Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    Nefarion has a stopgap move/assault that requires an Onyxia cape to be worn, so that requires a LOT of time to harvest Ony-Scales
    Nefarian needs a minimum of 1 player having the cloak because there is a safe spot. Preferably 2 tho, main tank+healer.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    You ain't missing anything.

Classic is just not as hard as people pretended it was.
    I certainly thought the large population on servers would make it hard to even hit 60 first week, but once jokerd beat the world record time to sixty by more than 24 hours I realized yeah, maybe week one kills were possible. Grats to the folks who got these kills. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    Waaaaah Method (retail heroes) didn't get any world firsts in Classic :'(
    That tends to happen when you are not participating in the race.

After the news of this, the two bosses (not dungeons) that interest me the most will Nefarion in Blackwing Lair and Princess HuHuran in AQ40 kills.

Nefarion has a stopgap move/assault that requires an Onyxia cape to be worn, so that requires a LOT of time to harvest Ony-Scales, enough to produce a 40-man raid's worth will mathematically take weeks (unless they do something really clever, like convince a bunch of lower-level alts to run separate ony runs and farm scales for their mains. Mathematically it is possible then)

Princess HuHuran in AQ40, however, requires a great amount of Nature Resist to deal with - and that gear (if I remember correctly) comes from AQ40 itself in crafting patterns and gated mats.
    not really its the same believing as of needed fire resistance for rag ;P

+ this time its already known in advance what is needed for anything so even these raids will be cleared WF within few hours after opening

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    (retail heroes)
    How are you using retail heroes here?

A) They only play on retail
    B) They are the best on retail
    C) They didn't play on private servers
    D) Other
    E) Always gotta be an E to confuse people.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    ISO 8601 also says dates are YYYY-MM-DD. Nobody cares about your backward European DD-MM-YYYY ways of measuring. We live in 2019 now not the 1500s. Go back to your European caves.

*eyeroll*

Truly the dumbest shit I've seen in a while.
    I was particularly amused by his 1500s comment. Does he mean that all we Americans need to go back to the European or whatever countries our ancestors came from, unless we're Native Americans, cause the country hasn't been around that long?

Method have just started MC raid, so you can see for yourself.

LOL
    reading the first 5 pages....today....makes me giggle.

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    LOL
    reading the first 5 pages....today....makes me giggle.
    Yup, the first page of this thread did not age well at all. Haha.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Queendom View Post
    Method have just started MC raid, so you can see for yourself.
    No coms, guess they don't want to reveal their strats.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Tell me about it. Running back to my body in the Barrens is a brutal waste of time.
    The BRD dungeon corpse run is the most brutal imo haha.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Princess HuHuran in AQ40, however, requires a great amount of Nature Resist to deal with - and that gear (if I remember correctly) comes from AQ40 itself in crafting patterns and gated mats.
    Maraudon has resist gear. It's obviously weaker than raid crafts/world dragon loot, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Sunday is the first day of the week in the US, not the last. Which is irrelevant when measuring a week, which is any span of 7 days.
    Which is kind of ironic as US is a pretty religious country for a western country and Sunday is the Sabbath day. The day that God rested after his work. I know the Bible doesn't actually state Sunday as the Sabbath and this thought of Sunday as the first day of the week could come from Jews who have Saturday as the Sabbath. I always think of Monday as the first day of the week because that's the first day of the school and work week.

Anyway. It took 122 hours to kill. I thought getting 30 or so people to 60 was going to take longer. It didn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Estravolt View Post
    That tends to happen when you are not participating in the race.
    They were competing. They got smashed. That's why they said they weren't competing. Can't lose those $$$ with truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post

They were competing. They got smashed. That's why they said they weren't competing. Can't lose those $$$ with truth.
    So despite them saying a week before launch that they aren't competing, they somehow were and are saying they weren't because they "lost"?

What?

Im laughing right now. All the "OMG vanilla was so hard compared to retail" "people wont be able to kill vanilla bosses easy it took X days for first clear" "it took months to level" Etc etc. Now look at it. Exactly where the smart people thought it would be. A dumbed down version of what everyone remembers because players today are vastly superior to those vanilla WoW.

People seem to think that its because of private servers. Its not. The same mechanics are on live servers. Guides are everywhere. The game isnt hard. And your nostalgia trip lasted a week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Method stepped into their territory and tried for world first and failed, hard, not the opposite.
    Did they though? They had like 5 ppl from the guild actually playing the game during their coverage of the race. If you can shit on method for losing a race they didn't participate in then it's more than fine shitting on apes for losing the next mythic race.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    Im laughing right now. All the "OMG vanilla was so hard compared to retail" "people wont be able to kill vanilla bosses easy it took X days for first clear" "it took months to level" Etc etc. Now look at it. Exactly where the smart people thought it would be. A dumbed down version of what everyone remembers because players today are vastly superior to those vanilla WoW.

People seem to think that its because of private servers. Its not. The same mechanics are on live servers. Guides are everywhere. The game isnt hard. And your nostalgia trip lasted a week.
    lol I'm still sitting in a 20k queue...
    u talk like Classic is dead because Rag died week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhands View Post
    Method stepped into their territory and tried for world first and failed, hard, not the opposite.
    But a week before launch they said they will not be racing for wf

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    Nowhere he said anything about "dead Classic". It's all about those peeps, who for years kept telling us this bullshit, how Vanilla raids were oh so hard and superior to retail.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2019-09-01 at 07:35 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    I don't think anyone is reasonably expecting a guild to take down MC within the first week.
    I'm...I don't know how to tell you this......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    No one said it was dead. Just quite a few ppl laughing at what we all knew to be the case - the game is extremely easy, and the difficulty is comparable to LFR on live, and yet some morons actually tried to make the argument that it was on par or even above mythic raids in retail.

That's all that is happening here, a big "I told you so" moment. Sadly, some take it quite personal, and instead of saying "whoa, you were right!" They are furiously backtracking and moving the goalposts.