Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It’s actually pretty cool. So gear can no longer titanforge and there will be a max set of pieces you’ll want to wear that have corruption most likely which is fine. You’ll pick whatever the best ones are. I like this a lot so far, adding in gear with effects like this is so much better than having random 30 ilvl upgrades, I only hope they remove RNG sockets as well.

There will probably be a balance to strike between how common/rare it will be to get the corrupted gear but overall I definitely like the kiss/curse idea.

And no, I don’t believe we’ll run into a situation that’s stated in the OP. There will certainly be a middle ground where you pick whichever corrupted affixes benefit you the most and wear those, there might even be Min/maxing with picking an item that doesn’t benefit you the most but also hurts you less. Similar to the rings where you’ll pick whichever effect harms you the least.

Edit: I do wanna point out that this could easily be worse than TF considering it’s still RNG but seemingly more overpowered. We’ll have to wait and see but RNG within gearing was the issue with TF and I don’t see that going away.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2019-10-23 at 04:57 AM.

this is truly the most retarded thing bfa brought to date and the list is already ridicolously long

The point of changing titanforging was to replace it with something that, rather than being totally random, rewards players who do more challenging content.

I have no idea how the corrupted gear effects do that. It just seems like they increase the chance of the azerite armor problem, where an "upgrade" actually turns out to be a huge downgrade due to purely RNG related issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Here's another thing. Let's say the more corrupted pieces you equip the more the negative effect is gonna increase. So you kinda have to balance it. Use one or two pieces, you get a stat increase and a negative effect you can handle, equip too many and you become much more powerful but with negative effect you won't be able to handle.

It's a thing you need to balance out. Ok fine.

But...

This is an MMO. This is going to be chaos in a raid setting, especially in random raids. Blizzard seems to not be aware of the following things

1) Trolling

Players will equip gear that may cause trouble just for the fun of it.

2) Ignorance

You can't trust every player to know how much "corrupted gear" they will be able to handle and it will inevitably have negative effects for the entire group.

Imagine trying to manage a group like that, and all of a sudden you are in a raid and mobs and voidzones spawn everywhere. Imagine trying to find out who is the culprit. Imagine trying to get people to take off their gear, especially if it has a cosmetic effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Satan View Post
    damage it causes is so small it doesn't matter
    It would have to be literally 1 damage, I've survived encounters with like 40hp and 100hp before, imagine your gear killing you being the difference between a kill and a wipe. I'd DE that shit asap lol
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

7+ Year Old Account
    If they really needed to do corrupted gear then it should just be a cosmetic thing.

This is an MMO. This is going to be chaos in a raid setting, especially in random raids
    I can see it now: "LFM XYZ Raid, link AotC, no corrupted gear"

Imagine trying to manage a group like that, and all of a sudden you are in a raid and mobs and voidzones spawn everywhere. Imagine trying to find out who is the culprit. Imagine trying to get people to take off their gear, especially if it has a cosmetic effect.
    There will be an addon week one or a weakaura, no worries about tracking it.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

this corrupted gear is actually the dumbest thing.. just logged into PTR and its a fucking joke

the downsides are random and are too big to ever use this gear.. and seems like the amount of corruption on pieces of gear is completely random too lmao.. another slot machine train choo choo

with just 60 corruption(which is a super low amount btw) these debuffs hit you for 80k sometimes lmao

the grand delusions debuff hits you for half hp
    Last edited by Craaazyyy; 2019-10-23 at 04:22 AM.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    The point of changing titanforging was to replace it with something that, rather than being totally random, rewards players who do more challenging content.

I have no idea how the corrupted gear effects do that. It just seems like they increase the chance of the azerite armor problem, where an "upgrade" actually turns out to be a huge downgrade due to purely RNG related issues.
    It actually fixes the Azerite problem because unlike Azerite you can turn this off. If you get a drop with higher iLevel but the wrong Azerite, may as well scrap it. If you get this with a higher iLevel but the wrong Corruption you can purify it, still wear it and just get your corruption bonus from a different slot.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    Ya it sounds really dumb. I guess it's to much to ask for gear to not have pointless bullshit all over it.
    Yeah I don't get Blizzards retarded obsession with this crap, just bring back normal fucking gear no one but them tries so hard to push this cancer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Here's another thing. Let's say the more corrupted pieces you equip the more the negative effect is gonna increase. So you kinda have to balance it. Use one or two pieces, you get a stat increase and a negative effect you can handle, equip too many and you become much more powerful but with negative effect you won't be able to handle.

But...

This is an MMO. This is going to be chaos in a raid setting, especially in random raids. Blizzard seems to not be aware of the following things

1) Trolling

2) Ignorance

You can't trust every player to know how much "corrupted gear" they will be able to handle and it will inevitably have negative effects for the entire group.

You need to read, dude.

Corruption is only experienced BY THE PLAYER. If you stack too much corruption you'll get killed, and ONLY YOU.

And if you don't want the corruption on a piece of gear, you can cleanse it.

This is a way for skilled player to squeeze extra damage out of their gear by walking on the knife's edge and stacking as much corruption as they can handle.

If you can't handle it, don't equip it. The whole point if it being a kiss/curse effect is that it balances out. You don't need it. It's only theoretical BIS if you can mitigate the corruption through skillful play.

10+ Year Old Account

But...

1) Trolling

2) Ignorance

Only if the players are pretentious tryhards. This type of chaos is also unlikely to be seen in anything below Mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Friendly reminder that "I want my gear to be plain so a robot can tell me if it's good" is a terrible mindset for making a fun or interesting video game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Corrupted underwear would be hilarious.
    10% chance to soil yourself on spell cast or ability use.

or the negative effect will be so bad you won't want to wear the upgrade in the first place.
    This is what's going to happen.

It means you can get mythic gear from a normal dungeon, but there are diminishing returns on it; it's still not going to be as good as something you got from mythic.

Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    10% chance to soil yourself on spell cast or ability use.
    Love the way you think. lolol

They took the worst system in the game (Titanforging) and managed to make it even WORSE.

How they manage to do this is actually impressive.

Either the negative effect will be irrelevant, so it's pointless, or the negative effect will be so bad you won't want to wear the upgrade in the first place. Imagine getting gear that upgrades to corrupted only to not be able to use it. Imagine you summon adds in a fight and wipe the raid.
    Not my job to stay alive. I'm wearing it all and blaming healers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

It's amazing how the WoW community just wants boring stat sticks for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Kohtra View Post
    It's amazing how the WoW community just wants boring stat sticks for everything.
    i'm fine with cool effects, what i'm not fine with is gear that wants to kill me and how hard it want's to kill me is also random

same with effects on said gear

considering that at least for now the effects on the gear(the positive ones) are boring as shit

and there are also just 4 side effects.. one of them is just boring damage taken increase