buy a prebuilt, not make it themselves. In a couple weeks there won't be many if any prebuilts with 1-2 generation old chips in them. AND EVEN IF THERE WERE, they'd still see the higher number and buy that if it's not much more expensive, and it won't be.

Where it's on a sale, from 400. Do you know how long the sale lasts? I don't, I wouldn't base my recommendations on a temporary sale.

- - - Updated - - -

No, because the mainstream would go into a store and buy a prebuilt, not make it themselves. In a couple weeks there won't be many if any prebuilts with 1-2 generation old chips in them. AND EVEN IF THERE WERE, they'd still see the higher number and buy that if it's not much more expensive, and it won't be.
    What are you babbling about now lol, prebuilts? THere is TONS of stock of 1600's and 2600's and amd is slashing prices on that stuff to the point that it makes more sense from a fps/dollar standpoint to go with the older stuff. If you want to talk about value and the 1080p/60 fps crowd you lose the ryzen 3000 argument at the get go because of 1st and 2nd gen pricing bro.

Yeah, your local microcenter deals aren’t really what I’d judge the price of components on. You really need more education on this stuff at this point. Your argument today is a Ryzen 1 argument that you dismissed when it was current. Now that your Ryzen 1 arguments are actually valid you’re trying to refute it. Fucking hilarious.
    Sucks to be you i suppose, microcenters are the shit

And btw were not in 2017 anymore when the only cpu's intel was offering on the mainstream were 4c's.

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you babbling about now lol, prebuilts? THere is TONS of stock of 1600's and 2600's and amd is slashing prices on that stuff to the point that it makes more sense from a fps/dollar standpoint to go with the older stuff. If you want to talk about value and the 1080p/60 fps crowd you lose the ryzen 3000 argument at the get go because of 1st and 2nd gen pricing bro.
    How the normal, mainstream buy computers:
    step 0: ask the techie in their family/friends for help
    step 0.5: immediately forget what they were recommended
    step 1: go to the local store and say "I NEED PC, GIEB PLEZ"
    step 2: sales person points at newest and shiniest and says "Is shiney, is gud"
    step 3: pay
    bonus step: Tell techie what happened, techie proceeds to feel great shame

The mainstream buyer doesn't see "Oh, but this one does about the same in reviews and it's 50 dollars cheaper, I should go with that". They see "Oooh, new and shiney and higher numbers, must be better!"

Yeah, your local microcenter deals aren’t really what I’d judge the price of components on. You really need more education on this stuff at this point. Your argument today is a Ryzen 1 argument that you dismissed when it was current. Now that your Ryzen 1 arguments are actually valid you’re trying to refute them. Fucking hilarious.

- - - Updated - - -

He’s talking about the people who would make the purchase you describe not building their own system... again, you need education on this topic.
    You are a slow boy, his argument was that you should go with a 3600 if you are in the 1080p/60 value crowd, even in that scenario you would be much better off with a 2600 or even 1600 as its going to produce more fps/dollar.

I actually cannot wait for new intel CPU's even tho i dont necessarily need one, just to quell the AMD hype train and for intel to show who the true leader is and how far ahead they really are.
    Are you afraid of a little bit of competition? You want Intel to hold a stranglehold on the market and continue to screw people with absurdly high prices? The hype train is real and fan boys like you who worship Intel the industry leader the last two decades are scared to death that a little company managed to survive and now is right on par with Intel and could exceed them in the near future for a fraction of the price to boot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    Are you afraid of a little bit of competition? You want Intel to hold a stranglehold on the market and continue to screw people with absurdly high prices? The hype train is real and fan boys like you who worship Intel the industry leader the last two decades are scared to death that a little company managed to survive and now is right on par with Intel and could exceed them in the near future for a fraction of the price to boot.
    It's especially funny because he was the opposite when Ryzen launched

You guys are so incredibly slow lol, should i not change my opinion based on what is on the market at the time? in 2017 AMD KILLED intel and the only people that should have bought intel products were people that were 100% sure they were not going to be streaming or hell even playing games that took use of more than 4 cores within the lifespan of their PC.

Intel has since released not only 6c/12t i7's (which is the real bump that was needed) but even 8c/8t i7's and 8c16t i9's in that time, the market is COMPLETELY different. I dont know why i need to explain this, should my opinion on pentium 3 vs athlon xp's (i had an athlon xp 1600 cause it owned intel then) be relevant in 2019 too? Like holy hell guys.

It's especially funny because he was the opposite when Ryzen launched
    Oh? so basically just a troll attempting to rile people up then.

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzalot View Post
    Oh? so basically just a troll attempting to rile people up then.
    I am too smart for everyone on here so everyone gangs up on me even when im 100% right all the time. They just dont know how to deal with me lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys are so incredibly slow lol, should i not change my opinion based on what is on the market at the time? in 2017 AMD KILLED intel and the only people that should have bought intel products were people that were 100% sure they were not going to be streaming or hell even playing games that took use of more than 4 cores within the lifespan of their PC.

Intel has since released not only 6c/12t i7's (which is the real bump that was needed) but even 8c/8t i7's and 8c16t i9's in that time, the market is COMPLETELY different. I dont know why i need to explain this, should my opinion on pentium 3 vs athlon xp's (i had an athlon xp 1600 cause it owned intel then) be relevant in 2019 too? Like holy hell guys.
    In 2017 Intel DOMINATED in gaming performance. In 2019 they're slightly ahead on gaming performance. You liked AMD back then, and now dislike them because they're not better at gaming, even though they NEVER were

In 2017 Intel DOMINATED in gaming performance. In 2019 they're slightly ahead on gaming performance. You liked AMD back then, and now dislike them because they're not better at gaming, even though they NEVER were
    In 2017 intel beat ryzen in nearly every game on the market this is 100% true, but forward facing advice was heavily in favor for AMD's increased core counts.....how this is not blatantly obvious to you is baffling given how much you post on this forum.

Case in point (and something i TOLD people would happen)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97sDKvMHd8c&t=5s

You made a bad purchase in 2017 if you bought a 7600k system, thats only two years ago and most people keep their stuff for 5+. I gave great advice then and now it has changed based on what intel has done in the market since.

10+ Year Old Account
    In 2017 a intel beat ryzen in nearly every game on the market this is 100% true, but forward facing advice was heavily in favor for AMD's increased core counts.....how this is not blatantly obvious to you is baffling given how much you post on this forum.

Case in point (and something i TOLD people would happen)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97sDKvMHd8c&t=5s
    Oh look, the 7600k is still the best chip in gaming. Again, why does more core counts matter if performance doesn't follow suit? This is LITERALLY the point you're trying to say makes no sense in my argument, and here you are making the same argument, but for 2 generation old hardware