Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    5+ Year Old Account

New Class Altogether: Witch

Hey y'all! So I know everyone is clammering for tinker, necromancer, or dark ranger/shadow hunter, but I have an idea for a class that could be within the realm of possibility. The Witch. Now in history witches have been predominantly female but I feel that doesn't have to matter all that much. Maybe just call it something else. Witch is the best I can come up with at the moment though. I'm open to name suggestions in the replies.

Now this is all just a theory of mine so it isn't all fleshed out.

This class would rely heavily upon the Drust's death magic, so think of their spells having that eerie black and dark blue colors.

There could be three specs:

Reanimator:
    The manipulation of death magic to form wicker constructs from the souls of the dead to fight along side you, kind of like a necromancer would. (ranged dps or possibly the first ranged tank)

Diviner/Hexcaller:
    The manipulation of death magic to debuff your enemies while also buffing your allies through hexes and enchantments. (support dps)

Runeweaver:
    The manipulation of death magic to steal lifeforce from your enemies and grant it to your allies (healer)

The class would wear intellect cloth gear and use a new scythe weapon type.

This is all just kind of what I would want from a new class. Necromancer seems kinda bland, tinker almost will never happen with engineering, and I feel dark ranger isn't unique enough. Let me know what y'all think!

Edited the part where I said to call it something else for that one guy who keeps saying witches are women only. I know they are generally women only but the term witch is not gender specific. Do some research for yourself buddy.
    Last edited by literallysame; 2019-08-19 at 03:04 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So anyone care to tell 'im that Witches are just Druids?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I'm not talking about the Thornwalkers or whatever they're called. Those are the Drust equivalent of druids. The witches are more akin to necromancers and shamans.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    warlock translates to witchmaster in my language.

Regardless there are ways to make a witch unique
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Well, we do need another caster and witches have an aesthetic and fantasy that differentiates them from other classes. Being more primal and dark in nature.

5+ Year Old Account
    Love this idea! Thumbs up.

Also Blood magic could be a healing spec, though I do love runeweaving.

Warlocks use demon magic, while witches uses more mysticism and nature.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Well, we do need another caster and witches have an aesthetic and fantasy that differentiates them from other classes. Being more primal and dark in nature.
    We don't at all there are so many cloth based casters in the game already. We lack plate casters, mail wearing tanks, and mail melee dps. The witch and necromancer can be introduce as specs honestly rather than full fledge classes but that is up to blizzard.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2019-08-17 at 08:45 AM.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

There are already enough Shadow & Death based classes in the game, and if Blizzard are going to be pushing the whole Void v Light scenario we need another light based class to balance things out.

On the Shadow / Void side we have:
    • Priest (ranged dps)
    • Death Knight (melee dps / tank)
    • Warlock (ranged dps)

On the Light side we have:
    • Priest (healer)
    • Paladin (melee dps / tank / healer)

So the next class should be a Light based ranged dps type. Either that or turn Discipline Priests into a full dps spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but "witch" is effectively female version of "warlock".

Only if we can play as this beauty.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post

Only if we can play as this beauty.
    damn i love this Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

But now town has new queen.

Real Daddy girl.
    Last edited by cocomen2; 2019-08-17 at 09:30 AM.
    Please, there a perfect example of hypocritical thinking:
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    If Tinkers had anything to do with Hunters, but they don’t. Unlike Bards which are linked to Rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by LucyEliza View Post
    There are already enough Shadow & Death based classes in the game, and if Blizzard are going to be pushing the whole Void v Light scenario we need another light based class to balance things out.

• Priest (ranged dps)
    • Warlock (ranged dps)

• Priest (healer)

So the next class should be a Light based ranged dps type. Either that or turn Discipline Priests into a full dps spec.
    Only priest is shadow. Death knight is death and warlock is fel. There is no class dedicated fully to shadow so we need one.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...lopment-thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    If you are suggesting to take my Night Elfs Shadowmeld away, then please find some pike to run yourself through, tyvm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    I don't want to burst anyone's bubble, but "witch" is effectively female version of "warlock".
    A Warlock exchanges/sacrifices life for power.

A Witch manipulates the boundaries between nature and the supernatural for power.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan View Post
    A Warlock exchanges/sacrifices life for power.

A Witch manipulates the boundaries between nature and the supernatural for power.
    So a druid.

I could see a witch happen with some type of earth caster, a shadow type of caster focussed on hexes and maybe self damage. Maybe a bow spec as the last one that combines both.

Not that blizzard will make it, but the concept of a witch can be explored.
    Quote Originally Posted by lunchbox2042 View Post
    Ahh, WoW, the game that gives cosplayers a reason to dress up like medieval fantasy hookers.

Quote Originally Posted by literallysame View Post
    Hey y'all! So I know everyone is clammering for tinker, necromancer, or dark ranger/shadow hunter, but I have an idea for a class that could be within the realm of possibility. The Witch. Now in history witches have been predominantly female but I feel that doesn't have to matter all that much. Maybe just call it something else. Witch is the best I can come up with at the moment though. I'm open to name suggestions in the replies.

Now this is all just a theory of mine so it isn't all fleshed out.

This class would rely heavily upon the Drust's death magic, so think of their spells having that eerie black and dark blue colors.

There could be three specs:

Reanimator:
    The manipulation of death magic to form wicker constructs from the souls of the dead to fight along side you, kind of like a necromancer would. (ranged dps or possibly the first ranged tank)

Diviner/Hexcaller:
    The manipulation of death magic to debuff your enemies while also buffing your allies through hexes and enchantments. (support dps)

Runeweaver:
    The manipulation of death magic to steal lifeforce from your enemies and grant it to your allies (healer)

The class would wear intellect cloth gear and use a new scythe weapon type.

This is all just kind of what I would want from a new class. Necromancer seems kinda bland, tinker almost will never happen with engineering, and I feel dark ranger isn't unique enough. Let me know what y'all think!
    So you wish for female warlocks? your wish is granted, you can create female witch, but for one condition, its name will be warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by ViolenceJackRespectsWomen View Post
    We don't at all there are so many cloth based casters in the game already. We lack [...] mail melee dps.
    Do we? We have two specs that to Melee dps (Ehnahce Shaman/Survival Hunter) and two specs that do range DPS (Marks/Elemental) and one that kind of does both (BM). I mean, you could argue that we need a Cloth Melee Dps, or a Cloth tank as well.

That said, I'm aware I'm just nitpicking. It'd be surprising if the next class isn't mail.

On Witches - they really don't seem that different at all to Warlocks/Necromancers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LuminaL View Post
    So you wish for female warlocks? your wish is granted, you can create female witch, but for one condition, its name will be warlock.
    Was that where the first Witchalok came from?
    Last edited by Mic_128; 2019-08-17 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zexism View Post

Regardless there are ways to make a witch unique
    i guess you are german then XD

Quote Originally Posted by LucyEliza View Post

• Priest (ranged dps)
    • Warlock (ranged dps)

• Priest (healer)

I'm gonna pitch in here and entirely agree, .. it is heavy on the witchcraft side already. You can add Druid to the list too and MAge which are also tied to witchcraft/magic even though there portrayl is more fantasy based here than based on real life.