View Poll Results: Lockboxes - should rogues be allowed to roll "need" in a PUG dungeon group?

Voters
585. This poll is closed
  • Yes

132 22.56%
  • No

453 77.44%
Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Orbusg View Post
    Mind you my post was referring to anyone that can open them, not just rogues.
    If multiple people can open it In the immediate party then they get to roll against each other.

Does the rest of the party that can't unlock things feel entitled to the stationary locked chests too?
    Apparently blizz doesn't think so, otherwise it would bring up the roll prompt on rares inside them.
    The person opening it had to train a profession to open it.
    You don't see people rolling in herbs or mining nodes either.
    Well, they do in the real WoW, it's only like that because that's the way it was in vanilla. At least when there still were locked chests.

Also, having to level lockpicking is a stupid argument as well. The other person could just not have trained their skill. It's about the same amount of effort to get that amount of gold as it is to level lockpicking.

Lock boxes, no. These can be picked in the trade window without an actual trade. Anyone can benefit from this.

Chests in dungeons, yes. I think if there's a locked chest, it should go to a Rogue or BS (provided they have a skeleton key). If you disagree with this, you're literally one of the people that thinks no one deserves anything over the person who did the work getting something. The absolute only exception to this rule would be if you agree upon rolling off chests in dungeons before starting the dungeon. If the Rogue (or BS w/ Skeleton Key) isn't there, no one gets the loot. Why would this exclusive belong to anyone else?

you're literally one of the people that thinks no one deserves anything over the person who did the work getting something
    No, that would be you and all the entitled rogues in this thread. If that's how you feel we can skip the pack of 3-4 elites by the chest and the rogue can come back and try to solo it later after we disband.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Yeah, remove all class advantages resulted as effort put into the game (many hours, not super easy) for some entitled bitches. As for the group effort in dungeon, the rogue will probably do most damage too.

And no, I’m not playing a rogue.

roll on the lockboxes, but good luck getting the rogue to give up the chests. "whoopsie, auto-loot was on." (me, literally always)

Maybe it's fair to roll on it if the chest requires extra trash mob pulls to get to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Main a rogue, I roll on all of that, don't care about having to roll. People that are moaning about some rogues taking locked chests for themselves...lol get a life mate xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus1 View Post
    locked chests are greed rolls.

I could open them all back in the day due to my blacksmithing skeleton keys. Still greed rolled them.
    Exactly, engineers can open those too.

Seeing rogues posting here i am starting to think about never invite a rogue again, in classic they dont bring anything that another class cant bring

It's pretty simple. The rogue shares or he is kicked. Every time I have seen a rogue take stuff that isn't theirs they gave been kicked. I have booted rogues from guild for doing this. I know if others that have booted rogues for the same thing.

If a rogue doesn't want to share then they can run the dungeon alone and see how they go.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    mining nodes are not gear, or items for other professions.
    Anything that requires a skill to access is effectively something that skill user should get preference over.
    If a leatherworking pattern drops, should a tailor be able to roll on it ?

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I don't think lockpicking costs nearly as much money to level, for one thing.

Second, if there are two skinners, they normally alternate or roll.... soooo your argument is invalid.
    Yup, we were 3 skinners in Wailing Caverns and each took their turn. Worked fine and we even reminded each other to skin.

My rule is always to let the rogue keep what is in the chest except for BoE greens/blues/purples. Those just get a standard /roll.

To the people saying if the rogue wasn't there the chest would never be opened: if the rest of the party wasn't there the rogue would never be able to get there to open it. You're a party and should work together.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    Hey all

Just a very quick, simple question/poll. Not looking to start a flame war or anything - just interested in peoples opinions! So here goes...

You are in a pug group for a dungeon and a lockbox drops. There is a rogue in the group. Is it right that the rogue should get to roll "need" while the rest of the group rolls "greed"?

That's it! Appreciate your thoughts. The poll is just yes/no. Shouldn't be any need for a third option.
    short story - yes - they wouldnt be able to open it without him so they have no right to anything that is inside.

If I was a rogue and someone asked the group to roll for a locked chest, I'd leave it locked.

Any rogue that believes that a locked chest is their property is a shithead. That's like a mage charging everyone in the dungeon for mage food. If the Classic community is as good as people claim then I hope rogues with this mentality never get groups ever again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adp View Post
    Lockboxes are all greed. I don't mind that since I get tips and skill ups for opening them. Locked chests though? If you've brought a key I'll happily roll against you for the loot. If not then you just don't have access to it sorry.

Mage food/water or warlock health stone aren't really comparable. I don't expect those in dungeons.
    No no no. But by your logic, the person with the key should get all the loot! See how fucking selfish and stupid that sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    Locked chests are rogue property.
    Quote Originally Posted by zetitup View Post
    If the chest is locked, i don't see why not, since the party can't open it anyway, lockboxes, meh w/e
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadwhisper View Post
    Locked chests are absolutely rogue property, you can't unlock them, they can, its a perk of that class. You aren't entitled to their skills.
    Locked chests are not rogue only property. Engineers and Blacksmiths can open them as well and being a rogue doesn't put any claim on it. The people who claim this are the ones you want to not group with.

As a rogue I roll greed, as it's just another drop. Also roll on locked chests but obviously unlock them for the winner. If the entire group was rolling need on every drop I'd roll need as well, but that's an issue with the group rather than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelyn View Post
    Hey all

Just a very quick, simple question/poll. Not looking to start a flame war or anything - just interested in peoples opinions! So here goes...

You are in a pug group for a dungeon and a lockbox drops. There is a rogue in the group. Is it right that the rogue should get to roll "need" while the rest of the group rolls "greed"?

That's it! Appreciate your thoughts. The poll is just yes/no. Shouldn't be any need for a third option.
    Same old "who gets to roll question what" that has been asked oh so many times before. Its easy, Party leader decides loot rules. You like, stay, you dislike go. /thread

Edited: oh so many.

For a lockbox absolutely everyone including the Rogue should be greeding it because anyone can get it opened once they get back to a main city.

For a chest though that goes to the Rogue because nobody else has access to it (unless a BS with a key is there, then they can roll). I know if I was on my Rogue and people wanted to roll me for a chest I just wouldn't open it and then problem solved, I'll come back for it once the group disbands after we finish the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Any rogue that believes that a locked chest is their property is a shithead. That's like a mage charging everyone in the dungeon for mage food. If the Classic community is as good as people claim then I hope rogues with this mentality never get groups ever again.

- - - Updated - - -

No no no. But by your logic, the person with the key should get all the loot! See how fucking selfish and stupid that sounds?
    ? If someone has a key and there's also a rogue who can pick the chest then they roll for it. If there are multiple people with keys then they all roll for it. Was that not clear?

Quote Originally Posted by Deadwhisper View Post
    Locked chests are absolutely rogue property, you can't unlock them, they can, its a perk of that class. You aren't entitled to their skills.

Lock boxes however, are rollable loot.
    Blacksmiths can also open chests and lockboxes...