View Poll Results: Lockboxes - should rogues be allowed to roll "need" in a PUG dungeon group?

Voters
585. This poll is closed
  • Yes

132 22.56%
  • No

453 77.44%
Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Lockpicking is no different than herbalism or mining. If you see a Ore/Herb node in a dungeon does everyone roll and then make the person with the skill harvest it and then trade to the person with the highest roll? If the rogue wasnt there you wouldnt even get the chest in the first place. If other people want chest loot nothing is stopping them from leveling BS or Engineering. If I was the rogue I wouldnt roll at all unless there were 2 rogues there.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2019-09-09 at 12:50 AM.

Another dumb thread.

People are "allowed" to click need on whatever they want. Clicking need on something you can't "need" was taken out in Cata? Wrath?

every chest or lockbox is for greed roll.
    I am a rogue. It is one of the reasons to have a rogue in your party.

Yeah everyone should greed on lockboxes

Locked chests people who can open them should roll

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Lockpicking is no different than herbalism or mining. If you see a Ore/Herb node in a dungeon does everyone roll and then make the person with the skill harvest it and then trade to the person with the highest roll? If the rogue wasnt there you wouldnt even get the chest in the first place. If other people want chest loot nothing is stopping them from leveling BS or Engineering.
    It is common dungeon courtesy to roll on nodes if someone else is also a miner or herber.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    every chest or lockbox is for greed roll.
    I am a rogue. It is one of the reasons to have a rogue in your party.

This rogue gets it

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lockboxes is a "all need" roll in pugs I feel.

Locked chests are more of a grey area. Up to the person with the key to decide. I don't feel bad either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Because skinners don't wait for everyone to /roll for skins.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree.
    I don't think lockpicking costs nearly as much money to level, for one thing.

Second, if there are two skinners, they normally alternate or roll.... soooo your argument is invalid.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilly32 View Post
    Lockpicking is no different than herbalism or mining. If you see a Ore/Herb node in a dungeon does everyone roll and then make the person with the skill harvest it and then trade to the person with the highest roll? If the rogue wasnt there you wouldnt even get the chest in the first place. If other people want chest loot nothing is stopping them from leveling BS or Engineering. If I was the rogue I wouldnt roll at all unless there were 2 rogues there.
    I can take the box outside the dungeon and have someone else roll, likewise, I can bring a skeleton key.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't think lockpicking costs nearly as much money to level, for one thing.

Second, if there are two skinners, they normally alternate or roll.... soooo your argument is invalid.
    You literally just validated my argument.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Lockboxes and Chests aren't exclusive Rogue property.

first week had a Rogue walk to a locked chest in SFK and open it, loot everything, some really nice BOE Blue dropped. Needless to say everyone was mad at him. He said "if its locked its mine".

We went on without him.
    well with no rogue you have no loot anyway because you cant open it so....
    The difference beteween genius and stupidity... genius has its limit

Lockbox's get rolled on by the people who can unlock them.

If there is only one miner he gets the node, If there is only one skinner he gets to skin. If two people can open a lockbox they roll for it.

Its that simple.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You literally just validated my argument.
    False.

10 chars

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Terminatrix View Post
    well with no rogue you have no loot anyway because you cant open it so....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Lockbox's get rolled on by the people who can unlock them.

If there is only one miner he gets the node, If there is only one skinner he gets to skin. If two people can open a lockbox they roll for it.

Its that simple.
    You know that you can take lockboxes out of the dungeon, and open them with another Rogue (friend) or a skeleton key, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    You know that you can take lockboxes out of the dungeon, and open them with another Rogue (friend) or a skeleton key, right?
    I read the thread wrong, I was talking about locked chests that are randomly in dungeons.

Locked Box's (as in the need/greed roll) are always greed. If you need on a lockbox you will be kicked.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

7+ Year Old Account
    Because skinners don't wait for everyone to /roll for skins.

- - - Updated - - -

I disagree.
    1. not everyone can make use of skins, usually people who have skinning actually use the skins, while randoms in dungeons dont.
    2. you dont bring a skinner cause they are a skinner, but you bring a rogue cause they are a rogue
    3. because skinning does not drop gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Greed roll on Lock Boxes since those can be opened by any Rogue/Blacksmith at anytime outside of the Dungeon.

Locked Chests are another case since they only exist in that particular lockout of the instance. An argument can be made that, since it was somewhat of a team effort to make it to that chest, everyone ought to roll for it, but since that's entirely up to the Rogue at that point and anything the group does to them is vindictive at best, there's no point in trying to force the Rogue to unlock it for someone else in the party.

Letting the Rogue take their locked chests removes a source of petty drama. Enforcing a roll on a locked chest is like enforcing a roll on skinnable corpses, herbs, and ore veins for members other than the gatherer.

However, just to reiterate, lock boxes are a different case. Rolling need on those is like an Enchanter need rolling on anything that drops because they can DE it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob View Post
    you're not supposed to kill someone unless they kill you first. it's common sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    either everyone needs, or no one.

the rogue should not get any lockboxes or chests just because he is the one who can open them.
    by that logic, i should roll too cause i can open them with engineering.

it is part of his arsenal, it is one of the skills he brings to the group.
    just like buffs, water, proper soulstone placement, etc etc.

i just had this discusion with a friend today. funny.

If you expect Warlocks to give our healthstones
    If you expect Mages to give out food and/or water
    If you expect Paladins to give you the appropriate buff

Then you really should expect a Rogue to open the chest and share the loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Nenavn View Post
    Greed roll on Lock Boxes since those can be opened by any Rogue/Blacksmith at anytime outside of the Dungeon.

Locked Chests are another case since they only exist in that particular lockout of the instance. An argument can be made that, since it was somewhat of a team effort to make it to that chest, everyone ought to roll for it, but since that's entirely up to the Rogue at that point and anything the group does to them is vindictive at best, there's no point in trying to force the Rogue to unlock it for someone else in the party.

Letting the Rogue take their locked chests removes a source of petty drama. Enforcing a roll on a locked chest is like enforcing a roll on skinnable corpses, herbs, and ore veins for members other than the gatherer.

However, just to reiterate, lock boxes are a different case. Rolling need on those is like an Enchanter need rolling on anything that drops because they can DE it.
    Those are not equatable examples.

A group can't unlock the chest w/o the Rogue, but...

...the Rogue couldn't have gotten to the chest w/o the group!
    "Auto-correct is my worst enema."

Always greeded lockboxes and rolled on chests, even if they're locked, rogue can pick it and not loot. It's what I've been doing on my rogue.
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."