Horde

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Both sides shared mob taps in Durotar too.
    Hmm, i killed 2 alliance players while doing these quests...wasn't i supposed to do that

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    See above.
    You are wrong.

Hour of Twilight was already on test realm in september when Pandaria was annunced at the blizzcon later in October.
    Cataclsym was the last expansion old fashion style: where you got a big bag guy to kill at the end of it like Ilidan and Arthas before.

Pandaria was the first of the new concept of expansion, where the story drive you to directly the next chapter as a single narrative continues.

Infact, we already jailed Garrosh (patch 5.4 septemper 2013) when Wod was showed later at the Blizzcon.

We was already on the last raid (Hellfire Jun-2015) when Illidan was showed at the Gamescom in August.

Argus was lauch in August 2017 and BfA was annunced 3 months later at the Blizzcon.

Even if we got the 8.3 patch on Test Realm next week, must be very small to reveal, before the Blizzcon, who the last boss is and what happen to us. If, at this point, there is a last raid...
    Last edited by Tartys; 2019-09-26 at 11:24 AM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Since I think 9.0 will be a world revamp after a timeskip, I don't think the reveal of both it and 8.3 would spoil anything. The end of BfA will still be a mystery.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2019-09-26 at 11:09 AM.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Since I think 9.0 will be a world revamp after a timeskip, I don't think the reveal of both 8.3 will spoil anything. The end of BfA will still be a mystery.
    I mean depending on the revamp, that's not really true. If there are old god tentacles all over the place that kinda says something.

So after reading up on the thread we all seem to agree N'Zoth is to be fought, but where is the question.

Are going to Shadowlands to find him in 8.3? Will we fight him in some sort of Deep Wound raid around the sword? Will we be dragged into his world somehow or access it via a portal that Wrathion gives us....

What i am convinced is that Wrathion is not a good guy and could be also a puppet of an Old God or in fact one himself.

The 8.3 reveal is also gonna be interesting, if they don't announce the new expansion at blizzcon and just talk about 8.3 and its reveal there...when the fuck do we get 9.0 reveal? They said that BFA was only gonna be a short expansion as it is etc etc. So that would mean a whole expansion is wasted being revealed at what? What big event happens post Blizzcon? CES January 2020 lol? (/s obviously)
    This is why i am convinced we might just get an 8.3 "reveal" in the next couple of weeks with then Blizzcon panels discussing it further and then a 9.0 reveal as well during Blizzcon when we know who and what we are fighting already.

All will be revealed i guess, i just hope we get more awesome CGI clips, as much as some people question the story or plot holes etc the beauty behind the CGI and how it is portrayed is straight up cinema level. I would 100% take this kinda clips compared to the Warcraft movie they made as it is just that good. Would love one day we get a 60-90 minute special haha but i guess that is just wishful thinking :P

Still..9.0....will Sylvanas and Helya be the foes or will the old gods be the purpose and forefront after whatever N'Zoth does to us..So much direction!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I mean depending on the revamp, that's not really true. If there are old god tentacles all over the place that kinda says something.
    I'm expecting more of a pristine world revamp, with ominous "new threats" rising so heroes are needed again. They then would provide glimpses of these overarching threats, but not delve into them too much. The main draw would be the renewed world and how changed it would be.

We could even have a glimpse and a mention of a new Black Empire rising as a threat somewhere in the world, and we would still be clueless if it's N'Zoth or Xal'atath behind it.
    Last edited by DeicideUH; 2019-09-26 at 11:27 AM.
    Whatever...

I highly doubt we'll see Nyalotha or Shadowlands or Dragon Isles in 8.3.

Pretty sure 8.3 will resolve in Silithus around the Heart Chamber. Maybe it'll be another titan complex where N'zoth will be fought (if we fight him at all). Silithus started BfA, it's going to end there. Maybe N'zoth will be the final encounter and we'll go to Nyalotha as we did with Xavius and the Rift of Aln in EN. That's as much Nyalothas as we'll get.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I highly doubt we'll see Nyalotha or Shadowlands or Dragon Isles in 8.3.

Pretty sure 8.3 will resolve in Silithus around the Heart Chamber. Maybe it'll be another titan complex where N'zoth will be fought (if we fight him at all). Silithus started BfA, it's going to end there. Maybe N'zoth will be the final encounter and we'll go to Nyalotha as we did with Xavius and the Rift of Aln in EN. That's as much Nyalothas as we'll get.
    There will probably be a Ny'alotha and it will probably be a large zone.

Quote Originally Posted by brt2pp View Post
    we still hasn't seen big ass azshara cannon shooting anything, my bet is it will be used to shoot at n'zoth (maybe as a raid encounter). that is ofc, if they won't go back on their promise, but let's assume they won't.
    Given that you have to tear down the base and rebuild it to aim that thing at anything, it's just as well.

Maybe we'll get a small joke cutscene of some less than smart goblins accidentally blowing it to pieces.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if anyone said this, but what if we fight N'zoth off of the Stormwind docks, and that's how that picture of us dead there comes about. I know the text of it is debunked, but if the picture is real maybe that's how it happens?
    "Love all, trust a few,do wrong to none."

Quote Originally Posted by Jellykiss View Post
    I don't know if anyone said this, but what if we fight N'zoth off of the Stormwind docks, and that's how that picture of us dead there comes about. I know the text of it is debunked, but if the picture is real maybe that's how it happens?
    It isn't. Not only is it bad (how anyone could look at that water and think "yeah this is legit" is beyond me, but it also has blight canisters all over the place because the setup was that Sylvanas and the forsaken attacked from the harbor and took the city, and we know that the Forsaken aren't with her anymore, just the dark rangers, so there's no reason for Forsaken stuff to be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    You are wrong.

Hour of Twilight was already on test realm in september when Pandaria was annunced at the blizzcon later in October.
    Cataclsym was the last expansion old fashion style: where you got a big bag guy to kill at the end of it like Ilidan and Arthas before.

Pandaria was the first of the new concept of expansion, where the story drive you to directly the next chapter as a single narrative continues.

Infact, we already jailed Garrosh (patch 5.4 septemper 2013) when Wod was showed later at the Blizzcon.

We was already on the last raid (Hellfire Jun-2015) when Illidan was showed at the Gamescom in August.

Argus was lauch in August 2017 and BfA was annunced 3 months later at the Blizzcon.

Even if we got the 8.3 patch on Test Realm next week, must be very small to reveal, before the Blizzcon, who the last boss is and what happen to us. If, at this point, there is a last raid...
    Hmm, I must be misremembering then. I know for myself the first I saw of the Hour of Twilight patch was during the MoP reveal trailer ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyeZ8khSEC0 ).

Back to your original point, yeah I think for the most recent expansions we haven't had anything spoiled for us, this year may prove to be different!

My own guess fo 9.0's setup is Sylvanas is going to absorb N'zoth into Xal'atath when we've weakened him in the final boss fight, then infiltrate the Chamber of Hearth, kill Azeroth and turn the world-soul undead. She'll then use her banshee powers to possess it and become an actual Goddess of Death. Or at least attempt that.

It isn't. Not only is it bad (how anyone could look at that water and think "yeah this is legit" is beyond me, but it also has blight canisters all over the place because the setup was that Sylvanas and the forsaken attacked from the harbor and took the city, and we know that the Forsaken aren't with her anymore, just the dark rangers, so there's no reason for Forsaken stuff to be there.
    And there's still the issue that the water doesn't look like anything the Warcraft team has ever done in engine or cutscenes. The screenshot is likely a screenshot, but it isn't Warcraft, it just uses Warcraft assets.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    It's horribly done in ESO though as it makes no sense at all. You're murdering your own faction, allies etc.

If WoW implements something like this they better make it logical from a story-standpoint. The idea in ESO was nice the execution was awful, they just opened up all the existing quests for everyone. For example if they'd do this in WoW this would mean as an Alliance player you can go to Barrens and kill Theramore soldiers.
    I'm sure vast majority of players actually wouldn't give a shit if they could play with their friends/family as whatever race/faction choice they wanted. Even on the official forums already there are more posts garnering support for being able to play together than those opposing it.

7+ Year Old Account
    There will probably be a Ny'alotha and it will probably be a large zone.
    They have 4 weeks to put on test realm all the patch 8.3 content, including the final battle.

Otherwise it makes no sense to present at Blizzcon the next new expansion.

and in this situation, it's possible to have patch 8.3 only if they re-use art set that are already into the game. So, don't expect a large "new" zone.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

They have 4 weeks to put on test realm all the patch 8.3 content, including the final battle.

and in this situation, it's possible to have patch 8.3 only if they re-use art set that are already into the game. So, don't expect a large "new" zone.
    Where are you getting all that nonsense from? That it isn't on the PTR doesn't mean they haven't been working on it for months. Work likely started on or before BfA release.

We have no idea how long 8.3 may have been in the works. 8.2.5 was very light in the art department. No music, no new ones, no new mobs, very few quests as well. The team may have been working on assets for months already, ever since 8.2 was wrapped up.

———

For me, the Quel’thalas prediction still stands, with minor changes.
    Whatever...

Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    I'm sure vast majority of players actually wouldn't give a shit if they could play with their friends/family as whatever race/faction choice they wanted. Even on the official forums already there are more posts garnering support for being able to play together than those opposing it.
    And we talk about how badly incoherent the current story is for levelling a new character now... I absolutely do not want something as idiotic as a full faction merger like ESOs.

This isn't Classic where you are effectively limited to play one faction. If you want to play with friends you can easily roll an alt of the other faction on the same server.

Hell, just roll an alt and use the free level boost that will inevitably come with the new expansion release.

1) 4 weeks to put up a PTR =/= 4 weeks to make a large zone. Whatever 8.3 is has been in development for months now.
    2) There is zero reason, at all, that they would need to put "all" of 8.3 on the PTR prior to Blizzcon, just an early build would be plenty enough to tease
    3) There is zero reason, at all, there even needs to be a PTR prior to announcement. Cata's intro trailer basically just mentions we're about to go fight Arthas. MoP's intro trailer mentions Deathwing is about to be faced, all a 9.0 reveal has to do is say something about N'zoth and that is the only mention of 8.3 that even needs to happen at Blizzcon.

They could announce 9.0 in the opening ceremony, go into in the panels, not mention 8.3 at all and then the next week release a Q&A for 8.3 PTR.