Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiiMiii View Post
    They announced thier Overwatch/TF2 FPS take. They completely abandoned the concept of healing. This makes for much faster paced gameplay and going by the gameplay, if you are skilled, you can kill 3 people in 5 sec. Beeing allowed to "hard carry" and the fantasy of doing this, is extremely appealing.
    Extremely appealing for hardcores, not for the masses. To get mass popularity you need more casual games, thats one big part of Blizzards success. The most casual MMO, the most casual Team Shooter, the most casual card game.

10+ Year Old Account
    With how much people are mad over the way Blizzard handled the Hearthstone problem.. Yeah, just wait. With Tencent owning 100% share (I believe), it's just a matter of time before they do something similar

Riot did the right thing at the right time with LoL. But then they never did anything else.

Now they're Tencent, and announcing 4 games at once that are basically covering the currently "hot topics" - to me it just looks as a tryout of all the stuff they can manage to launch and see what sticks.

It doesn't look like they have a plan actually.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

A Chinese owned company with one game that's based on a Warcraft 3 map and are now releasing a bunch more ripoffs, half of which for mobile. New Blizzard?
    Sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Temp name View Post
    With how much people are mad over the way Blizzard handled the Hearthstone problem.. Yeah, just wait. With Tencent owning 100% share (I believe), it's just a matter of time before they do something similar
    Which they already did by formally warning against any political statements at their esports events right after Blizzard's podcast got hijacked.
    Last edited by Trumpcat; 2019-10-18 at 12:16 PM.

Lol are we talking about the same company? Every single game/game mode that Riot has introduced other than tft (which is a copy pasta too)has crashed and burned. Remember dominion, minions vs mechs and some other projects that i cant even remember. Let's please stop this comparison right away.

I dont get where this " riot will be the new blizzard"
    FIRST of all, LoL have the most Toxic Community in the game, To my knowlege was the first game that truly just gave in, to became a Toxic wasteland of Community.
    But Fine Lets just forget that. They have 1-2 very succefull games,(if we say team tactic which they pretty much just shameless stole from dota )
    And with their new games, that was announced A card game, that what little is known is pretty good, a Figther, that hard to fuck up(so we can assume it will be good)
    and maybe a Action RPG(in the style of Diablo or so ) Oh and a shooter. Which could be good.

but why do you want them to be the new blizzard? so you want them to have a golden 8 ish years and then turn into a just as bad as any other Tripple A devolpers?
    Worse To be fair, Riot have arleady said to it's players dont do a Hong kong Praise moment... They are much More in the pocket of China then Even blizzard.
    Why do you want them to be "new blizzard" lets fucking hope they become better.. I want a better and more fair card game then heartstone, A shooter at the level of overwatch(for lets be real it pretty good), A better fucking Action Loot RPG(in the or how you describe diablo clones) Please let it be better..

Looking at the history of League of Legends.
    They constantly updated it and made balance patches that made sense, with explainations why they were done.
    They kept the game spirit, and they constatly replyed to people on reddit, their forums and twitter.
    They involved the community to vote for what skin to come next, and they even had a list for what champions are to get a rework for a long time forward.
    They have said multiple times they want to keep their focus on the active players, and not make the game for everyone and their grandma, but are OK with having a steep learning curve and it beeing too complex for some people.

The company demand that the employees play their games. Activly. This is to keep them grounded and understand what gamers actually want. And this prooves in their upcoming games.

They have released their Auto Chess take, and it is by far the most popular version of them, from what I can tell.

I'm no fighting game player. But from what I understand from friends, they are doing everything right in their upcoming fighting game.

Their card game they released beta of today. It has NO way to buy cards. Yes it has a cash shop, but not to get cards. The mechanics also have been much closer to Magic compared to Hearthstone in complexity. In interviews the devs talk about stuff like making sure you should never feel like "I lost and there was nothing I could do". And looking at beta footage, it's looking really solid so far.

They announced thier Overwatch/TF2 FPS take. They completely abandoned the concept of healing. This makes for much faster paced gameplay and going by the gameplay, if you are skilled, you can kill 3 people in 5 sec. Beeing allowed to "hard carry" and the fantasy of doing this, is extremely appealing. They talk about actual solutions to reducing lag, "peekers advantage" and anti cheating.

They are the company that is now in touch with what good games are. I can't wait for these games. Blizzard, over the past decade, has ruined and completely failed on almost all games. WoW Retail is in a horrible state. Diablo 3 is in a horrible state. Hearthstone is in a horrible state, and one of the worst P2W games I have ever played. Heroes of the Storm is in a horrible state, and not even activly developed on anymore. The only good game Blizzard has been able to make in this decade, is Overwatch, and while it's OK, it sure gets more and more issues.

Riot once teased on twitter if we were interested in an MMORPG and the good old Ghostcrawler ("LFR was a mistake") is mysteriously working on an unannounced project. Good times are coming.

You guys agree or am I shilling?
    There going to need alot of more new ips before you go claiming that all they are coming out with is league of legends based games nothing really orignal get real man!

Competition is innovation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like terrible company. Thanks for letting me know, I won't play their games. I don't like hardcore-oriented games. Blizzard is much better.

Quote Originally Posted by vsb View Post
    Sounds like terrible company. Thanks for letting me know, I won't play their games. I don't like hardcore-oriented games. Blizzard is much better.
    Blizzard is about 50 50 imho but you get to choose if you want to play hardcore or not in there games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im going to laugh so hard at this thread when its revealed to be all P2W cellphone games.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    With what they allowed the community in LoL to become, I am not sure I am interested in trying any of their new games regardless. WoW's community may be annoying enough at times, but LoL? only time I ever stopped playing an online game mainly due to its community.
    i didnt mind the toxicity that much in league, i just fought toxic with toxic, but the game itself is what drove me away from it, at one point it was so boring, so stale, the same 20 champs getting picked/banned every game, and if you didnt pick any of said 20 you would get dumpstered in lane, because riot balance department did an amazing job

10+ Year Old Account
    They are the company that is now in touch with what good games are.
    More like the company that has sat on milking a single IP for as long as possible and now wants some other cheap games in other genres to do the same with.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    If anything, the way they are trying to expand I guess, covering multiple genres of video game while focusing on e-sports sort of shit.

This can actually be a pretty good thing though, the more competition that these companies get, the more quality they will need to strive for...
    If companies like EA, Ubi and THQ are any indication, competition doesn't encourage higher quality...
    Last edited by Darknessvamp; 2019-10-18 at 01:12 PM.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

Riot is probably the company that did the most damage to the internet as a whole by introducing the concept of "everything I don't like is toxic " (thanks,Riot Lyte)

That alone ensures they'll never be liked anywhere near as much as Blizzard was

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I have absolutely zero confidence in Riot (Tencent) to ever do anything half-decent, and I despise them as a company. Not even because of how they do video games, but due to them actively having done all they can to destroy another hobby of mine. So, they could make the greatest game ever made, and I would still not give them a single cent.
    I was a huge fan of league of legends, used to play Dota back when it was a mod on warcraft 3, then switched to League on season one and was my main game for 7 years.
    THEN, tencent bought it and they started to ruin both the gameplay and its hero system with their super greedy system and the fact they are building the game around few Esport players and not the actual 20milion players who are playing this game.
    I had the greatest gaming memories of my life on League of Legends with my friends, and they destroyed what I loved.
    for this, Im on a huge hatred for Tencent and why I also hate Epic games and Fortnite.

"Blizzard bows down to it's Chinese overlords so I'm going to go play Riot" is my new favorite thing on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ARPG looks pretty interesting. I hope it's got some chunky story to bite into rather than just being a string of pointless dungeon crawls; Riot's done a lot of work making Runeterra a pretty interesting setting to look into but fuck me if they didn't waste it on a MOBA where most players don't care about the story and would rather shriek at each other over one mistimed play the entire game. My main question is how they're going to pick which champions make it into the ARPG, or if they're putting all 100+ existing champions in, how the hell they're going to balance that so, say, Nautilus and Neeko don't trivialize everything while you're actively punishing yourself for picking Fiora, to draw names out of a hat.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    With what they allowed the community in LoL to become, I am not sure I am interested in trying any of their new games regardless. WoW's community may be annoying enough at times, but LoL? only time I ever stopped playing an online game mainly due to its community.
    The community is nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be.

If anything the standards on League have gotten way too harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    Riot is probably the company that did the most damage to the internet as a whole by introducing the concept of "everything I don't like is toxic " (thanks,Riot Lyte)

That alone ensures they'll never be liked anywhere near as much as Blizzard was
    No one will ever be liked as much as Blizzard was. Blizzard come from a time when gaming was still that pure and innocent thing and when everything was made with passion and exclusively for the fans. A time when the internet wasn't a real thing and when online communities with millions of people didn't exist. A time when stupid employees simply couldn't go to twitter and post all of their philosophical bullshit for the whole world to see.

Blizzard come from a time where they were nearly everyone was good and nice, and Blizz were among the best and the nicest of them all. Riot can't possibly ever compete with that as they are from a completely different era.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    With one IP? Not i don't think so.

Blizzard got his magic, thanks to thier IP's. But it was ruined since 2016.
    Blizzard has more than one IP, but of late only Overwatch has truly been successful. Diablo is dead. Starcraft is dead. Hots and Hearthstone are basically spin-offs of Warcraft, and Retail WoW is in a less than good spot.