Page 1 of 12
... LastLast

How long till the game releases?

Diablo 3 was released 4 years after the announcement. Since they had more artwork than actual in-game stuff i guess it will be around 4 years again which is a little said since it looked quite a nice craftsmanship but nothing revolutionary. Your guess?

(edit: wanted to do a poll but couldn't fine the option for it. Yeah i'm bad)

Just in from the panel, they said "not soon, not even Blizzard soon". So its at least a 2021 for me.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

I'd say minimum of two years.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Just in from the panel, they said "not soon, not even Blizzard soon". So its at least a 2021 for me.
    What? No way. They have a demo playable. There is no way it's 2 years from now.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I guess first half of 2020 for Overwatch 2 (don't watch panel right now, correct me if I'm wrong), second half for Shadowlands, first half of 2021 for Diablo IV. Pre-order and date reveal next Blizzcon.

they said "not even Blizzard soon(c)", so it's 2-3 years
    witcher-like slavic theme trend could be outdated by that time

still can't wait! we finally got our WoW killer

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    There was a playable demo of D3 at Blizzcon in 2008...

Didn't they learn from Diablo 3 that was released 4 years after announcement? I can't believe 2021+ for this.

2021 at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by Egomaniac View Post
    There was a playable demo of D3 at Blizzcon in 2008...
    There was? Well, shit. I thought there wasn't.

I don't know, they mentioned it being on XBox1 and PS4, which are being replaced next year, so maybe sooner than we think.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    I don't know, they mentioned it being on XBox1 and PS4, which are being replaced next year, so maybe sooner than we think.
    As I recall, PS5 and Xbox2 will have backwards compatibility. But I agree, in order for blizz not to shoot themselves in the foot with releasing on an "outdated" console, they are better off releasing it sooner than too late. But then again.. if they are making it for PC and both PS5 and Xbox2 are similar to the architecture of a PC then they can port it with more ease than ever. We'll just have to wait and see

Yeah...but they released The Ultimate Evil edition of D3 on PS3/360 at the same time as PS4/XbOne

Maybe they mentioned the actual consoles just to make sure it has nothing to do with mobile platforms at all. Funny that nobody cheered at all when she announced it altho she looked quite proud. Guess next year will be 4th class announcement 5th class the year after that beta opening the year after and 6-7 months after that the release.

November 2020, to compete with POE 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by Deventh View Post
    Yep. They esplicitly said its still in a very very early state. Maybe the style and gameplay is final and polished, but now they have a lot to do to fill up the world.

They said the game scope is waaaay bigger than the trilogy.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Well they usually put a good six years into each new title and they are only about four into D4's development, and they only have three classes so far. I am guessing 2021.

Yep. They esplicitly said its still in a very very early state. Maybe the style and gameplay is final and polished, but now they have a lot to do to fill up the world.

They said the game scope is waaaay bigger than the trilogy.
    Game looks solid. It should take as long as they need to. 2-3-4 years. I want to play a good game. I hope it's not dumbed down because of the console port though. That scares me.

I don't think we'll see D4 Before 2021 and I'm fine with that. Like the poster above me said, take as much time as they need so long as the game itself is good.