Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I suppose the OP never contested Hellfire towers for 3-4 hours at a time because it was so much fun to have real rivalries.

Nothing for me tops the world PVP fun I had with Tol Barad though.
    The most persecuted minority is the individual.

Quote Originally Posted by Xalvia View Post
    What do you want then?

Let me guess...

classic +?
    you mean the thing that will be less likely than TBS to happen?

Ah, round 2 of stop liking things you don't like.

It must really suck to live in such an insulated world that the very possibility that people who like TBC exist causes you this much internal turmoil. I've never been a huge fan of Classic as a whole but I personally wouldn't think twice about resubbing to play TBC.

TBC leveling is quite the same as Vanilla when it comes to XP or speed, just the 10 levels is ofcourse faster than the previous 60.

The faction imbalance is player created, it has no effect on game, very few servers have ever had a good faction (population) balance.

World PvP was always just about ganking, bgs and arena is a much more PvP.
    (Which is why PvP servers is no longer a thing)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgenmaniac View Post
    TBC shares a lot in common with retail. You can still play through outland and do timewalking stuff. You can't replay Vanilla WoW on retail. Vanilla is very different from the expansions. Especially considering players would be transferring their max level characters. The design decisions that plague Battle for Azeroth were born in The Burning Crusade.

Bland and boring Outland leveling that can be finished in a week.

Faction imbalance issues that were prevalent when Blood Elves joined the Horde.

Horde racials even more op than Alliance. If you think population imbalance is bad on classic pvp servers, well imagine tbc.

TBC sort of ruined Warcraft lore. It was destroyed in The Burning Crusade.

Being stuck on a 7 zone continent, with zones that were often empty like Blade's Edge Mountains.

Flying mounts killed off World PvP and shrunk the 7 zone continent to an even smaller size.

Remeber how grindy the attunements were just to do a raid.

Uncreative TBC dungeons. Wings and hallways full of copy paste.

Imbalanced Arena. Imagine nowadays with all the min maxing. Players will just play meta comps.

Remember how disruptive Resilience was to World PvP. It rendered many dps specs unviable.

Gear vendors. A RPG where you buy all your gear off of a merchant in town.

Daily quests inflating the economy. Repetitive and timegated.

Remember how everyone on both factions flew in circles around Shattrah all day.

Remember how awful and boring Shattrah was as a capital city.

Remember what a chore raiding Black Temple for 1 year was or how mundane Hyjal was with the trash pulls.

I just don't see the appeal for TBC. Nostalgia is a real thing you know.
    Just another trogg that thinks that Classic is the best thing ever and that every expansion is somehow inferior lol

sorry kid but just because you want to pout and whine like certain world "leaders" doesn't make you correct either. Classic has its pros but it has glaring flaws that elitists refuse to admit and insist that everything in WoW after is bad. I have heard people bitching and complaining that "current raids are faceroll" when they haven't done anything past LFR or normal at the most. Not surprising, considering Classic elitists consider bosses with 1-2 mechanics to somehow be significantly harder? Congrats, the only real concern is aggro and the 16 slot debuffs which is just always the same priority every time. Whoop-de-fucking-do...

Come back when you've done a Cutting Edge Mythic kill and then try to say that Classic raiding is more difficult than Retail is.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Flying mounts killed off World PvP and shrunk the 7 zone continent to an even smaller size.

No, they didn't. WPvP was killed by a bunch of losers who gank lowbies and/or any other unfair situations as well as poor faction balance on the servers.

Great thread OP.

TBC is bad idea because

-It’s when they tried to make a LFG system that was primitive and that Brack fully realized in WOTLK

-It’s when the world died and wpvp died and the community died. Cross realm BG’s was the end of vanilla and was probably done due to BG pvp gear being a lead in to Arena and destroyed the community even more

-It’s when raid gear lost a ton of value because world pvp was dead and because you could get better pvp gear in a minigame in a fraction of the time.

-BG’s became completely pointless and not fun due to healers having to be balanced around CC chains. You could literally win a BG with a resto druid and a warrior in resilience gear, laughing at how bad the pvp was. Things like stunherald were monumentally stupid. TBC was the worst balanced expansion in the history of WoW in PvP.

-It’s when real organic content was replaced by awful dailies.

-It’s when classes lost all their identity due to trying to “balance” classes, which never works in a MMO. 1 v 1 is currently as bad as it’s ever been in modern WoW because trinket variety and consumables and engineering no longer matter and hard counters are simply too hard.

-PVE tryhards hijacked WoW and made it so time consuming that the game actually ruined peoples lives. Vanilla was never the hardcore game people try to make it out as when it comes to time consumption. TBC was. TBC ruined marriages and lives for very little reward. All you did was get a higher number on a dps meter/threat meter or heal meter in gear that didn’t translate to other areas of the game (pvp).

The only people lobbying for TBC is people who never got out of Kara and streamers who want to try to remain relevant thinking people will watch TBC Arena. They won’t. TBC Arena is awful. TBC raids are also awful. Stream viewers would not watch things like Hyjal. It’s the second worst raid Blizzard ever made and because it was so much longer than the worst, it would be the worst to watch. It’s also when the players realize that TBC is a never ending PVE grind and gear carousel you never get off of and it’s all TBC has. Gear doesn’t last long like it did in Vanilla.

TBC shares a lot in common with retail. You can still play through outland and do timewalking stuff. You can't replay Vanilla WoW on retail. Vanilla is very different from the expansions. Especially considering players would be transferring their max level characters. The design decisions that plague Battle for Azeroth were born in The Burning Crusade.

Horde racials even more op than Alliance. If you think population imbalance is bad on classic pvp servers, well imagine tbc.

Being stuck on a 7 zone continent, with zones that were often empty like Blade's Edge Mountains.

Imbalanced Arena. Imagine nowadays with all the min maxing. Players will just play meta comps.

Remember how disruptive Resilience was to World PvP. It rendered many dps specs unviable.

Remember what a chore raiding Black Temple for 1 year was or how mundane Hyjal was with the trash pulls.

ok /10char

What it is to you if they bring back TBC after Classic? If you don't like and don't want to play it, don't. There are people who do. Is it really necessary to make absolutely fucking useless posts about it?

Vanilla is shit (classic is proving this to many people). BC on the other hand was actually the golden era and I'd say it continued for most of LK too.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

I would live in my own filth and plan for weeks of vacation to relive TBC.

5+ Year Old Account

join date... sept 2019...

mmmm

sounds like bait.

Let me tell you something..... TBC its the best expansion because was the first and original expansion. It expanded the already existing game to new heights... and guess what... even there people was still doing Naxxramas.

Its going to get boring? no my fellow forum dweller. TBC has something that other expansions did bad, pretty bad. Character Progression.
    You still think that starting to play TBC you will be invited to Sunwell?, you will have to do the "stairway progression" from Karazhan, Gruul, Magheridon, then EYE, SS and BT. THEN you will be ready for Sunwell. You could try to get gear by other means, like the crafting epic weapons and the Heroic and Reputation Gear.
    Heroics were hard, oh men S Halls on heroic, the PSTD, or Shadow Laberynth with noobs, jesus christ.

10+ Year Old Account
    snip
    And plenty of this can apply just as much to Classic as it would to BC...your point is?

TBC was great. The fixed itemization, the introduction of daily rep quests, tabards for focused faction dungeon rep, fixed talents/classes, dungeons got a lot better, catch up gear. It was the first time i had something to do all the time. I forgot that professions had decent crafted items.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2019-10-19 at 09:11 PM.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    TBC was great. The fixed itemization, the introduction of daily rep quests, tabards for focused faction dungeon rep, fixed talents/classes, dungeons got a lot better, catch up gear. It was the first time i had something to do all the time. I forgot that professions had decent crafted items.
    Tabards was wrath. And an awful system that made dungeons overly rewarding.

I loved tbc. Far more than vanilla. Part of that could be age, lifestyle at the time, getting heavier into raiding. Not sure. What I do know is I did more pvp, more alts, more raiding, and more 5 man's in tbc than vanilla ten fold. The classes were better, systems, graphics, economy, basdically everything was more enjoyable for me in tbc. I would love to play it again, but i think the rose tinted glasses would dim quite quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AceofH View Post
    Tabards was wrath. And an awful system that made dungeons overly rewarding.
    In what way? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just interested in your POV.

That's cute. You got what you wanted, so now it's fine to just rag on people wanting something else, just like people being against vanilla before, but that was totally different? get off your high horse and deal with it, people having different priorities and preferences.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Fine, don't play it.

Go back to Retail to level up your new Fox Pokemon and play with your llama.

We have way too many tourists in our servers as it is, one tourist less will be great.

Oh, don't forget to take your friends with you too back to Retail.
    Dude...just stop. People not liking 1 expansioin of thw game doesn't mean they're a 'retail (still the wrong term) baby'. You look very silly at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Seriously? Flying mounts killed off so much player interaction out in the world. You literally had players flying up in the sky.
    It's like that interaction was feeling a bit forced then, and many people didn't like it or feel inclined to keep 'interacting' some gankers axe with their faces? Just a thought.

I liked the class changes and addition of arenas. Everything else was bleh. Do classic + on azeroth with no flying but tbc talents/skills

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I loved tbc. Far more than vanilla. Part of that could be age, lifestyle at the time, getting heavier into raiding. Not sure. What I do know is I did more pvp, more alts, more raiding, and more 5 man's in tbc than vanilla ten fold. The classes were better, systems, graphics, economy, basdically everything was more enjoyable for me in tbc. I would love to play it again, but i think the rose tinted glasses would dim quite quickly.

- - - Updated - - -

In what way? I'm not disagreeing, I'm just interested in your POV.
    Lets see, you ran dungeons and got gear, badges, reputation, gold, and potentially enchanting mats. And with LFD, you could bypass lockouts and take in even more than normal

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Fine, don't play it.

Go back to Retail to level up your new Fox Pokemon and play with your llama.

We have way too many tourists in our servers as it is, one tourist less will be great.

Oh, don't forget to take your friends with you too back to Retail.
    Pretty much this. If you don’t like it then get the fuck out